1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season is worst update to this game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaoo, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Ben Phoenix

I do ;P

You seem such a nice person, I'm glad there are still people like you out there, friendly and helpful ;)

Joungf and RainnellLynnMitarius like this.
  2. RainnellLynnMitarius

I'm a carebear tho Q.Q But das okay! ----I used to be pretty mean back when I played Aion. I was extremely toxic lol. It took me losing someone I cared for, and very much to change.

I just wish people would see that not everyone is young and have "flash" reflexes, at least not anymore. I love the game, but with my heart condition? Pvping makes my blood pressure rise and stress out very badly. It's not that I don't understand pvp or that I'm playing a pvp game! It's just? If I also value their opinion and understand their opinions? They should give at least a similar, if not a minimum of respect over the many reasons why someone may be keeping themselves away from it too.

I'll do ma best! One nice thing at a time!

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

You are correct and it is why the only channels that are crowded are the seasonal ones. Most of the player base is currently crammed into five channels. The other channels are a ghost town lol.

Gee what time did you take that shot? No doubt the servers are crowded most of the time but I guess seasonal players log out to the normal servers for afk overnight.

Your screen shot does not mean what you stated here. It is meaningless.

No it is not overrun because there are not that many bdo players. The players would be mainly older veteran players that have not pay to win their gear trying to get the accessory. This so called new experience that is supposed to help new players is a fail because of the huge number of established players taking part. That aside the servers are not overrun because there is not enough people playing bdo full stop. This is why the monetisation increases week in week out. They are crowded though at the expense of other servers being ghost towns.

#103 MoonDance17, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2020
  4. Khondo

You know all they have to do (like most other games, I hated saying that) is make half the servers PVP and half PVE, we will then see how popular each of them are. Then they can remove karma system all together, but of course, remove the Arsha server as well so everyone goes back to the normal drop rate, instead of the geared few.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  5. Allan1985

well you have derived the original topic from "people's capacity to coexist and organize themselfs (wich involves: Tolerance, Will to cooperate, Capacity to teamwork)" to "is it a good gameplay experience?", those are 2 different subjects, the first one is related to the inherent mental state of the players involved while the second one is independent of the will of the player and relies heavily on the way the game was designed, BDO is a game that punishes teamwork and groupal activities that are not PVP, if that wasnt the case people unwilling to cooperate with others by default would feel more inclined to do so, as an example there are some games (GW2 comes to mind) in wich as long as you participate in fighting a mob you will get equal loot wich means killing fater hence getting more loot, and that gameplay experience felt very positive and appropiate to me.

Stealthe likes this.
  6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

By which time all the players will have reached 61 and just log in for the daily. As there is only forty daily quests to complete if it takes six weeks there will be no need as the seasonal servers will be mostly empty.

7. Allan1985

well thats what forums are for, delivering feedback about a problematic situation to make changes that makes that situation aceptable, right? (then again is PA we are talking about *shrugs*)

PS: Dont period me D:<

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. woots

Its not different from any pve mmo tho ( especialy when thoses mmo doesnt correctly set a cooperation ), and the moment you impose enough a "rotation" dont worry, player just move away,.
    And in the end its exactly like regular channel, when past the "flag" waste of time you are left with pve grinding only.

And its not less civilized compare to regular channel where players come to pk your character because they want the "spot" you are at. ( and i dont even speak about other very toxic behavior when they just face player like me that decline a duel for a spot, as i dont have to agree to play like that )

that game never was civilized because, as you said somewhere else, the base grind spot management is average to bad, and doesnt correctly fit a "mass player" situation, and most of the time doesnt even fit a "low amount of player per spot"
    ( because low progression, low drop rate, so each player would need a "high amount of mob" to optimize the income & time limited buff: that one turn all that even more toxic )

You only feel its more "civilized" in regular channel because there is far far less active player, so far more channel to spread players, and maybe somes players take that owpvp very personaly so maybe they step less on others players foot, which even if i dont doubt it also happen, its neither a solution to have players "fear each others"

But that seasonal is a good thing to show that this game would really need a good rework for their grind spot

ODB3698 and Stealthe like this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, theoretically it would be capped PvP, cause the highest you can have is PEN season gear. So would just be a fun place to grind, playing king of the hill without the p2w is the best guess of what they are going for here.

10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I have not made a seasonal character but I seriously doubt that every person playing there will end up with full pen Tuvala gear. It is possible the many don't even end up with full tet. Maybe most are only after the accessories that you get from reaching sixty and sixty one.

11. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Empty btw.png

True looks pretty baren right now tbh

Stealthe, Éternel and MoonDance17 like this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

::mutter:: Yes, I know the channels can be popular. that wasn't the point of the picture.
    As i pointed out even while barren the perceived crowding problem exist because of the design of the game. It is meant for competition for resources. So as pointed out even during the off hours people are forced to almost grief others by just barging and grinding mobs overtop of them.

13. TeRRoRibleOne

Do you know how many people it takes to be "Crowded"? No......... You know they can make that limit whatever they want to possibly manipulate people into thinking there are a ton of people when there might not be, right?

14. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

To what purpose? Every one that sees that crowded status has already bought the game!

15. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

You do realize that killing those people just 3 times puts us in a position where we can lose our vet status within minutes, right?

16. Ned Sheynji

I mean. You dont actually think this forum is capable of delivering proper feedback, i hope.

17. Astriaj

I wish Pearl Abyss would change it so everyone gets loot/ no XP loss when forming a party.

The solution in a PvE server is to promote playing with OTHERS in an MMORPG.

It’s not that hard of a concept.

Just group up. Ta da! Now everyone gets to play.

Stealthe likes this.
  18. Astriaj

I wish we could easily group up together.

Remove the debuffs while grouping. Make player loot PER PLAYER.

Other MMORPGs do this, and it’s FUN to group up with others.

The core problem is that BDO punishes players for playing an MMORPG together.

#118 Astriaj, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  19. Ben Phoenix

That's your own opinion, it doesn't mean that people are idiots just cause they want pve servers, for example, and you don't agree with that. Do you know what having different opinions means?

Stealthe likes this.
  20. Ned Sheynji

Instead of just clapping to peoples dumb ideas and liking them, take a second, sit down and think what consquences this idea has. Based on the way you worded this, it becomes pretty obvious that you dont actually think properly through all positives and negatives and just get blinded by a few positives.
    Plus you can see very clearly if somebody actually thought through his statement if you think through it yourself. Since you dont even care to read and think through my posts, as you kindly stated multiple times in the past, it is already enough proof to show that you arent a very eager thinker. Just a reader.

And yes I don't agree if they want PvE Servers. Because they dont think/realize the consequence that spots will just overfill with people and nobody will be able to grind properly because everyone is scuffing each others rotation, effectively halting the entire servers gear progression. And the proof for that can be seen on each of the overcrowded season channels. Even dead spots like fadus, which is the worst silver/h of all the time filled black stone spot btw. If you ask how i got the numbers for this i woke up at 4 AM in the morning and tested the spots each and everyone over 3 hours each. Granted this isnt the biggest sample size but i already have data from the regular loot tables and just tag the seasonal drops on top of the silver/h. Thats the conclusion you would have come to if you think through the consquences of a pure PvE channel in this game. And you dont even have to think 2 minutes to come to this.

#120 Ned Sheynji, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2020