1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season server huge trap

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Exposed, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Exposed

Yes season servers are crowded and unplayable but everyone is missing the point.

Season is supposed to help player just starting out? WRONG, it's there just to bait them.
    I've recently come back to the game and season server so far have been an extreme disappointement.
    Lets break it down.
    You have 2 choices
    1) play on season, grind in overcrowded spot with little ap for very low money + blackstone to enhance tuvala
    2) log into normal server, get the equivalent of tet tuvala FOR FREE JUST BY TALKING TO THE OASIS VENDOR, log ur seasonal to abuse login rewards aand get free stack, grind on empty servers.

So lets admit PA made a huge mistake wtih seasonal and any competent dev would have had enough common sense to understand that giving HUGE benefits for veteran players isnt a good idea to make a fresh start server to appeal to returning/new players.

This also hit hard becuase it goes to show PA philosophy is GIVE TONS OF FREE STUFF TO KEEP THE ADDICTS GOING
    Why the hell is this game just based on events? on gibs? they just gave a insane amount of failstacks. they give their usual box every month that tank prices, more boxes that tank jin prices etc.. Who thinks of this? arent they able to make an economy that is selfustained and not based on handouts? no they are not.

As it stand now this season server is just another "event", login, do your daily, do your weekly, get some free stuff for ur main at end of the season, maybe some pen tuvalas as backup, or maybe just failstack for endgame players.

why not just make an actual fresh start server with pvp and node wars that merges with normal server at the end? actual real gear, no daily handouts, no weekly ********, no free gibs, bdo experience with enhance loot to help out new players or give a challenge to veteran players that are not delusional enough to think running around as a 640 gs succ wizard is the epitome of skill.

SSIJ, Joungf and Jinoro like this.
  2. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I am thinking the sole purpose of the seasonal servers is to get people to use the cron stones that they have accumulated over the years from all the freebies and to indoctrinate newer players into melting costumes to get more.

3. MADE

I though it's purpose is selling season passes.

Jena and Jinoro like this.
  4. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Maybe both but cron melting is ongoing the season pass is only a one time thing. Costumes also cost more than the season pass.

Jinoro likes this.
  5. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Idk whats the point here. Its lasting over two months. For a few ok rewards. And its sooooo easy. After a week im lready 60 with 1350sp and 5 pen items... and i just played him aside my main , far from tryharding....

6. Khondo

It's just another playstyle choice in a game that already has numerous playstyle choices.

If your the type of person who likes to be told what to do.... BDO is not for you.

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  7. Exposed

What was i not clear about? that's not the issue, the issue is that season server is worthless for progressing your character unless used as a pseudo event for free gibs instead of an actual server to experience bdo early growth.

Fearless V, Life2v and Jinoro like this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You were clear. He just trolls the forums and posts that in peoples threads.
    No matter what you typed, if it isnt praise about BDO, then in his mind its the wrong game for you.

Fearless V, Stres, ODB3698 and 3 others like this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

So, if I understood correctly, the basis of discontent was that it was not an "actual new server fresh start" versus a "simulated one".

It's a legit complaint. My guild master made the same one.

To have a complete fresh start new server, they would have had to lease a new server from the data center, due to the infrastructure of how our mega server is setup. (One server, multiple channels) - needless to say this would have been very costly for a short term contract.

Said complaint also dives into seasonal characters having access to your accounts quest gear, silver, mounts, guild funds, etc. An inherent problem of the above mentioned.

Merging servers is never easy, and a lot can go wrong during the process. One of the big hurdles in that would have been duplicate family, character and guild names. Rectifying all of that would have cost additional payroll for a budget that has already been stretched thin as more budget was allocated to support staff due to the current issues at hand from working at home.

Your complaint is valid and justified, but unfortunately unavoidable. The best that can be had in this scenario is to enjoy the boosted character progression, extra gear set for an alt, increased opportunity to snag new guild members and increased community population, perhaps a livelier nodewar scene after the seasons over.....and of course all the free gibs.....

If itI hadt to throw my own negative view to the matter, I should think that it would have been better to have waited for the Hashashin class to release, and had season server I'm tandem with the new class....

10. Khondo

Well for me so far it has given me a full PEN set of gear to grind in PVE peace. Once the season is over I will convert that set over to my Shai who is world/rift boss toon. It will continue to give me enhancing materials to allow the building of further failstacks very cheaply. For the small sum of 2200 pearls, it gave me 2 maids, and pet, and numerous drop scrolls, plus many more. Yeah, so for me, seasons have been a great experience and it.
    is only week 2.

Like I said, it is a choice. If you can't make it work for you then that is your problem. Just don't assume that everyone will be the same as you.

Jena likes this.
  11. Khondo

Big LOL, same could be said for 99% of your posts.

12. LightningFFXIII-4

Seasonal server is there so you would be enticed to buy weights costumes ETC for that seasonal character all over again lol. It's a Korean MMO. Use your head lol.

KhaosThanathan, Fearless V and MADE like this.
  13. Artorias_Dusk

I like the ton of free failstacks. 40 and 60 are sooo good. Hope to make 2 pen armors with them, because... 26bil each :/
    Besides that, I have a really hard time with enhancing the Tuvala gear. Fake %

14. Khondo

You mean boosted FS's, I have everything PEN in less than 2 weeks. and enough stones left over to make more FS's cheaply.

15. Rhailex

There will always be new players
    There will always be returning players
    There will always be rerolling players

For them, season is good, they can catch up by a lot and it makes a refreshing change in bdo.
    When it comes to sales, yes, any feature they add has to be weighted against how much income they get from it.
    We're getting new classes, new regions, other content. Why would they make season servers if it didn't profit them? If you like the season character you played and decide to main that, be welcome to. It's the person who chooses to buy weight limits and inv slots.

On the other hand, if you're a person with many alts that you play actively, you should be smart enough to invest in storage slots & storage maids instead, as those two are worth much more because of how much functionality it gives than inv slots on one character.

16. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Shai 62

This very much. My season character feels wasted.

17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Yes you do but the people the server was meant to help do not.

KhaosThanathan and Fearless V like this.
  18. Deyric

Not even close to factual.

Sounds more like just an old timer player pissed people are being allowed to catch up easier.

19. Deyric

When was this ever advertised as a fresh start server?

20. Ben Phoenix

Big LOL no, he can reason and argue, his posts have a point, you simply copy and paste your silly "go play another game" no matter what the post is about. You gotta be kidding me XD

Joungf, LucidKill, Kynreaa and 3 others like this.