1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Balancing Survey!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Greeniewolf, May 14, 2019.

1. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

This is a followup to our previous survey with more questions, more depth and more opportunities for input. Please help us out by going to https://tinyurl.com/y2fo9myx and filling out the survey. Thank you!

2. Swift

Under the mark "How often do you play the class?", if it's anything less than Never/Once a month you shouldn't even be able to see the entries for the other options. People who have never touched a class and people under 500 GS with a class should not have a say in public surveys when it comes to class balancing. Most know nothing about the class and just want to buff it into oblivion because they got their ass handed to them.

We're talking about class balancing, which implies you should have a fair bit of experience with any class you voice your opinion on, up to the point of being nodewar status. "But it's a public survey and casual players matter too" yeah, sure; not to be rude but these are the reasons why data gets skewed. Because you have people with 450 GS who think that since Gahaz is in their AP range that they should be able to free-range PvP any class that comes in there, and want the entire game oriented around their idea of balancing (aka Mystics in 2018 when they thought it was perfectly natural that they should be able to 1v5 people above 30 GS than them)

Also, once again: Public surveys serve nothing.
    It's just a place for people to spread their egos and complain about how awful their class is in pvp so that when they lose a 1v1 they can cry and say "Well you're just a xxxxx class and that's the only reason why you beat me"

3. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

Agreed with the above - please allow us to select "Never" and then grey out all those questions - I'm a 90% Valk and 10% DK and have never played Ranger so you do not want to know my opinion on that class :D

Josh28, Phoenixxx75 and levinano like this.
  4. Catastigma

We cannot balanced the game by Classe change...
    The hole gameplay mechanic is to change, the fast-paced/fps advantage, input with the desync that create these possiblity make the game completly irrevelant.

Before fix classe, we must fix the game itself...

The Uncap fps advantage.
    The game have to be slow down for better readability, actualy we die in less that 0.5 sec most of the time. some classe are able to doing 3 skill in less that 1 sec, making readability of thier skill set impossible.

Its basicly, Spamming every skill on good rotation the much fast possible and pray for CC sucess and use your finisher.

We cannot inspect to people to be less class canon, if we cannot have a proper DP item too.

Where is the Yellow Necklace Damage reduction/evasion ? Where is the DR belt ? Where is the DR/ ?
    Where is the DR crystal for weapon ?

All new jewel are basicly hybrid useless jewel or AP jewel with 1 Additional AP....

Work on classe balance before all these points its pointless. its will just create more one shot festival or give to a classe *THE ADVANTAGE* that will make it completly broken.

A simple Super-armor or even a forward guard on Terra sancta for Valkyrie, and valk become a god tier classe...

So when i see 3 i-frame for Plum.. already a classe with tamer with the highes burst of the universe... both with 270 ap dont need a knockdown for killing any, a simple stun(stiff is enough generaly) + back attack +1 high damage skill = dead.

#4 Catastigma, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. Swift

I agree, when we fix the game - the class balance will have shifted. Makes more sense to see how the meta shifts when we actually implement these changes than spending time balancing before these changes.

easay9 likes this.
  6. TeRRoRibleOne

1v1 is highly skill based, the ones who complain the most don't know how to adapt and keep throwing the same combo expecting something to change.

oR-Bishop likes this.
  7. Asterotis

I also agree with the "Never" option greying out the rest of the survey questions, I have no real say on these classes because I don't play them.

8. 2Cents

What if it was a class that was deemed the lowest tier 1v1 for years?

What if it was revealed that new classes got a magical damage reduction on top of everything else including a bunch of grabs?

What if massive complaints where issued upon release of said classes and a consensus it wasn't even worth trying?

Would you still need to play those specific classes to understand they where not balanced properly?
    Would you need a high GS to figure this out?

Did people have to play Zerker in the past to know chain grapple was a problem?
    Did they need to play sorc to know I-frame spam could be over used?
    Did they need to play Ninja to know how cheesy block jump and invisibility are?

9. Dexo 2

Pre renown cc changes, pvp system was the best and the game was thriving, servers were crowded, people actually enjoyed pvping. Sure some classes needed some toning down like war/valk lsa, mystic perma cc's and etc. But skill mattered alot more than rng ccs/ressits.

Thelemna and Asterotis like this.
  10. Vanadiel

While I admire your dedication, It is really PA/Kakao who should be doing these kind of surveys, to see what their customers really want.
    It's a shame they will never send us all a survey.

flukeSG1 likes this.
  11. Asterotis

They should be doing a lot of things, but they don't. They'd rather slap players with "Ambassador" roles (Which is actually being an unpaid intern) so that they don't have to lift a finger.

12. 2Cents

You might want to review your purchase history. A lot of people complaining are not voting correctly with their wallet. Are you sending the "right message"?

13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Except for the fact that theres real data supporting some of those questions.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

They actually did, not long ago.

15. Vanadiel

I have never received one?

flukeSG1 likes this.
  16. Vanadiel

I think I am, I have not purchased a thing since last year and I am not planning on changing that anytime soon.

Silowyi and Stodderkongen like this.
  17. cliveklg

Why would you have required questions to answer for classes people don't play?

Dannyswe1235 likes this.
  18. flukeSG1

A survey like this should be made by either Pearl Abyss or Kakao.

19. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 61 EU

Why did you make so you have to tick one off the boxes or write on most of the questions in the survey?please change it. If I'm going to answer it I will just write random text and tick the boxes randomly on the classes I don't know anything about

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

The survey required you to be an active player watching official website news and getting off your ass clicking the survey link, that's why.

The point, obviously, is that they did a survey recently.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.