1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea monster hunting is still best money in the game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Incursion, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Kyronami

or do what I said and trap the SM and kill it in like 10 seconds omegalul

2. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Atm I am even afraid to point out better methods because all I will see will be topics crying "OMG IT'S EVEN MORE BROKEN THAN SHM NERF NOW NERF NOW".
    People act like margoria is not 50% of world map.

3. RedBulliChain

T10 Payout is around 10b at top guilds, not 6 :). You get that payout for ~50h work. So yes, its sitll the best money in the game.

TucoRamires likes this.
  4. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

No one forces you to do anything. And what do you want to "compete" for? Grindspots? Or those hard raid dungeons we have ingame? Sorry but speaking of competing in highest levels is just a objective opinion on what is the highest level. Tell you what, i do only have tri boss armor with bhegs being tet and tet weapons, tri accessiors. with 247 ap i can easily compete against others in pvp.

Also most people i see running aroung with higher AP to grind better mobs faster.... still grind at fogans or gahaz or some other mobs around that range... Also SMH people also invested their energy into getting their ship, their gear for the ship to do SMH efficiently. How is this much different?

Lets compare SMH to grinding based on one person doing it.
    SMH person gets 200 million per hour guild fund...
    grinder person gets up to 60 million silver per hour (depending where they grind) straight into their pocket.

SMH persons money would go into the guild fund which they have to have a guild for and of which they would have to have 31 people to actually payout guild funds of which only 40% can be payed out. Of which everyone in the guild should do the smh or that one person socially supporting 30 other peoples with their earned money.

However, i it is intended since they made this content a little easier, controling the ship but the mobs harder to kill by tuning down the damage massively. And moneywise sure if you are lucky to drop the rare drops that are worth 100 million silver then its nice money, otherwise you are likely on par with other money methodes. But always keep in mind that you can only payout so much.

But i know you will counter this... I am tired of this bs discussion. You got your opinion and i got mine.
    Sadly crybears gonna cry until they ruin things for everyone.

5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

You need a friend for this - its like - 90% of SMH community.

6. Kyronami

Your post is complete BS

who makes 60m an hour grinding without a loot scroll? I have 273 ap and I dont make 60m an hour at even hystria without a scroll running.

Also the amount of gear required to grind at hystria takes MUCH longer to obtain then crafting an epheria boat with minimally enhanced blue or green gear required to do SMH

I already know youre going to argue that the boat and boat gear is "hard" to get, but PLEASE tell me that an epheria and +5/6 blue gear is harder to get then pen weapons, tet ogre, etc needed to grind your "60m" an hour

7. Kushina

SeaMonsterHunter killed the "GAME" Now is a fishing simulator , unbalanced , economy broken , no pvp GAME.... with 2 words "DeadGame"

TucoRamires and Blitzball like this.
  8. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

You seem to forget that damages made by the ram skill have been greatly reduced at the same time.

But to know this, I guess one has to know this subject... And you talk as if the mob is never fighting back. Is it an exploit to evade attacks too?

9. Edderkoppen

Edderkoppen Musa 62 EU

This.

10. OldNewSchool

Ok so, let's start saying that I am a casual SMH, but I have been doing it for some as a full time activity.
    Let's shed some light on this.

1st 250m per hour is a total exageration. Only situation that is possible to come close at 200m per hour is in a group of two geared boats on arsha, with kama buff, cash shop weight and 60 min loot scroll (which are never enough, hard to acquire and will finish soon). And this is a special situation as the same setup will most of the time bring only 1 100m drop which will have to be divided in 2 people so it's 50m - taxes (25% or more).
    On solo on the other hand God knows how many times i came back with only neidans which will profit more or less 150m minus taxes after 2 hours+ spent to fill both my main and alt inventory weight.

2nd you get 0 experience or skill points on that activity, and being your main character doing it most of the time (because not many people would buy multiple times the cash shop weights), so your character is basically stuck on character level progression.
    3rd Let's also add that if you do that activity you have no time to gather, go drop accessory, scrolls for memes and everything else, so you will have to buy them.

Sum this all up, and you will see that all this BIG incomes you are talking about will mainly be flushed into acquiring things that will make the market move (so your point stating it's breaking the economy is totally garbage).So BIG money-acquiring everything you need to upgrade items=not that BIG money.

Only negative thing I see about SMH is the possibility for nolifers to sell Payouts and the possibility of hopping into several guilds to get them without actually doing the ingame activity.

Very sorry for my bad english, I hope you understood everything.

MoonDance17 and Maginha like this.
  11. Claydough

it takes about double that time to hit 10bil, maybe there's afew exceptions, but generally speaking, the average sailors is pulling in 1bil per 10 hours

as far as smh goes, its average silver gained due to guild not being able to organise themselves well enough to efficiently do sea monsters

12. Variare

Variare Warrior 62 NA

That statement about people throwing $$ at the game for pens improving the game is quite silly. We're getting an underwhelming amount of content at the slowest possible pace they could give us it. And capital is not the issue, go take a look at the hundreds of millions the game has brought in already. You would think adding more money would benefit us, but in the end it just makes them want to find other ways to make money off of us like melting outfits, which even kakao refused at first for obvious reasons and were ultimately forced to implement for NA/EU.

TucoRamires likes this.
  13. Variare

Variare Warrior 62 NA

Needing human interaction? You don't need to be with those 30 people. You can all be on different channels, at different hours, different days, different locations, and it's the same. It just takes one player per boat.

14. Tacarmato

That PEN rosar doe

15. Papade

I'm quite new to the game and farm alot. Maybe i can make 15mill/hour or so. If i play 3hours every day 50million times 7, i get 350million by the end of the week in total.

You are saying there are sea monster hunters who gets 10billion weekly payouts for killing monsters 50hours a week?

If that's the case it's quite disheartening for all that hard work you do grinding.

Marshallx likes this.
  16. Alicia Dominica

Nope, if you are a skilled gamer who likes to compete at the top level, you need another game. This is nothing new and has always been like this, BDO is only demanding in terms of simple time-investment, there is nothing beyond that. People who have actually played in the upper tiers of competitive (PvP) games understand this.

That said, I'm not sure if we are talking about the same level of "no-lifing". As far as I'm concerned, you do not magically sink an absurd amount of money into the game (what was it, 250 bucks per PEN-attempt?) and play it all day long. For most people, there is a choice to be made between money- and time-investment. The latter is being favored (especially while pearl-gifting-scams, selling payouts over paypal, etc. exist). If you meant that between two players with jobs and equal play-time the one that invests more money is being favored, well of course, but neither of those players is truly competitive in this game.

17. Incursion

So joining a SMH guild for 1 day and getting 10B of payout by paying the guild master with IRL money is fine. Ok.

18. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Nope. RMT is not allowed in any case : the fact that they struggle to control it does not make it "fine" nor allowed.

19. Papade

Why the **** do i even grind if people get 10b payouts. Might aswell just give up and go play another game

20. Papade

Grinded for 3hours earlier busted my ass until my eyes were bleeding, i had around 60mill, thinking im slowly catching up to improve my gear. Now i read people get 10bill payouts from guild what a shitty unfair game