1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season server and Hashashin worries

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by HowlCyphers, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ravare

Either way it wont matter. I'm just going to slap my exp gear set that I have had for years on the Hashashin and level him quick like every other class. Most people have been fast leveling new classes for years now.

2. HowlCyphers

oof so many angry comments.
    Not a veteran mind state.
    Not slow learn.

Not saying they should change it just seems like these catch up mechanics maybe shouldn't be right at the release of a new class.

I remember the days of old when it was a comitment to your character or class. Taking your time and enjoying the class at a steady pace as opposed to maxing it out in a few hours or so.

3. RandomHajile

I think having seasonal servers back to back is not a great idea. It might be a good biz model but I don't think it's healthy for the game. So all these people who are feeling geared, itching to play, what are they gonna do... start a new season oboy. Go onto the reg servers while everyone else starts a new season? ehhh.

Edit: Not if they're not in the same place, and not many people are mad at catch up mechanics imo; it's more imbalance at how far they have to go to 'catch up.' And that they only will FEEL like they caught up for a very short while. Then hundreds of hours of REAL GAME GRIND await.

IMO, I have been here for a short time, but I saw... guardian, suppressed event, oasis, afauru(always misspell that?), and now season. I think the season thing was probably the best idea, but it's still poorly done in a way. It's more of a grind than people think when you consider you have to get full pen basically. Or pay for cronnies one way or the other.

Maybe things were just new, but it doesn't seem like the game is on a good path atm. I remember buying value packs. I remember buying cooking tools.

Wodahs likes this.
  4. SvenDee

For me Blackstar Stuff is just pve content related... so...

5. Boink

You know you can choose not to participate, right?

6. SkullMonkey

1) There is no "Max Level" 0-61 is basically a tutorial on how to play the game
    2) most successions take 1600-2000 skill points and you might be around 1200-1400 after finishing the main quest and all those skill books and that's being generous. If you use training dummies at night you'll hit the 1400-1500 level.
    3) The Grind literally NEVER ENDS. AionJanis has been playing for 3 years pretty hard and he even doesn't have end game PvP gear. Maxed Tuvala gear is basically entry level grinding gear on the higher end grind spots.

So no it only devalues "The Grind" based on historical difficulty curves and goals but thinking those goals won't change and shift over time as an MMO evolves and changes over time is a very unrealistic thing to think. It would be one thing if gear and levels were capped and never changed but you can't do that in an MMO or it becomes fairly stagnant after a while. Players need long term goals and competition to keep playing in a PvP mmo.

Seasons are giving a large portion of the more casual playerbase a sporting chance to catch up and make decent silver so they can essentially START the end game gear grind and be able to effectively grind out enough silver to make decent progress. Even boosted Casual players will still progress significantly slower than the hard core players because they simply don't have as much time to play and hard core veteran players can take advantage of seasons for failstacks crons and other rewards to progress their accounts further as well. I DO think there needs to be some kind of XP linking mechanic for veteran players to keep progressing their main characters and maybe offer a way to Sell/Vendor Tuvala gear for a decent amount of silver at the end of the season. Also I feel like the season arsha PvP server should be active Day 1 at level 1 so it entices more veterans to participate for the dynamic "fresh start server" style open world PvP.

Ravare likes this.
  7. SkullMonkey

This upgrade is the "Dead God" armor upgrade they were referring to in another patch. there are 2 ways you can get Dead God armor. 1 method is the blackstar route the 2nd is to get PEN Normal Boss armor and get it to caphras level 10 which is an easier path to take.

I don't believe Dead God is bound gear. I know the database entry says "Market Price: N/A" but it also says that about blackstar armor and we know that can be sold so if that's your source then I think you're incorrect. In fact one of the ways it's been stated you can sell your converted Tuvala gear (which turns into TET boss gear which is family bound) is to enhance it to PEN and convert it to dead god... then it can be sold.

Also The reason why blackstar has a lot worse enhancing rates is because it's basically level 20 caphras at every enhancement level.... soooo you're saving a lot of time/silver in caphras and that cost has to be factored into those enhancement rates.

That being said I wouldn't mind a buff to the BS enhancement rates...

#27 SkullMonkey, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  8. Garrosh

agree 100% old veterans salty

9. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

you can sell dead god armor, +6 is 1.75t on kr

10. Allan1985

do you have a source you can share?

11. Yyiara

What I see, when reading most of this is~
    "I don't want people to catch up to me too fast because I want them to suffer as much as I did and take 4 years to catch up just to pvp
    a few hours a day, even though the game is a pvp game. I want to put my foot in their butt for 4 years before they even are stronger."

and also

"Pve on a pve server lessens the value of the grind because they don't appreciate it on a PVE server that is more PVE over PVP"

Ok, 1.) A lot of new players, before season came, would not stick around. Reasons is because a lot of Veterans and people with decent gear made it harder for new players. With your better gear, you'd kill anyone that was in your way. The community will mock people, tell them to suck it up, get good and ect. That's very stand-off like to new players. They're not able to fight back and it would be a relatively long time before they got gear and made progress. There are those that will help, sometimes, but I've seen more people act plain out rude. So you have a community full of arseholes, ((some that are good arseholes that will help so excluding those arsehats)) that want to make it harder for you. At least in season you can explorer more freely, on your own, and the jerks that are already ahead of you can complain but complain without being able to harm you. You can also take more time within the season time allowance to figure things out, instead of having to rush and look over your shoulder. Season is like a testing ground and a progression ground. You're not going to get PK'd, bullied and targeted for being weak on there by some CHAD in a bikini flexing his junk around and telling you to look at his armor.

2.) Pvers, pve and find the value of grinding to be better over PVP. More time you're pveing to a pver is more money. How is the value of the grind lesson for a PVE server where all you're doing is mainly grinding? They see you get loot, money, exp, skill points and anger issues, when someone gets into your spot. You know how much you want to kill a person for impeding into your money grounds, season has taught people "This is what happens in regular servers and you'd have to defend your spot from this, when you go." how is this devaluing a spot? If anything it is making it more valuable because areas are taken away from you easily. When you find a good spot, you're going to be more satisfied and maybe stay for a long as possible and try to intimidate people trying to come in by killing enemies faster than they can.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  12. Khondo

The only people who would have issues with seasons running all year round, are those PVP players who like a quick easy kill. Me as a life skill based player, love the seasons. Lets me do 90% what I want to do on a PVE based server in a NON PVP war guild.

Yyiara likes this.
  13. Tolmos

4 years ago my friends and I tried to play this game, and the progression was so miserably slow and unrewarding that we all ended up quitting. 3 months ago we returned, and thanks to the seasonal servers and the new progression we have been having an absolute blast.

As a returning player who came to the game with new players: we love the progression, and it only took us this long to come back because we thought the game was still the same way it used to be. And seeing how many people play the game now, and how amazing the reviews look today vs back then? I'd say the sentiment seems to be shared by quite a few people.

Yyiara likes this.
  14. Vortexii

When you get a chance to peek behind the curtain you won't like what you see. Pearl Abyss put a big curtain in front of your face with pretty pictures of a fantasy land. Lets call it OZ ;) But once that curtain is pulled back you are in for a horrific sight.

Of course everything looks good. The illusion is working well. Everyone crammed into a few servers giving the impression of a lively game. Progression that seems reasonable and quick leveling. Then what? Then the entire game comes to a halt. The leveling becomes impossible, the REAL enchanting becomes horrible Pay2Win garbage and everything you thought you liked about the game disappears.

Sorry, but I thought you should know THE TRUTH.

15. Vortexii

The source is that direct quote which was posted in the update.

"Blackstar armor can be enhanced to PEN and then reformed with a Quest to go BEYOND Pen BUT (CHAR)BOUND and get + 5 additional upgrade levels."

16. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Fallen God's Armor IS NOT CHARACTER BOUND! How often do you want to repeat that lie?

17. Vortexii

I hope it isn't but that's not "a lie". Those are not my words, they are a quote from an update posted on these forums. Which I have asked for a clarification for in other posts.

https://community.blackdesertonline...ande-dslayer-upgrades-bstar-armor-pen.519773/

New Blackstar Armor:
    -Same enchantment system as Blackstar Weapon after Pen something new.
    -Obtainable during a New Quest Chain.

Blackstar armor can be enhanced to PEN and then reformed with a Quest to go BEYOND Pen BUT (CHAR)BOUND and get + 5 additional upgrade levels.

18. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Id recommend you dont quote posts from other users instead of trying to look up your own sources. Alterist is right, dead god is not char bound. It can be registered and sold on the central market, and has already been sold too, on both Glabs as well as on KR. So there is no need to doubt this any more.

19. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

You haven't asked for clarification even once. You took that information and used it to shitpost, not caring if it is right or wrong, because that's all you've done for years.

A quick search for "Vortexii" and "bound" reveals:
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked. ***go back here later***
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked.
    No questions asked.

Or were the following supposed to be your so called "clarifications"?
    This is the same post in which you @Alterist'd me (4th out of the 9 quotes), in response to me pointed out that it isn't character bound, something that should've rang a bell as you now had conflicting informations. Yet all you've done is repeating this information to trash the game, as per usual.

With how often you tell others to educate themselves it apparently is / was too difficult to ask even once: "Will Fallen God's Armor be character bound?" or to do a simple google search as that also shows various screenshots / enhancement videos where the market price was clearly visible. But I guess you didn't had 2 seconds to Google it yourself.

Smileybones likes this.
  20. Vortexii

That's your own bias and personal prejudice preventing you from seeing the truth.
    If you actually read the statement clearly you will see how masterfully they are written.

"It sounds like the new gear won't even allow you to buy it off the market as it may be character bound"
    This statement is perfectly written to not assert that the armor is Character Bound, but instead has the caveat "it sounds like" (based upon the written text which was referenced).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If this Armor and (questionably Fallen God Armor) implements a CHAR BOUND status that sounds like it may not be able to be placed on the market?"
    Lets be honest here. That's a direct questioning. Again, not asserting a definitive answer, but respectfully questioning the stated text in the update which appears to not be written chance, but thoroughly detailing it. (which wasn't removed).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A lot of it has to do with this
    "Blackstar armor can be enhanced to PEN and then reformed with a Quest to go BEYOND Pen BUT (CHAR)BOUND and get + 5 additional upgrade levels."
    • Char Bound (I didn't see this clarified anywhere yet), but a few have mentioned it. This sounds like the new end game gear may NOT be list able on the market place. This could potentially include Fallen God Armor as well as it appears to have the same system."
    Perfect! Flawless Victory

@Alterist
    "You haven't asked for clarification even once."

I stated specifically "I didn't see this clarified anywhere yet". You even used it as your own example. This example literally contains the word clarification. You also took it out of context. You lied about it. It was directly in response to someone asking where does this information come from. In which case I re-posted the exact content. That re-post in which you consider it "sht posting". Because you bias and unable to read the text in the context it was written.