1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea monster hunting is still best money in the game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Incursion, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Incursion

After the "nerf" people stop complained about sea monster hunting.
    Sea monster hunting is still the best way to get money in this game. People can get from 100 to 200 million per hour and from 200 to 400 milion with loot scroll.
    Just imagine 30 people doing that every day for a couple of hours per day. Meanwhile node taxes barely pay the consumables we use to fight.
    SMH has to be nerfed. It's not good for the economy of the game, as you can already see.
    And it's not enough. People join SMH and buy t10 payouts with irl money. A T10 is about 6B.
    Literally disgusting.

2. Blitzball

I have more respect for sea monster hunters than costume melters. D:<

3. TalexiZ

Typical Liberal response, which comes from jealousy....

Do you realize how much money people need to spend in order for costume melting to be any sort of relevant factor ?? For one Tri to TET upgrade you would be spending hundreds if not thousands of real $$$$. I don't care how much money you have, almost NOBODY is doing this. If they are you only benefit, they are contributing massively to the games Revenue stream a portion of which will always be reinvested back into the game to protect their recurring revenue stream... a WIN WIN for consumers & developers alike...

None of the people Gear Gapping you are a result of Pay 2 Win... seriously NONE...

Meanwhile I would wage the vast majority of the people gear gapping people, got this wealth based on a mind numbing activity that pays more then any other means in the game by a factor of 10....

Let's stay on point on the REAL problem with BDO.

#3 TalexiZ, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Arcuos, Krysantha, R.Prescott and 4 others like this.
  4. Blitzball

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sure not P2W. Kappa. D:<

5. TalexiZ

Not sure what your trying to say here, do the math on how much cron stones you get per $100 . As well as how many times you likely fail going from TET to PEN...

Honestly if that person paid literally THOUSANDS of dollars to get that gear, good on him. Because of him the game will continue to get massive development $$$'s reinvested the game.

I stand by my statement, the vast amount of people who gear gap everyone are Sea Hunters, No Lifers, Exploiters, etc...

Arcuos and MoonDance17 like this.
  6. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

If its so badass awesome sauce... Wtf are you doing here crying about it instead of raking it in and being full PEN everything by now????

Fearless V and Luxea like this.
  7. Josh28

Some people don't care about your math and they don't have to be rich either. Just addicted enough to open their wallets. I blew 13k$+ on the first MMO that got me addicted and made a lot of people cry with my OPness. I literally declared wars on entire guilds by myself and destroyed them, yet people STIIIIIIIILLLLLLL advocated that Silkroad wasn't p2w. LOL This happens in every game. Check Archage... People defend it not being p2w cuz it doesn't affect them and the game is cancer.

Sure it's their problem for spending $$, and life is full of unfair things and the game gets lots of cash which helps develop other methods to milk more cash from people, but just because p2w is okay for you, doesn't mean it's a good thing for the community. Right now, those Cron stones are expensive, yes, but until costume melting people didn't have such direct way to skip progress. I was actually proud of my hardwork getting to soft cap, if there's some people that gets pens in a day with cash...my achievements are worthless. So no reason to play the game...

Not to mention if PA knows it can milk money without repercussions, then they'll increase p2w. If they sell PENs in the cash shop for 100 000 pearls, you will say the game is not p2w because it's too expensive. They did that on Silkroad and the game finally died. They had to remove the items. lolz. I was a White Knight in Blade and Soul until the sever flooded with whales and got wrecked everywhere. p2w=0 Fun=out. Can't play that game without money now.

That being said though. Considering the current SMH benefits and the cost to make items beyond soft cap, I think they should buff the other money-making ways. But smh caused inflation, people to farm less materials and stuff... yeah bad bad.

Fearless V and MoonDance17 like this.
  8. TalexiZ

Don't want to start a flame war or anything, but I seriously disagree with your logic here.

How is it that if someone pays a huge amount of real $$$ to compete with your achievements in game make your achievements worthless. TO pay for the gear to hit soft cap would cost $10K USD +.

I would say if you enjoyed playing BDO and Generated enough progression that was worth thousands of dollars in the real world would be a hell of an accomplishment, far from worthless.

What killed Archeage was not Pay 2 Win... It was the gear gap largely created by EXPLOITS & Player Nations steam rolling over all content and attracting all the skilled players creating one-sided gameplay.

I maintain this statement if you run into someone who outgears you or kills you in this game. It is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more likely that person acquired their gear through exploits, Monster Hunting, or simply Grinding like crazy since launch. Botting and Monster Hunting killed the economy, if anything people spending real $$$ on the game helps the economy.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Josh28

Because we are playing an MMO and not SOLO RPG.(almost though) It's competitivity, not solo achievements. If games follow the same bs logic as real life, why make them at all? I reached my conclusion through experience so I doubt you'll ever be convinced.
    This is true, but such achievement takes years, patience, and it's entirely personal. No one will care if you reached Guru farming or if you swim across the sea. (I did that to achieve it, some other guy did that, but it doesn't matter.) If you can kill me in pvp, however, then I'll care.
    I didn't say p2w killed Archage. But it is cancer. I spent 800$ and got me absolutely nowhere but other people got lucky. The game was hard mode without cash shop items and there were no good ways to make money. I tried them all. That's why guilds could monopolize things. It's the faulty system that destroys all fun.
    I wholly agree. But give it time. P2w never stays in one level. Companies want more money after all. But usually, they make the game worth paying for before milking more money. I guess they tried with remastered. But failed miserably. Game is bleeding 1% players per week.
    If they had left the game how it was before their balance patches, I wouldn't be here complaining about p2w. I would be grinding. The game was fine before. That's why I played it in the first place. I'm not someone who sticks to just Life skills, so all those changes affected me greatly and they do NOT feel better than before.
    ps: people spending $$ helps the community but it's not entirely a good thing because it's telling the company to milk more money and increase p2w more. remember, it's all about cash for them. And we are just addicts looking for a fix.

10. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

Interesting twist...
    A SMH rant topic turned into a p2w rant topic.

First off, SMH is good as it is and people doing it deserve the money they get. They take the effort of doing it. And honestly where does it effect the economy? You mean the pre order prices? Yay sucks if an item goes to bid like my tet nouver talsiman a week ago which i sniped for a little over a billion silver where the last pre order was about 2 billion or more. Saved me at least 900 million.
    You just need to be patient to get what you want. You all sound like those little kids that come to the cashier with their parents and want those little sweets that they place near the exit, crying because mommy says no.

And to the p2w costume stuff. Actually, as the same applies as above, you can buy the costumes for $0 from the marketplace. There are so many people that sell those costume boxes and a pen attempt would only be 550ish million silver. GG

Luxea, Fookie, Edremis and 2 others like this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

No, smh does not need to be nerfed. It's the only pve activity in this game that actually needs other people (30 others at least) to work and those people have to put in a good amount of effort for it to work.
    Can you believe it...an mmo with ONE pve activity that needs human interaction. I think this is perfectly fine (btw, i don't even smh), but i think that the nodetax should be increased, maybe a 30-40% increase in nodetax would help.

Luxea likes this.
  12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So every pen in the game is now only due to p2w? nice joke

13. Biggo

The biggest problem is, that you just get pure money from SMH, so MP gets empty...

14. Sevyrn

What players really want is more ways to make money even close to how much you can make sea monster hunting. Right now it overshadows every other grind in the game by a long shot. We dont want to play Sea Monster Hunter Online.

15. Marshallx

Yep....the game designers have a tough job....on the one hand you have this hard challenge with great rewards that the average player can appreciate. The problem is the hardcore / no life / 16 y.o. nerds are going to run over the average player by spending hours farming the poor sea monster. Therefore the economy and the average player become victims.

16. Marshallx

The problem with Pay2Win is that why even play the game???? Once you spent all that real money and you have effectively "beat" the game the challenge will be gone and off you go to another game to "beat" it.

17. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

First: nerf NW-SW/Guild jumper.
    Second: Buff Grind spots

after that we can speak about SMH

btw. SMH is a lot more work as you think ;)

MoonDance17 likes this.
  18. Alicia Dominica

In order to provide healthy competition in a MMO, both time- and money-investment has to be considered though. As @TalexiZ has pointed out quite well, people are so quick to jump the gun on "p2w", yet completely disregard the pricey investment when compared to simply no-lifing the game.

Before costume-melting, cron-enchanting has been (ab)used just as much through payouts/smh and generally ingame wealth accumulated through extensively playing the game. Other (better) MMOs include barriers that prevent simple time-investment spent on easy activities (farming, grinding, etc.) enabling a player to get a huge advantage, BDO does not. As such, the game never offered any sorts of healthy competition - costume/melting and generally "p2w" did not change that.

So, if you think people with jobs spending money on a game is a bad thing and unemployed no-lifers "working hard" playing video-games while living on welfare is not, that's your own twisted sense of morality you have to deal with, but leave "competition" out of this, because that term does not apply to such an environment.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

They don't stop complain, they give up as it is clearly understandable that Kakao doesn't care about in-game economy
    Keep in mind SMH problem can be fixed with 1 line of code - add speed check like sprint or drift to ram skill.

TucoRamires likes this.
  20. Boojangles

How do you know what sea monster hunting should and should not bring in? Was there some calculation you used to determine exactly whats fair? Do you think it should make that much more than everything else (like grinding?)

What bugs me is that I invested my energy into getting higher ap. Higher ap = grinding better mobs faster = more money (kinda.) Next thing i know in order to get the best money i need to build a ship and glitch my boat into the back of mobs over and over?

Im not sure if SMH needs to get scrapped, but i would like to see grinding get buffed. Atm if i want to compete at the highest level I either have to smh or spend actual money. At the start they promised to not do cash grabby things which is why many of us are pissed.

AllanJr and MoonDance17 like this.