1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Run out of Turkey's?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Mafesio, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Mafesio

upload_2017-11-24_17-43-1.png

Who let the bag bullies come up with this event.

ODB3698 likes this.
  2. dewmeqt

meanwhile all i have is 20+ turkey, 20+ sauce and 0 taters :x

ODB3698 likes this.
  3. Crescent

Crescent Ranger 62 EU

Meanwhile I have 20+ turket, 20+ potato and no sauce.... How about letting us trade them in-game? (it's still food, kinda) ;D

Kismet likes this.
  4. Traxxle

Let's assume this event was designed to sell inventory spaces by filling it with useless event items. The most effective way of doing this (from the developer's POV) is to assign a high drop rate to two of the event items but a much lower drop rate to the third. To be more sneaky about it, the developer might set a different low-drop-rate item for different players - from posts so far, this seems possible.

Players' best strategy then is to identify which is the low-drop-rate item for him/her and not collect excess high-drop-rate items. For example, if you're getting lots of turkey and mashed potato but few cranberry sauce, don't keep more than one or two each of turkeys and mashed potato. Discard the rest. Sorry to be long-winded.

ODB3698, Redarion and YajStylez like this.
  5. ambyentlight

i seem to always get 1 of each odd.

6. Hemuk

It's never been this big of a discrepancy between items, they generally nail it.

7. ronniejw

8. Mafesio

upload_2017-11-25_9-53-31.png

I wish it was an illusion, the 24+ slots of inventory just for sides though is not an illusion when your gathering and farming. I opened 3 feast, crap of course, 3 magic axes, pfft. They couldn't make them stack maybe? They say 50k but you can't sell them. No way I'm going to start putting them in storage. I thought Holiday events were supposed to be entertaining and rewarding. I can't carry as many seeds now because of this damn event. If I throw them away I know turkey's are going to start dropping like mad. I make way more money farming then carrying the sides around and the occasional turkey which get's rid of some spaces in exchange for another magical axe that doesn't stack either.

It would be nice if they just let you sell them to a Vendor for stated price.

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. ronniejw

I would agree that they should allow us to sell them but the fact is that it is exactly what I posted. Perhaps you should take a few minutes to actually read the links I posted. The illusion is that it's anything other than simply random clusters.

10. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Its not fixed you are just unlucky. I have been afk fishing for a few days now and some days i will almost get a 1:1 ratio and other days i will pile up just 1 type of food.

11. The_Lord

it's called RNG , currently i have a bunch of potato, turkey and no sauce, at first i was getting all 3 equally then i was getting a bunch of sauce, turkey and potato , i think this event is amazing

12. MalpoDeMalpis

Go grind chimeras, you will have the same amount of turkey sauce and potatoes

13. Mafesio

Well I wasn't really complaining about RNG. I actually like RNG in this game. My complaint is that is a poor implementation for a holiday event. Stacking the event items, or making it a single item and lowering the drop rate. I'm now at 30 inventory slots used up for event items. I got most event items from lifeskilling, the more event items in my inventory the less fish fit now and if you go from gathering wood to mining the slots being taken up by event items makes more trips to storage. Yes I can throw them away, but I would like to maybe get something out of a feast and I know the minute I throw them away I'm going to get a bunch of turkey's.

I'm going to be a little disappointed though if at the end of the event I have 80 event items in my inventory that I can't even sell. It's supposed to be a holiday event, make something fun for the players, doesn't have to be given away but, you wouldn't tell someone on Christmas they can have their presents if they are lucky enough to find them. Let them stack next year or make it all of them same type next year maybe. I'm not saying I haven't gotten anything, I buy magic axes so the 3 I from the feast I opened are usefull.

Vix likes this.
  14. Nutter22

Gotta be honest here. I normally stick up for this game as I really love playing but this event is naff. I've got 7 full sets to make turkey feasts and the rewards are totally underwhelming. You can say RNG as much as you like but for me I've got 4 soiled scicliy necklaces and one soiled ogre ring and two magic tools Meh!

I'm actually tempted not to bother with them as the rewards are so poor. Takes up too much inventory space and my sum rewards are a magic hoe and axe. Totally duff. If you're going to run an event Kakao at least make the rewards worth it.

ODB3698 likes this.
  15. Nutter22

Generally I stick up for this game because I really love it but this event sucks hard.

The rewards are naff and that's putting it kindly.

Stupid drop rate of 2/3 items, non stacking, non selling and to top it all off rubbish rewards. But I suppose in my case it's very realistic. I have so much turkey it's coming out of my ears. Turkey for breakfast, dinner and tea!

16. Vix

Vix

I have 12+ potatoes, I think 4 turkeys and no cranberry sauce. Had to throw some potatoes away cause the ratio was getting ridiculous and I was doing fetch quests. Plus I have like 2-3 rows of magic tools now in my inventory. Some from pre-event, most from the event.
    They should've done it like the cherry blossom event, or like relic shards. All same items, put 'em in a shape to get a reward. Not 3 different non stackable things. In the beginning they were dropping pretty equally, last two days I've been getting potatoes about 85% of the time.

ODB3698 likes this.
  17. Andaro

Ambassador

So you da one dat stole all the cranberry sauce lol

iller, Vix and Ventesa like this.
  18. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

I solved this by using a wagon, load up wagon slots, check it in to the stable. I've found that to be ab adequate buffer for rng variance. Cheers!

Andaro likes this.
  19. Nuonii

Nuonii Daralyn Lahn EU

I keep having no potatoes :|

20. Obeah

This is how they monetize the game. They give you things that you want, that take up inventory space. This in turn incentives you to buy more inventory space.

That's why Relic/Cartians/Pila Fe/AW Scrolls all require 5 items that don't stack.