1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Servers brought me back to BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Edegia, Jun 21, 2020.

1. woots

Ofc, overpopulation is an issue, that's why i said in that topic that they should have tweaked tons of others spot value to welcome more player as that seasonal is a particular situation ( because faster progression, more limited powercreep etc )

that seasonal is miles away to be fine for many things, exactly like their "regular" games.

But, one of the point i'am pleased with is to see that flag usage toxicity freaking out despite that still clunky pve situation.

Well, its not really there as its only a seasonal to hook new players by hidding the bad and the ugly ( lets be real there ), kinda.

Well, they adress nothing to no one tho, they only adress their greed need since years, as much as i avoid the pvp side for reasons i stated tons of time, it doesnt seem to me they either adress pvp need.
    Like they doesnt really adress any pve need ( yeah they kinda try do whatever additional spawn at somes high end spot, but lets be honest, that's lazy )

After all depend what they do with the seasonal "data", i dont have high hope as its PA, but well.

never said i will cry going back to regular channel, i deal with toxic flag user since a lot of time now, as for that very cheap bait with the "beeing fed to mobs"
    Unless you are dumb, there is easy way to get ride of thoses trying that, and in the end still make them the "looser" of that pathetic "griefing game".

Now, considering how you are toxic in 5lines, it only confort my wish to see pve channel come around to get ride of players like "you", as they will just keep live their toxic BDO life in their "owpvp channel"

#41 woots, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

As long as players can buy gear to make them GODMODE to myself, there is not reason for me to even bother fighting them. It would be a oxymoron for me to try. So unless you can separate the P2W users from users like myself. PvP in this game will always be the last thing on my mind, when I play BDO.

They do need to buff other spots to be viable and add low to medium GS Party spots. But that won't happen as long as they just chase $$$ at the expense of the gamer experience.

MoonDance17, woots and Kynreaa like this.
  3. Éternel

It's nice seeing people actually playing the game rather than it being towns full of AFK characters. While some areas have been obviously crowded, I think a lot of that will die down once more people hit level 61. I also noticed that other channels have been more barren, but I guess that is to be expected. Regardless, seasonal servers gave me an excuse to finally play wizard, and get rewarded for doing so.

Eyal, MoonDance17 and Souda like this.
  4. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I don't have a problem with overcrowding on the seasonal servers you know. I have not made a seasonal character. The problem is still the fact that the servers are crowded. Just look when you log in. All seasonal servers are crowded. Now ask yourself how long has it been since you saw any server except Olvia after the game is offered free being crowded. Math is required lol.

5. Vortexii

At no place at all did you suggest any meaningful way to alleviate that problem. You see Pearl Abyss doesn't want the PVPers or their proposed solution. The only thing they have to offer is trying to drive players away from "their spots" all over the map. The most rewarding areas in the game. Pearl Abyss doesn't want this and neither does Kakao. In fact they despise it so much they are willing to publicly LIE ABOUT IT in promoting the game.

You have NOTHING to offer.

6. Ahri-

You do realize most of their income comes from the PvPers desire to get stronger and have a "convinient" or totally p2w progression right? In other words they don't give a **** about the casuals that don't spend much, 20 of you isn't even worth a dolphin not even going into whales. The only thing that seasonal is good for is giving you 2018 softcap gear then dropping you 3 months later in real servers where you're going to get "abused" by dirty PvPers and either drop the game or speed up your progression with spending pearls or spend countless hours playing catch-up.

TucoRamires and Fearless V like this.
  7. Vortexii

Your stats are just amazing. They seem so clear and unbias. So accurate, good job.

Meanwhile all Seasonal Servers are packed without any PVP enabled lol.

I never heard of a case of anyone spending money on a game without PVP. ;)

PS: You're top clans progress via exploits not cash shop :)

8. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Your choices, your reasons.

The problem is that BDO can't deal with too many players in the same spot because of its mechanics. Maths not needed. We need better mechanics and reworked spots, not more channels.

"Meanwhile all Seasonal Servers are packed without any PVP enabled lol." => that's called bribery, you need to go there if you want to enhance Tuvala.

While the sentence in itself is right, suggesting a link with pvp is the most obvious bias.

9. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

Season content brought me back as well; it's by far one of the best things to happen to this game, as it pretty much becomes a gear progression supplement to our main characters on the normal servers.

Complete the season challenges and get a free Pen Accessory, and that's not nothing. :) I really hope they lean into the Season content stuff going forward; because i absolutely love this.

Eyal likes this.
  10. Vortexii

The only thing entertaining about PVP is watching people response as they are shocked they are still 1 shot by a Guardian after PVP updates and think "When will this get fixed" lol............. like NEVER ROFL.

11. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I honestly haven't found BDO's PvP entertaining since mid 2018. And PA plans to make it even worst with Dead God's armor. So it's pretty much going to turn into ""Do Not Apply For PvP In BDO If You Are Not A Whale". Kinda defeats the whole purpose of playing a game, in my opinion. Might as well be fighting someone that is running a cheat engine.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. IWalkAlone

I wonder why I find BDO pvp fun?Whats wrong with me?Or maybe some people are just bad at it ;)

13. Vortexii

There is an opposing side to that which is equally as bad. It also single handedly destroys the entire premise of PVP in the game. There has been plenty of testing on the Global Labs to find out if survival is possible. The results end up with certain AP ranges just 1 Comboing anyone.

That literally means once you reach the threshold nothing matters. This also ONLY accounts for 1v1. So essentially all gear past that point is absolutely useless for nearly all PVP situations.

So "if you only play the game or Whale for an advantage in PVP" you get nothing.

However, this does still create more critical problems. If you don't meet that threshold, LOL GIT WRECKED.

14. Jena

I agree. I have been enjoying it very much. Even if it is crowded, I don't have to worry and can enjoy my grinding. PVE servers would work great for me at all times.

Eyal and MoonDance17 like this.
  15. Kalikanna

Seasonal servers have brought back my love from BDO that I once had in beta. I love the overall game but the stress of someone constantly trying to pvp me while I explored around, gathered, quested or grinded was just downright frustrating. The seasonal servers aren't without faults but their manageable at their current state. We definitely need more seasonal channels, that I do not disagree with, however I would rather be annoyed with people being somewhere grinding than walking into a place with low AP and getting camped by someone who could one shot the mobs.

Jena, Eyal, Khondo and 2 others like this.
  16. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

BDO is not a "PvP game"....it is one of the closest things you can get to a sandbox MMORPG. While not fully a sandbox, the game has aspects unlike other traditional "themepark" MMORPG's, borrowing many sandbox aspects like being able to choose how exactly to progress. Basically, the game is way more than just PvP, though PvP shines bright here with BDO's combat system. That said, I'm having fun in the seasonal server, though I'm in it mostly for the PEN Capotia Ring.

Kalikanna likes this.
  17. Vortexii

I have played a few phenomenal games with long lasting progression and some of the techniques used today are simply amazing. This can be in Idle games, Mobile, PC, Console, or just browser games.

The key is that a well built system leaves you progressing daily for many months or years. Sadly, BDO today is absolutely horrible at that. The leveling is completely jank and so is end game gear. It's sad to see so much wasted potential on these progression systems while basic indie games are even doing so much better.

18. Lurea

PvP is hardly a real problem if you ask me. Sure you get some. But if they kill you 3 times there karma is just to low to do it again. Where on the season servers ppl just take your rotation and stay there. Because what are you gone do. O wait, DECLAIR WAR. See how safe your season server really is?

19. Boink

I found a reason to level up my Seasonal Character farming those hard to get potion parts still 0 btw. Also, the good perks regarding gearing because I'm an altholic.

Invest on corrupted crystals coz there is no PvP and no risk EZ farm.

20. Cosmic Soul

Sounds like your in denial to me this does not mean anything when other pvp games are coming out, all they have to do is turn it around into a more of a pve game, they have their battle arena like game now anyways, once that is doing well you may see that change. I swear the same people on here always make these claims in the most toxic ways proving their own insecurities every single time.