1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Sailor sickness mechanic is seriously broken.

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by gatsupl, Oct 26, 2019.

1. gatsupl

So I have already 5 sick sailors of of 6. I have no idea why they became so.
    I don't use supply or explore function when anchored just in case.
    I have never had sailors without food always keep them above 50%.
    Just now one of them got sick when I used remote collect.

Something is seriously broken with this mechanic. Now all I have is a fking sick bay. Who thought its a good idea?

After 55 trades I have 301 coins so I can heal only 3 of my sailors. WTF IS THIS ****? That way I will never have any coins for other things. PLS FIX THIS CRAP.

Ty.

3amclub, Danjal, Hilly and 4 others like this.
  2. Salminar

Same here, but couldn't even craft the elixir, i don't know if it's a mistake in the patch note or something i don't not understand but
    • The "Elixir of Regeneration" can be obtained through Simply Alchemy with the following materials: Mandragora Essence x1, Essence of Magic Power x1, Oil of Regeneration x1, Troll Blood x2, Grape x4
    This do not work, either by alchemy or simple alchemy. Fix your game or your patch notes or both ... Do something right for once.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  3. Ponge85

This is the reason I dont use sailors at all, they are just a hassle after a short while. Mandragora essence price should be lowered considerably (to 10 coins imho), or turned into a regular item you can buy for silver. Its simply stupid that you have to spend 50-100% of your earned coins to fix your crew. Other solution is, reduce the sickness chance very much, which increases considerably if the sailors hunger gets to 0, so ship users should be punished with sickness only if they neglect the sailors. Who tested this? Does PA test anything at all?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Joungf

We just need more sickness. Sailor sickness at the sea, heat stroke and cold stroke at the desert are too less.
    How about Malaria and other tropical sickness at the forest and flu, fever and cold at the cities and the rest?
    Then we would also need some new professions like shaman, witch doctor and pharmacist.

#4 Joungf, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    3amclub, Lillesofie, NannaOgg and 7 others like this.
  5. WisedudeBlack

The whole expansion is a drag.Almost feels like a mobile game with all the "pay2skip" stuff.Wanna heal your sailors?You can either go farm some coins for 2 hours or just buy an elixir for 50p pearls.Literally nickledimnig us.

The price for getting supplies/sailor food also needs to be dropped by ALOT.It's simply too much money.2+ml for a simple resupply?wtf.

6. gatsupl

Ok. I figured it out.

This whole sickness system is designed around MTX in F3 shop to heal your sailors. It serves no other purpose.

It is esspecially annoying and time wasting mechanic:
    1. Your sailors may get sick if you explore/suply.
    2. They can get sick if you forget to feed them. (thats why checking HP is designed to be annoying)
    3 .They will get sick 100% of the time after you remote collect your ship.
    4. Not "p2w" item for healing is a chore.
    F3 is easy fix to deliberately introduced annoying AF problem - aka FU give me Money D:<.

Solution:

1. Pls never ever use explore/supply.
    2. Keep track of your sailors hp.
    3. Don't take your sailors if you plan to use Traveler's Map (remote collect your ship afterwards)
    4. If possible just dismiss sick sailors (low lvls can be easly replaced anyway)
    5. PLS PLS PLS DO NOT BUY F3 HEALING CRAP EVER - tell them to FK OFF

Sail safe. :)

#6 gatsupl, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  7. Factorial

We could also have the black plague which would instantly kill about 1/3 of the world's population randomly. Since the GMs are already dressed for it from a historical point of view, they will be there to carry the bodies on wagons or maybe even effect a cure.

8. SyreneLillianaide

:D Hahaha, so funny. I'm dieing laughing.

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  9. Ben Phoenix

Great idea guys, I support that. I wanna be a shaman btw.

Joungf likes this.
  10. Joungf

I appreciate your idea. Especially if some important NPC get killed by the black plague and player will just get stuck at those quests. :D
    BDO = Black Disease Online :D

#10 Joungf, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  11. Ben Phoenix

Sadistic! I like that... ;P

Joungf likes this.
  12. Joungf

That one ....
    [​IMG]

... or that one?
    [​IMG]

Platinia and Ben Phoenix like this.
  13. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Our pets and fairies should also get sick!

"Bro I was killing bison for knowledge and my T4 marmot got bovine spongiform encephalopathy. feelsbadman"

Square_N, NannaOgg, Findubar and 2 others like this.
  14. Joungf

Yes. Definitely. I absolutely agree.
    Buying pet food is not enough. You also should visit a veterinarian and buy some vaccine.

NannaOgg, Findubar and Motoko_Shi like this.
  15. Ponge85

6. Don't use sailors at all. This is my pick.

Serioulsy, PA starts to pull very disgusting moves lately, this being one of them. Designing a mechanic just to utilize Pearl Shop, The sailor system is pure P2W. F off PA.

16. Rinnagans

It's almost the end of the year now, PA gotta get them number up on those financial report some how.

17. von_sch

Hm, I sail all day, use the explore function all the time and none of my mates got sick ever.

NannaOgg, Mana_Mafia and Megta like this.
  18. Stabby

Ya this mechanic is stupid. They only get sick, that's it. Change their name to <Sickly Sailors>. In the meantime I'm avoid the saiolr thing at all costs. If it means I dont sail then so be it. I'd rather stay on land than deal with that garbage system mechanic.

19. DrJeckel

got stuck on that stupid dead coral away from the coastline @ the eye and yup...had to remote collect....instant sailor sickness.

20. WisedudeBlack

You can call your boat if you are between 30-40 meteres away from your boat.Very useful if it gets stuck.

Mana_Mafia and von_sch like this.