1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Monster Hunting is an exploit - why isn't it treated accordingly?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Reuter, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ambyentlight

lol in comparision to super easy no risk seamonsters. Seamonsters should pay less than all vilable grind spots a hour.

2. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Have fun enhancing gear to competitive levels in a reasonable timeframe without relying on the marketplace. Time and character energy is limited. It's way besides the point anyway, you completely fail to address the repercussions inflation has on the game.

You're still banking on the possibility that Drieghan will bring something to the table that makes all other money making methods obsolete. a) There are no indications coming from KR for this to happen and b) how would yet another unparalled money making method help the game in any shape or form? You're rightfully referring to it as buIIshit. BuIIshit needs to be fixed, not expanded.

You're not the first guy in this thread to come up with that twisted argument and I'm trying to wrap my head around how people make the connection between something that generates inflationary amounts of silver and something that lets you traverse the world faster. I'm at a loss, I'd very much welcome an explanation for this illogical thought process.

Ship movement with gamepad and uncapped FPS is broken, end of story. I don't blame people for wanting to use a gamepad, I blame the devs for not fixing what clearly isn't intended to happen. BDO Remaster and the cap of inputs/action to 60 Hz will likely fix this issue soon enough, but that still leaves 180° mouse movement to be broken.

In old Pearly Abyss/Kakao fashion, what's written in the patch notes and what's actually happening in the game are 2 different things. Dodging ghost ships by going to char select still works without any real issues.

That's a blatant lie. Going Aakman/Hystria requires at least a little bit of thoughtfulness to be efficient and for you not to die. Using all the ship related exploits makes sea monster hunting childs play.

???????????
    You're talking about something that only exists on the test server (possibly subject to change) and has no direct effect on the game's economy as of now. What is this kind of argument even.

Still child's figures compared to sea monster hunting, aside from manos gathering and manos processing being gated by either energy or materials. Sea monster hunting creates silver out of thin air, I don't understand why people have so much troubles grasping this to be an issue.

3. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I addressed both your strawman argument and your changed position. You just failed to notice. Not every argument that disagrees with me is terrible, yours are because you are bad at making them.

What is my train of thought on why nerfing is the sole solution? Uh, because there is one major thing contributing to the broken economy right now, more so than any other element, duh? Some things need to be nerfed, as much as that upsets you, the answer is not always to just buff everything else.

I do not chop up posts to make anything fit my narrative. I selected a portion of your text which I chose to reply to, it's a feature on the forum I guess you just figured out how to use. Why is projection such an issue with you and so many others on this forum?

Reuter likes this.
  4. thdsm

And so does sea hunting? If you think that everyone who starts out instantly gets the 2 min ttk on every monster while taking minimal dmg and doing optimal rotations, you are delusional. Besides, you can always solve any grinding issues with more gear, but you can't really do that with sea hunting.

5. Spartakatz

Hm, if they really have 186b, I doubt it will take very long because there are 20% tax on that amount weekly, means they will lose almost 40billion in a week if the silver is just sitting there and accumulating over many weeks.

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Yes I did, You waited til the next page then Cut it out! No one goes back and reads chopped post to make sure what was quoted was correct!.

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Its no ones problem you suck at this game, no reason to have things nerfed.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

1. It's a bandaid that will fall off leaving a festering wound to the game.

2. The underline function is also feature.

9. Superschlange

nerf sea hunting when? take money from exploiters when?

RageAgainst and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  10. AlwaysSaltyAF

GM's have said ramming is intended. Go buy an epheria and start making the big $$'s. Almost every guild is a seamen hunting guild, some moreso than others, and there is a ton of ocean pvp atm. You're missing out if you ain't out there ramming seamens.

11. Kargor

Buy a mass amount of magic fluid collectors during the week. Pop 24h Kamasylve Buff + Villa Buff + any other energy regeneration stuff on weekend. Gather non stop at goat mountain. If your energy is depleted instantly refill it at the Heidel cook NPC.

Should be a way cheaper than preordering hard and sharps.

12. Pretzels1078

It's crazy how sea monster hunters are so blind from greed they don't see its hurting the game, maybe they will see when they are the only ones left, with billions in there bank and nothing to buy on the market.

RageAgainst likes this.
  13. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

I agree seamonsters should be buffed

14. AlwaysSaltyAF

I just see noobs complaining. I can make 10bil+ a month in multiple different ways in this game and the majority of the player base is just happy with koi fish money lol.

Active silver > afk silver every time in every game.

15. Pretzels1078

Why are you trying to argue over active silver vs AFK silver, that has nothing to do with what I said..
    I think that people should be more active, preferably grinding to help support the marketplace.

16. johnnified

How about instead of all this crying we suggest something good. KR has already nerfed Ram Damage by 65%.
    How about instead of 65% it is only nerfed by 30% and the Gold Items are only worth 50mil instead of 100mil, and half the cost of the Neidan's as well. This would solve most problems.

Also, you can never get rid of 3rd party hackers/cheaters. No matter how many ban waves they will always miss the 60% who were/are doing it.

17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ramming as a skill itself was said it was ok. very very very few people use it normally tho.

RageAgainst likes this.
  18. Beertime

Too many whiners and cryers complaining about everithing ruined this game. Instead of asking constantly for nerf, just move your asses and try to be useful.

19. JustBeHappy

Hi i just wanted to say im so sorry cause of the accident our opening guy surwived. Stay strong buddy!

And this is for all the sexy sea people that swim with hekarus and know why sharks are always so assertive, and obviously like candies!

Ahoooooy

20. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

They said ramming is intended, they didn't say the ludicrous amount of silver you get from the activity was.

...and yet, which activity do you choose to do and recruit new players to your guild for? I think it's obvious this is the best way to make money, otherwise, you wouldn't be doing it.