1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Arena: Battle Royale - Feedback & Updates

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Azaleh

Can confirm crashes on EU,

didnt play for like 8 months to see you guys still adding half completed content and get alzheimers when it comes to add the other 50% of said content.

Thugarin likes this.
  2. Patch445

Anyone else having the issue where the Black Spirit just appears beside you while your in the blue circle and starts attacking you?

NannaOgg likes this.
  3. Sadalsuud

After many games as a tamer, I would suggest one this : rise the chances of getting Trample and Legendary Beast's Power skills... I barely saw them, and they're part of Tamer playstyle!

4. Xenephon34

after nearly 200 matches, server optimization needs improvement lots of crashes from people i've played with or heard from while playing and have experienced a few myself. desync can get bad from the flood of lag at times server side. protections vs speed hackers/desyncers needs improvement. disable cheer animations, and remove animation actions for picking up equipment or provide players with a single pet to pick stuff up for them. disable partying in solo mode as in many matches you have partied people running around in carry groups from what i've seen and experienced. skills repeat too many times without a benefit to getting the additional skill books, either a skill buff to a certain extent per book of the same type picked up or a causal effect where you will always get a different skill when picking up a skill book if you have the initial skill already would reduce this problem. all that said, the Shadow arena is a fun and reasonably profitable experience even if your luck in a match is bad so please work on optimization and improving the arena both with balancing and even more class variety.

#604 Xenephon34, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. Aeternum113

I'm not sure if this is a dsync issue as I don't play grab classes outside arena so I never experienced this, but opponents being grab immune literally all the time when I am pretty 100% sure they are outside their 5 second CC immunity window just renders a couple of classes useless in arena. Said classes have no protected CC skills so they entirely rely in landing grabs to deal dmg. Enemy player gets immune to your grab then run for your life until grab is off cd again, that is if you can survive the CC onslaught other classes have.

I have seen plenty of other players complaining about this in arena server chat so whether a bug or just dsync, please fix, there are already huge power gaps between classes so it just makes these grab reliant classes even worst when their only tool doesn't work.

6. Angar

SA skill books bug:
    1-Pick up a skill book from a chest or a mob.
    2-Skill name and icon will pop up somewhere on your screen and skill icon will become visible in the right-hotbar.
    3-Pick another skillbook:
    3a-If it is a new skill, that has not been learned step 2 happens again
    3b-If it is a skill that has already been learned, the skill on the right-hotbar will blink and reset its cooldown if it is on cooldown.
    3c-You dont get a skill and nor 3a or 3b happens. This, as was noted by a guild mate is a bug and happens multiple times per match leading in endgames with 2 or 3 skills.

@CM Yukimura

7. Cascaden

Generally I enjoy Shadow Arena. But I do miss the faster pacing of playing an awakened class. Maybe awakening weapons are something that will be added one day?

8. Veragon

3b (blinking) only happens if the skill is on cooldown. If the skill is ready and you loot the same skill, nothing happens

9. Veragon

I quite often miss my grabs by resistances or I grab him and he desyncs out of my grab and teleports a few meters away

10. Beavus

Seriously, why is service hours limited to 9 hours of game time during the week and 14 hours on the weekend. Make the game available for much longer period during the week, not all people play this game in NA and play weekends only. Using kama buffs just for this event and then limited to a 9 hour day (2-3 hours of actual game time where i'm from) is ridiculous.
    The Shadow Arena has 73 hours of actual uptime (if nothing goes wrong) and 95 hours of downtime each week, most people are buying kamayslvia buffs only for this shadow arena and they don't even get the chance to use it fully.

#610 Beavus, Feb 11, 2019
    DoctorPug and Thugarin like this.
  11. MoonDance17

Stop buying the Kama buffs.

12. NannaOgg

This is just lovely. Have 2 hrs of arena to play today and crash crash crash again

13. Adviser

Hey,

Can you please do something about hackers? Seriously, I just found two hackers today( llIXIII and Alphaforce). Just add some system where you can vote ban someone for cheating. This is your game, you should take care of it, not me. It feels like you guys dont care about it. When are you going to care? When there's no players left in the game?

14. Ben Phoenix

Don't name and shame, it's against the forum rules. Just and advice.

#614 Ben Phoenix, Feb 11, 2019
  15. Adviser

Hey Ben,

Why wouldnt I? Shame? Shame is what they do in Shadow Arena. I'm not gonna be politically correct, I'm not like that. I'm not judging or insulting anyone. There's no shame in truth-telling, there's no shame in mentioning those who ruin the game. I would never post names on forum if I was not sure about it.

GlitterBear and Angar like this.
  16. Ben Phoenix

I know, I get your point, I'm just saying it's against the forum rules, just an advice and nothing personal =)

You can always send a ticket, it's how they are supposed to handle this kind of issues.

#616 Ben Phoenix, Feb 11, 2019
    Adviser likes this.
  17. LilSquiggle

Can someone explain the design decision to remove the CC cap in Shadow Arena so that the classes with cc in their basic skills (you know, the ones they have before they even find a box, like Mystic kick that can be repeatedly cast) can literally perma cc you once they catch you. Five knock downs in a row. Theres a reason that was disabled in normal PvP because you cant counter it. Every time I was starting my stand up animation and pressing my dodge skills I was knocked down before they could occur. There is literally no counter play to that. Its disappointing and frustrating. I'm absolutely happy to be beaten by a better player (Im average at PvP at best), but to be beaten because you literally cannot escape the cc is just boring. It took the mystic about 20 seconds to kill me and during that entire time I could do nothing.

Also, feedback on a bug I just experienced. The entire UI vanished when I selected a sorc with my black spirit and the game went into the "screensaver mode" with the slightly coloured filters and moving camera angles. Eventually, after pressing ctrl U a few times I managed to get that to stop but the hotbars never returned and I couldnt open my inventory. Additionally, when I was eventually killed the menu did not appear. I had to wait until the game finished to be able to leave (I didnt want to alt+f4 as I had actually found 2 boss items whilst looting and I wanted the silver).

Attached Files:

Hexcodings likes this.
  18. LilSquiggle

Oh furthermore, while I appreciate the logic of adding in voice chat, please don't implement a tool that does not work properly. Muting mic in game should not mute the microphone in all of windows. Secondly, can the game please remember that I set headphone volume to 0 so I dont have ot do it every time. Thirdly, add a mute button for each so you dont have to drag the slider.

19. Crimdrac

I'm just going to say that Musa is still pretty OP. Went to 3rd place and would have probably gone further if Red Nose hadn't kept hitting me while trying to kill my next target.

20. DoctorPug

I would like to second this. The times are seriously inconvenient for those with night shifts or classes at night who cant make most of the available shadow arena time. Hoping for 24/7 opening to come soon.