1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea monster hunting is still best money in the game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Incursion, Oct 31, 2018.

1. AuroraStrafe

Don't just imagine things maybe you should actually try and do it before commenting on it. If your guild does nw I don't think it's too hard to ask them to sail a few hours every day?

The meta changes from patches to patches, if you don't like the meta then simply don't play it. But if you fail to embrace the meta, you'll just get left behind. Those that are constantly demanding the world or the game to change around them really need to reconsider their way of thinking.

2. runbat

runbat 1

i say buff SMH and add more p2w. like right now

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

You look at what average gain of any other activity and requests in game and then look at SMH.

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Kakao doesn't design videogames but let's slip. Pearl Abyss doesn't care so much about the economy that they already changed SMH balance several times and plan on providing a new market system, new life skill system which will noticeably will increase lifeskillers income.

The truth about SMH is that your income heavily depends on how much time you invest into it as a group and how big is your group, and only a few people in a few guild actually earn the grossly exagerrated payouts SMH haters usually state.

5. Sevyrn

It's a cool idea on paper but players are abusing cheesy camera mechanics to turn their boats faster than they should. Would be cool if there was more focus on the cannon damage and less on ramming them with the ship, promoting it as more of a group-grind.

Blitzball and Boojangles like this.
  6. Boojangles

Everyone that I know who spent a fk ton of money also no-lifes the game. I see alot of arguments that assume a player does one or the other, but the fact of the matter is most of us have jobs. Everyone has something they "no-life". Some draw, dance, sing, body build, club, drink, travel, play sports, binge netflix, and others game.

If you are a skilled gamer who likes to compete at the top level, you now need your wallet.

7. AtomicPotato

Kakao can report to PA that their version and only their have insane problems with SMH and PA will fix it, instead Kakao somehow give PA false information about SMH and make its even more easier and profitable.
    What is that bullsht ? SMH is soloable with controller 180 +ram spam for addition damage. If streamers stop streaming it, its doesn't mean problem solved- last " nerf" is a boost for those who know what to do.

8. Boojangles

I think what they mean is that your guild needs to do this also. If your the only one SMH in your guild its a waste of ur time.

Dirty Djago and Smileybones like this.
  9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

It has become so much more profitable that we got rivers of tears on the forums about how SMH got nerfed.

Still waiting for you to state how PEarl Abyss plans on providing a new market system while managing no to care about it

What you call bullsht is called doing SMH as a guild and earning income from payouts. Please tell me why there are so many dedicated SMH guilds around if solo players can earn more. :thinking:

10. AuroraStrafe

The amount of ignorance some ppl have in this thread is amusing.

11. johnnified

That was originally there, they removed it in the nerf so you can ram multiple times since the damage has been nerfed.

So indeed, they DID already fix it with Deleting one line of code :)

12. johnnified

If you have to "glitch" your ship into the back of Sea Monsters then you really suck at SMH'ing. I have poor weight so I can't loot as much as I want, but I still manage to kill and loot 3 - 4 Sea monsters within 30mins before heading back to Lema and selling (if of course someone else hasnt killed them and I am waiting for respawns). It is good you invested Energy into AP. You will need it for many things to come. Dont act like you are being FORCED into building a boat. Most people like me built one for trading (Back when it was top money maker until your kind got it nerfed). Just build the damn boat, build the damn blue gear (I have everything except black sails) and go kill stuff. You make it sound like the world is ending for you.

13. Stef

Stef Archreaper DarkKnight 62 EU

This is exactly why this community is complete trash.
    If we only focused on ourselves and our own playtime, and having fun playing what we find the most fun, and less being envious of what others do, and especially, because we ourselves refuse to do what is claimed to be the most worthwhile, we would have a less toxic community.
    Instead of bitching, moaning and complaining about something that requires a 30+ man coordination or some relative effort, how about you focus less on what others do, and focus on what you find the most fun?
    Or God forbid, try the activity for yourself since you claim it's 250m per hour, which is utter ********, but irrelevant to the point, I guess.

Maybe if you guys remembered the original point of video games, and started doing things in game that you personally find fun, and focus lot less on what other people do, and be envious about it, you'd be lot less bitter.

14. Irini

They are still using exploits/glitches, they are still making more than 3-4 times the money per hour than with anything else in the game.

15. Kyronami

The people that say SMH money is worth the "effort" are idiots. Controller use is almost exploiting with what it lets you do, on top of that people exploit kill the monsters by trapping them with multiple boats while 1 member parks ontop of it and essentially get infinite rams since their boat never goes through the monster which kills it SUPER fast

Nodewarring and winning takes 100x the effort for 100x less silver, its ********

TucoRamires likes this.
  16. AtomicPotato

No, before its was available with TWQ "combo" and what they did instead of adding speed check they just remove TW from combo and make it Q spam.
    It is pointless to complain with SMH people, they are justified it as counter to NW/Siege guilds in PVP game.

17. johnnified

To be fair, people like these (especially in this day and age of needing to be overly reacting to everything), will always find a reason to be toxic.

18. johnnified

Dont forget the ram nerf.
    Which is why they made Q spammable.

19. Kyronami

I find it funny how they nerfed the forechop hunting thing because it was an "exploit" yet this xbox controller sea monster ramming bull is perfectly fine apparently

20. AtomicPotato

What nerf are you talking about ?Initially Ram did damage on "Ram end landing" now you just spam Q like retard and deal damage while still following monster - this is nerf ?