1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Book of Old Moon

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lenerlink, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Xeniph

I don't see a problem here.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. But that's not the issue is it?

The issue for folks that complain about P2W is that others can/will buy it. Stop caring what other people have/get. Life isn't fair and nor should it be.

I personally don't spend in the pearl shop, but I don't think that should have any bearing on another's ability to do so.
    I think if someone wants to drop their cash on a hobby they enjoy, more power to them. And P2W starts long before any of us log in, with over the top hardware, 166hz monitors, macro enabled peripherals and last but not least internet connections.

Next we will see folks complaining and calling for hardware and connectivity equality.

2. Lenerlink

Theres a differences when it comes to spending money in a game because the stuff in it are is pretty nice and ones that are necessary. If this game was free to play... then sure I somewhat wouldnt mind some of the stuff in the cash shop. But it's not and how the implement it is the problem. There are many mechanisms in this game that would come basic in any other paid MMO that you would have to...buy...in this game. I've had this same argument with people about Archeage but like always there are those who say do nothing and keep your mouth shut is the right thing to do. But there will come a time where the inch becomes a mile and the devs endgame for this game in 1-2 years becomes a cash grab. But but hey saying nothing and doing nothing has always worked out in the end right? Lot of examples right?

Ludakriss and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. Claydough

Ill be saving money, so it cant be that much of a money grab

Naho likes this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

They already have.
    The only problem I have with this new subscription is for the people that do not regularly buy all these items but want to maybe just get a life skill buff for a short time. Now they have to spend more because they can no longer buy a single item as in the past. They are forced to buy a bundle.

5. Columba

Criminal??!! Hahahahahahahahaha. You know , no one is FORCING you to buy it!

No, you don’t have to tip, lol

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

They are if you only want one of the items in the bundle. You are forced to buy all and pay for all.

7. Ateena

I lost the count how many subscriptions we have already.

8. Columba

Want, though. You can choose to buy nothing...

9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No that is incorrect because by removing the ability to buy each item singly they are forcing you to either pay for more than you want to buy or to buy nothing at all. The bundles are fine but they should have left the single items to be purchased as well.
    Ps I will never buy any of these items either singly or bundled because they are entirely unnecessary.

10. Allan1985

thats the problem with greed, it knows no boundaries.

at least 3:

1.- Value Pack
    2.- Kamasylve Blessing
    3.- Old Moon Book (this new addition)
    4.- incoming

and you can also choose to live under a bridge, do you do so?

Ludakriss and BraveHeart like this.
  11. Shigareiku

idk guys, seems to me like it's not working, i meant these 50% life exp. XP feels like yesterday.
    They could just add a villa somewhere in kama, but this is just another monthly bill for ppl who already spent on game more then 100$/month.

Attached Files:

12. LiquidEmotion

Tbh it doesn't even matter anymore. Everyone that has been playing since the early days has learned to just accept it or just quit. We tried to protest and complain to them but they ignored us. That's why I always tell people that if you are going to play BDO, don't take it seriously.

It is unfortunate. What this game could have been without such an aggressive cash shop.

Ludakriss, Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

See, now that would have been true, but the new item costs as much as a single book which is now just 1 part of the combined buff. So in essence you pay less for way more buffs compared to before. And lets be real, the pusher here is the 50% LS buff.

You are free to dislike the item as much as you want, but lets stay factual.

Columba likes this.
  14. LeCordonBleu

The ultimate p2w is actually straight up buying accounts. I'd like to see these people crying about that. Don't play MMORPG's if you don't like p2w. No matter how much you assist in drowning this world with your tears when sea levels are already rising, you can't stop p2w in MMORPG's. Case closed.

Do you expect BDO to operate on a welfare? Base game is $10 with that cost getting slashed to less than half for at least a third of the year. It's been 4 years since its release on the west and the game has been receiving constant updates to date. Wouldn't it be a little too lacking in conscience wanting to play a game like BDO for 4+ years with a $10 fee? WOW is $180 a year and has cash shop in-game as well, along with p2w features. Your complaints of entrance fee and ingame cash shop co-existing might seem persuasive at a quick glance, but in context, it's a complete nonsense.

*Below is not targeted at you

Seems like a lot of people lacking in conscience are wanting to play BDO year after year with only the entrance fee having been paid and are rising up in anger when other people more financially fortunate are supporting the game in their place as well. Ironic, because you should actually be thanking them for making game updates a reality, instead of crucifying them out of jealousy.

15. Chors

Imagine just having several "tiers" of value pack.

Tier 1 : 10e / monthly for weight, slots, merv`s palette and marketplace tax
    Tier 2 : 20e / Tier1 + Kama Blessing
    Tier 3 : 30e / Tier1+2+ Secret Book of Old moon

Im 100% sure they would sell way more of these but yea, they are too greedy to please wider spectrum of BDO population.

Its sounds bizzare that you can buy AAA game for 50-80e (like Battlefield) and enjoy it for 2-4+ years.

Ludakriss and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Vekkna

I'm just here to marvel at the sheer and boundless stupidity of this player base.

This book is a Combat book, Life book, Armstrong, and Cliff....for the price of just a Life book. Same bonuses, same duration, less than 1/3 the price of stacking the old buffs.

Seriously beginning to wonder if you people are even literate.

Xeniph likes this.
  17. Columba

I am not the one complaining.

18. Doom Smack

From my quick test atm I agree seems to be not working (life xp). Or not stacking with life book, one or the other. Anyone else tested?

19. Allan1985

you are, no one forces you to read the forums, yet you do it, and then you complaining about people complaining, so you are having the exact same attitude you criticize

notice that even with the book active you still need a tent to get the villa buffs rofl
    also notice the real monthly price of this new subscription is 25$ month since it only lasts 15 days

lol after lol with this devs

Ludakriss, Factorial, Kynreaa and 2 others like this.
  20. Columba

Lool. I didn’t complain about anything. I stated facts. No one forces you to purchase these.