1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Monster Hunting is an exploit - why isn't it treated accordingly?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Reuter, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ambyentlight

Yeps it builds overtime as you can only distrubute 0-40% of guild funds each week.

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. Masterio

You can add to the list the speed hack for boat speed 500% Etc. One user twitch theat application to hack, he was reported him self and KAKAO not responded :(

3. 6footgeeks

Driving ships and swimming in the game is AIDS as it is. Seems like the GMs are ok with the 'exploits' in movement and even i am since it brings an AIDS level activity down to CANCER only.

If anything RAMS maybe should only STUN the sea monster for several seconds, like 20 ish and have a 30 second cooldown on the Ram

instead, make sea canons work with Mouse aim or atleast have a good indicator where the shot will land like hwacha's do

and make rifles work against sea monsters again, canons do BIG DAMAGE ON THE PING. and rifles do widdle babeh damage on the ping.

4. 하버드대

thx i've got it.

5. HoloRE

HoloRE Hate Kunoichi 62 EU

ambyentlight likes this.
  6. Kharognar

That was a 2 weeks Payout .And they were 52 members doing hunting 15 hours / day . If you no life at Gyfin for 12-15 h / day for 2 weeks you can make up to 5.2 Billion without even calculating the Belts drops . Go grind like i do instead of emo qqing at Forums .

WaifuJanna likes this.
  7. Masterio

Sea hunting is ok now, but ppl whos using speed hacks and exploits should be banned. PA should add more sea content to earn alternate money in game. Personally i love solo sea hunting and when you nerf Ramming it will be not possible anymore.

8. HoloRE

HoloRE Hate Kunoichi 62 EU

Irrelevant either way, all my friends who still play went to sea hunter guilds and they are all making 1.6 - 2.1b per week for 8-12 hours of effort, depending on how lucky/unlucky they are.
    Can I also make 2.1b while grinding Gyfin for 12 hours?

It's pretty dumb arguing against this anyways the evidence is out there that this is broken
    Look at the market, the economy is ****ed and if everyone starts doing something it's because anything else is less worth.

Besides if you can make just as much money grinding, why would people put themselves through the aids it is to sail in this game? NOTHING is worse than sailing and swimming in this game; Are you seriously trying to explain to me that people would gladly sail for several hours a day if it wasn't super broken income for minimal effort?

#128 HoloRE, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    RageAgainst likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

then they need to ban (ore remove money/goldbars/items aquired by that money)everyone who used the camera thingy and all other "help" to hunt monsters. as those were surely not part of intended mechanics and as such are exploits.

Masterio likes this.
  10. AlwaysSaltyAF

I wonder what is actually intended for seamen hunting and what isn't. No one seems to be answering that. W/e the answer is I don't mind going with. Pretty decked out in everything to make w/e thing they want to be the way to hunt them work quite efficiently.

Pretty annoying getting my youtube tutorial vids deleted too. Only in BDO does no 1 actually know what is an exploit and what isn't. Funny game.

11. WhySoSeeryus

i think everyone knows what is the exploit. just like everyone knew about trina rifles being one and playing dumb.

12. Thing about the trina riffles is that it wasn't an exploit. It was legit translated into item's function.

13. WhySoSeeryus

whatever makes people sleep at night, i guess.

14. I didn't use the pvp matchlock for sea hunting, but that legit was a thing.

It was translated that way for the Spanish versions of the game, including the NA Spanish toggle.

15. ambyentlight

I wonder if the people defending seamonster payouts plan on selling that silver when the free market comes around.

16. AlwaysSaltyAF

Would've been a lot easier getting newer players into sea monster hunting if they kept the trina matchlocks doing sea monster damage though. Now new players are kinda screwed as they don't have enough shakatu seals or the know how/energy to efficiently farm up enough timber squares. I don't mind if they keep babysitting the veteran playerbase from now on though. I'm almost at veteran player status anyways.

17. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would anyone suggest a nerf on things that are giving the same average reward? So why should he be interested in nerfing young sea monsters, they are on par with grinding as you said.

Oh well? I guess they'll have to log in during the rest of the week and do things to earn their keep instead of just logging in for Siege, collecting a paycheck and logging out.

Maybe you can express to Pearl Abyss our community managers don't respond with any sense of urgency at all. They've allowed this to go on for nearly 3 months now and are only looking into it now because it concerns some of us, in their words. As if they have no actual concern of their own.

I think you are missing a very important point here. Not everyone can go grind Gyfin, but everyone can go kill sea monsters.

18. piratebeowolf

Its funny, when people do not really know how to play and they get all butt hurt when others know a better way.
    Like the guild crafting/trading a year+ ago we made 200 million a week and it was tooooo much so forums trolled and they removed it 100% from game. It is only a matter of time before the guys who no guild or under 1 billion funds using Q and only Q doing alot of QQing about sea hunting.

it is not an exploit to goto settings and switch to mouse to move, which was the default of this game, or a game pad.
    upload_2018-8-18_11-39-45.png

If you do not know, why not ask?
    it is not a secret it is in your options

19. piratebeowolf

and if you kill the sea, you will kill alot of the game this round, as I know it takes a long time to make a boat, but if it is useless afterwards BDO will be dead, I say this as someone with an Epheria and a frigate in making

20. Handsome Dad

Here’s what I find important - the games dying.
    Blame it on sea monster hunting or lack of content, who cares. Take a look at the steam numbers, it’s dropping daily. I only login for daily rewards, but I really stopped caring for that even. If my only viable means of income is from one method I don’t want to do to stay competitive, I’ll just play a different game.
    My friends stopped playing from the broken economy, and I bought WoW to play with them.
    Have your silver, it’s only costing you a sizable portion of the community.

RageAgainst and Oaklay like this.