1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasonal Characters + Gear Explanation .

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kharognar, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Kharognar

So if we get a full pen Seasonal character @ the end of the season then we have that character turned into a normal one and we get a Grade lower on the mentioned gear . But that gear is not Family Bound and we shall be given 2 Coupons ( One Weapon and One Armor ) which are going to allow us to turn a chosen part of that gear into Family bound Boss gear ( Aka Allowing us to transfer it between our Family Toons ) . The rest of the gear will be useless unless you wish to play a character with non enhanced gear practically Like Oasis which wont be able to have caphras on top of that . So to end the question . ARE WE GETTING ONLY 1 WEAPON / ARMOR BEING FAMILY SHARED ALONG WITH THE PEN CAPOTIA FROM THE 40 DAILIES which are worth obtaining ? @Andaro

2. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Hello there :) Just checking in, lets see if we can get this sorted a bit:
    You can get one complete set of tuvala gear, that, after the season, can be used by every character. So one pair of boots, one pair of gloves, one mainhand etc. It will always be the one with the highest enhancement level. The weapon will be the weapon that your current season character uses (so if you have a ranger, but had a pen tuvala on an archer before, you will keep the Rangers Weapons, not the Archers).
    Other than that set, all other tuvala gear you had will be deleted after the season.
    Out of that set you kept, you can use the graduation certificate on one item (or two in the case of earrings and rings, as both can be turned at once for each) in order to change the tuvala gear into the Yellow Grade Gear it is equivalent to. This piece of equipment can still be enhanced, and you can use caphras on it like "normal" gear, but it is family bound and cannot be sold.
    The rest of the tuvala gear becomes unenhanceable after the season ends.
    Additionally to the tuvala set, you can also obtain a Pen Capotia Earring or Ring, plus a 100 valks stack from the 40 dailies.
    So in the end, in case you made it all the way to full pen tuvala gear at the end of the season, you will be left with Tet Dim, Tet Muskans, Tet Bhegs, Tet Giath, Tet Kzarka, Tet Kutum and Tet Dandelion, plus Tri Ogre, Tri Cresc x2, Tri Basilik Belt and Tri Narc x2 (correct me on the earrings if I'm wrong please). Plus of course the tet Cresc or Tet Narc-equivalent Pen Capotia.
    This gear is much better than the oasis gear, which is all around tri equipment, and does not include accessories at all. Yes it cannot be enhanced, and for a veteran player, other than the pen capotia it may not be of use on the main character, but its still good gear that you can use on alts or as backup when pen attempts fail.
    For a newer player, its a much faster way to level and get good gear than before, at least if they dont "No-Life" for 2 months in order to get that gear.
    So personally, I dont think its completely useless. Its a nice way to have fun and maybe check out a new class, even for a veteran player, and its helpful for newbies that want to cut their time to progress a bit shorter.
    As a last note, be aware that not all content is "targeted" at veteran players. We get a lot of content from for example the new regions. New grinding spots, new Equipment (Dead God yay), Garmoth Questline etc. Let the newer players have something for them too. Not everything needs to have PROGRESS as a main target. This is a game. Sometimes its ok to just have fun. If thats not what you play the game for, then you are not forced to play season servers, as you wont be missing out on "crucial" items after all.

I hope this wall of text is able to help you. Let me know if theres anything else :)

Eireochd, Ofeamoten, willsaf and 3 others like this.
  3. NoobGamersBerlin

@Andaro Are you sure the certificate can be used on Accessories as well?

4. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Im not Andaro, but yes it can.

5. NoobGamersBerlin

Well sorry for that @Minarya ;) Thx for the reply thou.

Minarya likes this.
  6. Platinia

If Seasons Server are not allways full and all Grindspot crowed it would be a nice Event ....

Jinoro likes this.
  7. phelpsrj1978

phelpsrj1978 Werbs 49 NA

You just made a boss alt. Park it at Garmoth and you never have to worry about running there again. Since you can't sell it, no reason to use the coupons.

8. Comrade

@Minarya would you happen to know if, for instance, i convert my pen armor to a tet dim tree, get it to pen and C10, would i be able to exchange it for dead god?

9. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

That is a thing that PA is working on implementing.

10. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Yes pretty sure you can imo. But I mean... season has never been over before, so no one could try yet.

11. Artorias_Dusk

Sorry, I am stupid sometimes. So we can chose 1 Item and turn it into its Boss equivalent(For me Pen Tuvala Awakening into a Tet Dande) and the rest of the Tuvala gear stays Tuvala?

12. Minarya

Minarya DarkKnight 63 EU
    Ambassador

Yes, but as I said. Only one piece stays for each slot (one helmet, one mainhand etc) and it will become family bound and wearable by "normal" characters too

13. Kharognar

There must be a catch tho . This is legit like stabbing your Veteran playerbase at the nuts ... Some peeps suffered for those enhancements . They didnt get them for free by grinding 1 hour per day on pve servers ...

14. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Most veteran players are well beyond the 580 GS area. At least on NA 600 GS+ for T2 Node War is starting to become the norm these days.

15. asdsadfas

Yea, I don't know of any veterans getting mad that more people are getting free gear. If anything, it's the people that are entering mid game that's mad, but with every catch up mechanic someone gets mad I guess.

16. Kharognar

So wait . Just because plebs are bored to grind and cry around it means that they should get Softcap gear for free ?

17. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I didn't say anything of the sort. Please stop twisting my words. In my opinion most of those bored to grind plebs no longer play BDO.

18. Astriaj

If you “suffered” for your gear, you need to reassess what you’re doing with your free time.

It’s a game. The point is to have fun. Like watching your favorite movie.

#18 Astriaj, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  19. Ben Phoenix

Fun? In a Korean MMO? Hahahaha ;P

I wish it was a thing.

20. Astriaj

Yeah... BDO is designed to make players hate one another. It’s profitable for the company, but it’s an awful feeling for a lot of players.

I had fun today actually talking to new people who grouped up with my guild to grind.
    We all knew we were getting less loot. Less combat XP. Less skill points.

But I’m so tired of being coerced to hate or fear other players on sight.

A single player game... you’re alone.
    BDO is like playing a single player game, but someone can invade it and make it unplayable.

Can you imagine trying to play Skyrim and you’re forced to close your game and try again later because a bunch of random people are making your quests impossible to complete? That’s BDO’s design.

It’s horrendous.

I’m here because the combat animations are amazing to look at, and the combos are fun. I also want to enjoy the beauty of an online world with PEOPLE. I don’t understand why BDO is so against friends playing together.

It’s a very toxic game by design. If you want to make friends and group up, you have you take a hit to your progression.

This is the only MMORPG where current players don’t want the game to have a healthy population. The less players, the more chances you’ll be able to endlessly grind mobs by yourself.

All alone.

Isolated.

Never having to interact with another player.

Why do people want this?

Eireochd, Jena, Fateneko and 2 others like this.