1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sailing event messages.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MoonDance17, May 28, 2020.

1. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Can I respectfully ask the game devs to remove these irritating immersion breaking event messages from the game. I would not mind them at all if they actually gave a true representation of what is happening on my screen. It is however terribly immersion breaking to be told that strong winds have washed water over my deck and damaged my ship while there is not a wave in sight. It is equally annoying to be told that my sailors have recovered due to the calm seas while in the middle of a violent storm complete with strong winds and lightning. The icing on the cake was being told that my sailors had lost health due to the long voyage when I was still well within sight of Velia harbour having barely reached the target dummies.
    I would also like to ask what intelligent person decided that you could not feed your sailors except when at the wharf but you can feed your boat food. Also I doubt that many sailors would sign on for a voyage if they knew they would only get fed once land was reached. STUPID, STUPID,STUPID.

#1 MoonDance17, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Ben Phoenix and Joungf like this.
  2. Marzipan Stan

wait so are you asking for like
    a different game, at that point?

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

No I am asking for the messages to be removed or for them to actually represent what is happening. It will not change the game but it surely will remove the garbage that they call an event.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  4. Andaro

Ambassador

It definitely would be neat to see things like waves during a storm, and actually have alot of the realism that goes with it. But, then again, folks harp about having sea currents and winds "making it hard for them to sail" and fail to research sailing and learning how to tack. >.>

Reminds me of when you could originally drown in the water, and they removed it because too many folks complained about dieing at sea. Sigh.

Personally I'd love to see some maelstroms out there on the waters OwO

5. Joungf

You have to stick with the tornado that look like a three years old child is drawing circles. :)

#5 Joungf, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  6. Ben Phoenix

Since when BDO is just about event messages and when you can feed your sailors? So, according to you, if these two things change, you are gonna play a completely different game?

[​IMG]

Joungf likes this.