1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Stability Update

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Praballo, Jun 16, 2017.

1. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Great question!
    Similar to something i've asked before, then learnt about when running other game servers.
    1 thing i can tell is KR mmo/online games in general have no ping delay allowances, Due to KR players within a range of 5-40ms ping, so no allowances are needed.
    But as we are in a range outside of KR of 20-170ms they are needed & not usually added, Final Fantasy XIV at release was a JP game that made this mistake then added a 200MS ping allowance (claimed by the FFXIV team, Personally i'd say its more like 150ms but this is just an example).

Also a factor is the "grid" of open world, needing to allow for damage on 1 grid crossing into another grid, causes delay & issues in game. 1 of the reasons why KD causes people to move around, constant issue in BDO that keeps popping up. makes me wonder about its coding for this.

This was bought up for Kakao to answer on the old forums & they never got back.
    I hope This time Kakao Takes the time to answer your question!

#101 prymortal, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Snake19D likes this.
  2. Stabby

FYI you guys didn't fix ****. The servers were at a crawl last night. Reason is the steam guys know they get the same XP on live servers so they're coming over on weekends.

ADD

MORE

SERVERS!!!!

3. Snowmobil

FIX THE LAG! STILL RUNS LIKE ****

4. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

adding more wont fix problem, should know that alrdy mate

5. GetReal

xx days later, game has become beyond unplayable, weekend = happy double times no exp because u cant play this game AT ALL

6. Ngeezy

Will we be compensated for this? Cuz this is ridiculous..

ODB3698 likes this.
  7. Helysae

Helysae Witch 62

When we'll you fix lag trouble??? We just can't play at game. Is that really normal to spend real money for some and cant play at the game?????
    Kakao doesnt really dont care about his community and their player

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. itsYashu

I am getting DC every 2 mins now in game and I am standing in PILA KU Jail with 100 hp, I dont wanna die because of this.... Please try to fix it so I can enjoy some weekend EXP, Right now I am too afraid to log back in , really dont wanna die for no reason.

9. JillValentime

JillValentime Valkyrie 61 EU

ONE MONTH OF LAGGING AND THE ONLY SOLUTION YOU GUYS FOUND IS TO WAIT THAT THE NUMBER OF PLAYER DECREASE.....

What a shame !
    You were OK to release the game on steam and make money with that; but 0 investment on the server after it.....
    You treat your customer like ****.

#109 JillValentime, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    ODB3698, Ludakriss and Snake19D like this.
  10. Snake19D

I wonder if I can just get a refund on everything I have put into this game. Clearly if you are not on a Korean sever no fuc****s given. They clearly aren't going to do anything about this and the wait for player to decrease answer.....WTF I all most launched my computer into orbit. Kako has given zero updates, proposed fixes, or even a timeline on what to expect. They just keep adding more discounts to get more players, special bonus, as long as they are making their cut they don't care.

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. Wandrim

The lag is one thing, but something that has never been addressed as far as I can tell is framerate issues in any areas with more than 30 people.

I started this game with a 690gtx, not a new card but some power. Had low frames, so I upgraded to a 1060, which didn;t really help. So then I get all out get a 1080ti. Surprisingly the framerate was no different than with the 1060t and presumably the 5 year old graphic card. So I look at my CPU, it is not being bottlenecked. Infact this game tends to utilize about 10-30% of my CPU/GPU at the very most even in populated areas.

Now I have scoured the bowels of the internet and even though this is a common issue possible everyone is dealing with there is no fix. It is simply how the game runs.

The frame rate difference between the absolute lowest settings possible to maxed out high end is absolutely nothing except the game looks like ****. It is very frustrating to have top end hardware, and be getting 10-20 fps in populated areas and see that a fraction of your computers total power is actually being used.

You could probably run this game just as well on a 10 year old PC as the most high end PC in the world and have little difference in framerate. The only difference is that the old hardware will be using most of its resources while the new one is using like 10% of what is available.

I have yet to find a game out there that doesnt run at high FPS on the highest settings. Except BDO, it runs like **** even on the lowest possible settings.

Ludakriss likes this.
  12. Snake19D

I never even thought about that. Very good discussion point for sure.

13. Wandrim

As far as I can tell even using less than 30% cpu/gpu resources the game will get 40-60 fps in unpopulated areas with 100's of NPC's. If this game did what it should by utilizing resources and didn't go to **** with people around I would get a minimum of 100-200fps with my hardware. As far as I can tell the biggest difference between this game and any others is that it actively encourages people to stay logged in and clustered in main cities and houses. I do not know if people in the instanced housing is calculated in but the are surely several hundred people out in an area like heidel at any given time and probably many more in houses.

What this game needs more than anything is some much better form of instancing city areas as well as the ability to force this game to use hardware effectively. Failing that anything that will make this game run better.

Snake19D likes this.
  14. RYnehawk

Really bad this weekend. Nothing has been fixed. Interacting with NPCs, looting from mobs, gathering....all nearly impossible in 2 minute burps every 5 or 10 minutes.

Been going on at least 2 hours now. Can you get your heads out of your asses and do something?

ODB3698, Ludakriss and Snake19D like this.
  15. Danniel

So when is this suppose to happen this game is at a point where its barely playable.
    Constant DC, lag, D-sync, low FPS.
    When are you going to address these issues I have sent tickets in asking why and all I get from you all is "we understand there is an issue we are looking into it please blah blah blah".
    Do you have any idea whats going to happen as people leave the Steam servers the congestion this is going to cause.
    I dont think so otherwise you would have addressed the fore mentioned issues prior to adding the cash cow that is Steam and its player base.
    Steam players already complaining about how bad the optimization of this game is.
    How the hell can a game use 50% of my pc memory unless it has a massive memory leak.
    I have search the forum for updates that you may have posted on forum on fixes you may have added but nothing I get more info from player base that is more helpful than your team.
    If you cant fix it then say "WE CANT FIX IT" maybe a player can help you.

RoakOriginal and Snake19D like this.
  16. AngelloAtheross

Dont worry, they ll add more costumes in da the shop :D

Snake19D likes this.
  17. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

Na Server SE2

Well lag after reset is so bad cannot do daily’s cannot talk to nps, cannot go to bank will not load up, cannot chop tree you can chop them 3 or 4 time nothing show up finally when it does cannot put in inventory ooo wait there it goes 20 sec after you R it. I been playing over a year and you had problem from day one and you keep adding more stuff and the lag get worse and worse to a point no one will be playing is that really what you want.

18. Snake19D

hahah, Don't forget the 40% off as well.

19. Hobbyist

This thread is complete nonsense. NA servers still reach levels of 4-5 second latency EVERY SINGLE EVENING.

20. JillValentime

JillValentime Valkyrie 61 EU

Farming sausan today : impossible to loot.
    The pet are waiting like us because it's lagging as hell.

Sometime i feel like i'm gathering minions : 20s crouch on the dead body of a sausan for get 1 ****ing loot.... GG guys; you definitly nailed it....

ODB3698 likes this.