1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scroll Written in Ancient Language overall drop reduction?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by HiStranger, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

got more scrolls from fogans now than i did before the patch used to get 1-7 scrolls per hour now i get 6-10 scrolls

2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

How many hours have you been there? It's also entirely possible they ****ed it up for some areas and not others.

3. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

3 hours after the patch and lvled my kuno from 57-61 there before the patch.I think fogans,gahaz and pila ku got the best scroll drop

4. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

3 scrolls per hour, ****ing amazing. 230 ap with kutum.

RoakOriginal likes this.
  5. Shanothy

I've gotten 5 seraps drops and no BMC so far on my journey to 61 Lahn.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. elgen

Black magic crystals may be bugged but that does not have any impact on pila scrolls It's not in the same loot group. The end results when they fix it is a increase in the serap's and other items from the rare loot table.

After reviewing the patch notes on the area it appears that the pila nerf was intended. Black stones are in the same loot table as pila's so they compete with pila's as a drop. Black stones per the patch notes got a drop rate increase you have also confirmed this. What this means is they did not increase the chance of looting a item from that loot group they just increase the chance of black stones being gained over other items from that loot group. So as far as pila's going it is working as intended it. That's not to say every one will like the change and not want it reverted.

I short it looks like they wanted to make black stones the common drop with serap's being much more common as a rare drop for naga's. Your going to pick up much less pila's but average a serap per hour with a level 10 node.

As a side not I went out to centaurs and within 10 mins got 3 bmc's and a soiled belt LOL. These seems way to high but I won't complain. The average player is going to need at least 150 magical shards when the new zone is release for the magic hoe and new processing stones.

7. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

Dude. I noticed this waaaay before they actually announced it.
    The drop rates for the Scrolls of Ancients were nerfed hell before they even switched service providers.
    This was last year ffs.

8. DarkyCookie

When i read about new drop - i thought - pfff, they changed it many times before and nothing critical happened. But today i 1st time went to Naga, and OMFG i realise that drop of scrolls is ****ing terrible, 1 scroll per hour. RIP game, thanks developers

9. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Ive never had more than 10 scrolls per hour, 7 was a miracle, so there's no difference to me.

Welcome in my club i guess.

Feelsgoodtoseeyoustruggle.

10. Shanothy

Compare the black stones then. I get 40-50 black stones per hour at nagas.

11. DarkyCookie

It doesn't means anything, because if you will calculate - you farm much less money now.

RoakOriginal and flukeSG2 like this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

10 stones = ~1 scroll in value

id prefer scrolls tho

flukeSG2 likes this.
  13. Shanothy

Ofc, but I prefer it more like it is now. (Need accessories go basi/cres, need scrolls go gahaz/fogan, need BMC go centaur, need black stone go Naga)

Go grind where you want the loot.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

blackstones u can get wherever green stuff drops in mediah. :D

15. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Also, we should not forget that blackstones should be quite plentiful anyway now, what with all the +X gear dropping everywhere, most of it otherwise being useless, isn't that so? At least I haven't found much use for all those drops myself except for extracting (hardly any will ever sell, and for "fail stacking", bah, you only need a few at +13 or +14 perhaps?).

Mistical likes this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

That's actually ridiculous. You need both silver and exp to progress in this game you shouldn't have to make a choice between gaining one or the other. Yes some places will reward more than others, just like some areas reward more EXP than others, but to nearly remove all value from one area to make it so you gain no rewards is dumb. That just means it will take twice as long to progress by having to split our time up in several places. While high end players don't have that problem in Gyfin, they get the best EXP and the best silver per hour. Doesn't make sense. If they are intending to do this, do it for all areas, not just one.

17. Kalara

Prior to changes : over 100 hours on nagas of grind time:
    -Min drop per hour: 3
    -Average per hour: 5
    -Max per hour: 10
    All of this with Kamasylve buff+20%, +10% drop rate from knowledge and +5 Luck.
    5 pets all tier 4. Always max pick up rate.

I kill over 4000 nagas per hour, completing 16x 250kill marnis stones.

After changes per hour: (Already 12 hours clocked-in)

-Min drop 0
    -Average per 3 hours: 1
    -Max: 1

Same buffs, same pets. Same number of kills

I've also started testing out in Sulfur mines. approx same results with low test data so far.

232AP w/tet Kutum
    244AP w/tet nouver

I would love to see them add memory fragments to HUNTER SEALS:
    Judging by black stone prices, 7-9 hunter seals should be 1 memory fragment for trade in.

Otherwise make relic scrolls have an awakened version. Pila were at least slightly faster and this drop rate makes it unbearably long.

18. Wet Cake

Not me. I got less scrolls at current Fogans than I used to at Nagas.

I even started investing energy in Nagas right before this change with scrolls in mind. All for naught.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. Jonnyyy

are we sure they are fixing the game? i have some doubt :0

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

See @2Cents that's how people make high quality neutral posts while informing the community. You should take good notes on this and follow the example.