1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season is worst update to this game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaoo, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Éternel

Imagine thinking that most of people that play on NA would be doing so at 09:00 EST on a weekday. Are you retarded by nature or is it simply your choice to be so?

RedixArt, LucidKill and MoonDance17 like this.
  2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

If the regular arsha was a mistake..what makes you think that wont be?
    The fun thing to do would be to actually try what the players asked for, and that is to add a consequence to dying habitually on the new channel. So you have karma (massively reduced) AND a body flinging penalty to prevent karma bombing. They could drop the grouping up penalty then boom, bet you that new Arsha channel WOULD be the cats meow.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Dunno. Is that what you thought Anyone meant by some post, or you just imagining BS outloud?

4. Éternel

I'm calling out your BS, because you clearly were not looking at the channels over the weekend when they were all constantly crowded. Then you post a screenshot at roughly 09:00 AM on a week day and think that is when most people are playing. So please keep "imagining".

RedixArt, MoonDance17 and Stealthe like this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

That screen shot was meant to show that DURING off hours it can get to a regular level, and the problem remains.

OOF!!

6. Éternel

"The participation isnt even higher then expected..All 5 channels haven't been any more crowded then any normal channel." OOF!

RedixArt and Stealthe like this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

NORMAL CROWDED! Not overrun in red.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I said my point..Overcrowding isnt the issue. Do you think tossing more channels will solve it? I bet you do..I bet your pretty little head does.

9. Éternel

So when was the last time any non-Olvia channel has even been crowded prior to the release of the seasonal server? I don't think you understand what participation means.

RedixArt, LucidKill and MoonDance17 like this.
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Olvia channel is limited. You cant compare the 2 for that reason. That channel is of the beginner mentality has training wheels, no boss spawns, cant level past 59, 30 day wait, etc. Different motives entirely.

The entire game was crowded a few months ago, one channel was overrun.

11. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

By using pvp or pk by definition I'm still making more interactions with another player than you do with outgrinding him.

That's the whole point, you're creating a chain of events with player, that may end up with retaliation, maybe guild wars. So no, activating pk is not the end of any contact with other players. While outgrinding/ksing is the idea of going for mobs and basically ignoring your opponent.

For group, I guess the idea is on the contrary to emphasize the 1vs1, which helps in the power creep and potentially the use of CS items.

12. Éternel

Non-Oliva channels are not "NORMALLY" overrun or even crowded for that matter.

"The participation isnt even higher then expected..All 5 channels haven't been any more crowded then any normal channel. perhaps one channel says crowded at any given point..but then again so does velia or valencia on given times of the day."

#72 Éternel, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2020
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

...So you're saying the participation IS higher then expected? Then are calling me a retard for not understanding that this perceived unforeseen overcrowding is the cause of peoples grievance with the update?

Explain.

14. SSIJ

PvE only channels are great. The problem is ... we have only 5 channels to 90% game population.
    This is the reason why they are unplayable. Simple: no space for all players.

#74 SSIJ, Jun 22, 2020
    RedixArt, ODB3698, LucidKill and 3 others like this.
  15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The way the game is designed 2 people in the same area is "too many". Resource competition is the game.

16. SSIJ

Depends on places. If you have smart and clever players 3-4 people can play side by side without disturbing each other.
    But not in BDO.

#76 SSIJ, Jun 22, 2020
    Castill4n likes this.
  17. reconkangas

You kinda should of posted a bigger quote to put the whole thing into context instead of cherry picking part of the sentence.
    The point is about Solo players that were being a pain becouse you cant bump them.

If we are going to talk about the new players I would like to refer to the game being free for 2 weeks and how Olivia servers were packed for almoat a month straight here not to long ago a majority of those NEW players will find this season server a perfect way to catch up which is why there are a lot of people there. As well as a lot of players that are not soft cap yet.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Thats every game, hence why I love the ones with openworld pk you can make the ones that pester you, go away.. BDO just falls short on a few things that prevent it from being perfect. Namely its extreme p2w effecting balance.

19. Sandpit_

That and the event makes all the PvP and PvEvP players want to hit it too. If it was just PvE channels with no encouragement other than that I am sure there would be a much different mindset.

LucidKill, Stealthe and Éternel like this.
  20. XMancer

even with PVP enabled the season servers would remain the same because there are just TOO MANY people on 1 server grinding.

when a new player graduates from season server his first question is gonna be "Wait, why is it so empty out here?"