1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RP community within BDO.

Discussion in 'RP' started by Graugus, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Graugus

First off, I have to say when I first started this game (4 mos after launch) as a PvPer before actually settling down, comfortably as RPer. I have RPed approximately 26 times on various characters (mostly my Zerker and Striker).

My first RPing guild "Silver Kestrels" was a really good guild before the Ravens of War/Silver Kestrels perpetual war started (which I was against). My second go around as far as RPing guilds was one I formed myself, "KATAN" at the time a Valencia based RPing guild that failed miserably, because of the desert disease that everyone hated getting.

My question in regards to this thread is this, if the BDO community is pointed out to be just that, why is more than 80% based out of Heidel?

Also, why are 45% of the active roster guilds pointed to by the RPing forums all master/lord/slave to me type of RPing guilds?

I'm just wondering, as I am going through the hidden lore of BDO and such, and wondering why no one has ran with the lore, within the game as a theme for RPing?

Hluill likes this.
  2. 6footgeeks

Dunno. it started that way. now its just that way. Not really worth changing it for people i think.

I dont RP much in heidel anyways, i think most of us just RP as we are, tis a way of leif

3. Graugus

That's sad.

4. Whitrix

Ambassador

There's plenty of people interested in the lore for their RP in the various RP communities. You should check them!

5. Straum

Roleplayers have had perpetual wars since the beginning of time, it's game primarily focused on grinding to an end game, despite that being irrelevant. Roleplayers have always been wardec guilds give or take, when you blur the lines between RP and PvP it's hard to tell what is what. For example, there's a certain guild in BDO right now that does do rp aspects, but their PvP side heavily favors it, now i'm not going to run in waving a big red flag saying "THAT'S THE POINT OF BDO" But it seemingly is for the majority of players. Having said that, Roleplay is 80% based in heidel for how central it is in the map, joint with how quickly you can get there from starting the game. (it can take as little as 15 minutes if you autorun there without a map marker, and an hour if you wanted to quest your way there) Toss in the fact that a good deal of roleplaying people don't just play this game for RP (They'll grind/nodewar/sail/siege) And that's your answer, roleplayers don't always roleplay, sometimes they just enjoy other content too.

Also, as for the 45% of roleplay guilds having master/lord/slave RP... That would be the guilds theme, it might not correlate with lore exactly, but it's not lore unfriendly enough to make Whitrix flail his arms, yet. (Love you whit!) It's just what people want to do really, and there's no real certainty that a player can't become a lord, guild leaders of regions do become lords of the region after all. Just a Roleplaying guild hasn't hit it yet. Anyway, it just boils down to who does what, i'm sure there's a guild out there that doesn't lock you to just one theme of roleplay, just have to look mate.

Graugus likes this.
  6. SaintEaon

Because Cancer like Silver Kestrels made a habit of griefing kowtowing to them and letting them do whatever they want? Oh also people are really lazy or really like Elephants. Its weird.

Arden Ammund likes this.