1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea eels!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Éternel, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I never do any fishing quests apart from the inventory slot one as I hate fishing both in games and in real life.

2. Avitohol

I don't normally complain in the forum, but... common, really, rng fishing? impossible swimming distance? running in the desert with camel, and all this for such a short time? Thats the best you can do? bullpoop

3. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

well past bait might help but it 1 1/2 min between bits so if you not lucky in the first 2 bit your not going to get quest done I got 9 eels but not in the time so people that get it lucky you

4. Khondo

More BDO gamers complaining that things are too hard. Where's my free VP, oh wait we got one last night.

5. WisedudeBlack

"Hard" he says.It's boring is what it is.I've just completed all 3 books and I can honestly say it was one of the most boring/tedious things I have ever done and I did it because I'm a completionist and mostly had nothing better to do.

6. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

The eels didnt give me TOO much trouble.... But enough that when I went to do the bargain game after and was hit with the "CANT DO THIS WHILE TAGGED" I decided to say **** this **** and go back to afk fishing.

Tagged shared XP event then release journal in same time frame. Nice.

7. yukishiro1

Just cheese it, keep dropping and picking up the quest if you don't get an eel within the first two minutes.

8. Eurodrake

PA never ceases to amaze me how PEPEGA they are. This quest is proof they have no idea how their own game works. Stupid quest... timing fishing ques... are you seriously this stupid???????

Sandrituky and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

Even if you obtain triple rod still rng gated... Tried over 1h with balenos rod and max got 2 of 3. About desert Its more like forcing to buy/obtain own Unicorn (tip: get crons from pearl costumes to safe some mats! Thats amazing!). Im stuck at eel and I think gonna skip this rng ****.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. t4mpel

Criticism is okay as long it's deserverd in my opinion. This Book needs to some preperation and knowledge or you are heavy geared with t9, triple rods, fishing outfit or a fast boat, speed musa etc.

Thing is you can do this, yes. Is it fun? No.

Fishing for 5 hours, lookin for portals ( yes we love it all), running around in gahaz til some nub interrupts you the 20th time. Do you like that? Ofc you have to do something to progress but the difference to a job is: This should be fun. At least a bit. (Everyone who have a fun job, please do not destroy my comparing here thx)

Just raise the timer a bit and it's fine.

11. Khondo

That's where I think you are wrong, no it does not have to be fun. Lots of players like challenges in the games they play. There need to be more things like this that give a challenge to the player and a real achievement when completed. That's one of the things I love about BDO, it does have some challenging content that a lot of players don't like, enhancing as an example.

If the challenge requires you to achieve certain items in the game, that adds to the exciting content. There should be more events like this and Mysteries of Summer, to allow the players who enjoy challenges, to have "fun".

12. WisedudeBlack

I managed to do the desert part with a camel sorta.Start timer>run with camel to center of desert>use teleport map to sandgrain>switch to tier 8 and speedshift to the locations.I had an extra minute before finishing it.

Lurien likes this.
  13. t4mpel

Don't get me wrong. I like challenges. But they should be designed as a challenge what makes sense. You think fishing a rng fish is a challenge? A challenge is for me to solve things with effort, creativity and skill. How is it a challenge if you just need certain items to do it, otherwise you are lost? Than its more a challenge getting the stuff instead the challenge itself. But i have to recant my statement a bit cause meanwhile i found some solutions to solve so most stuff really easy.

14. Spartakatz

BDO devs seem not to be allowed to produce any content that doesn't have heavy RNG elements in it. That's just how it is. Some kind of illness, or fetish, who knows.

15. Lefteye

How is fishing 3 eels in 9 minutes a challenge? There’s no skill involved, no puzzle to solve. It’s purely based on luck. By that logic, you complete a challenge if you get in and out of the dmv faster than normal.

16. Apanasios

Apanasios Warrior 62 EU

17. Khondo

And with that statement you proved my point. It's all about making you think how can I achieve this. The challenge of success.

18. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

Guru 12 here and 2 mins between bits and only 10 mins does not work well when take 1/2 min to get to fishing so unless your really lucky not going to work out pluss they rework the manual fishing and shorten the time you have to type the numbers in so another thing adding to this quest and add RNG and why even try and for me the Moray do not count so i am done

19. Claydough

Am i the only one that like the idea of these timer quests?
    I hope they expand alot of these to be an extreamly challenging type time trials to test your skills or determination

even having some go as fast as to required 300ap kutum for example to defeat x amount of mobs at sycraria for example

this is the type of pve progression that is lacking in this game

Khondo likes this.
  20. Greevous

The kill 650 Ghaz bandits has got me.... being a Wizard main I'm a slow mover and there I literally can't move quick enough to kill that many in time, all the bandits are 1 shot kills this is very frustrating. I think the devs need to do a bit of work making sure that it can be done by any class... (I had max movespeed crystals and pots going still no luck) I feel sorry for those maining Valk, tamer or shai.