1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Arena: Battle Royale - Feedback & Updates

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Dirtyzerg

give us an option to see peoples name when they clearly teaming in solo, too hard to see from kill feed and u wont get both of them anyway. just killed 1 but died to 2nd in a solo game mystic warrior teaming..no way to report it with shadow play running or something

2. Tomtorious

Shadow Arena being closed during node war has made it impossible for me to play it, since it is closed during the only hours I really have time to play. It also doesn't seem to open back up right when it's supposed to (exactly 2 hours later) which is even worse :(

3. Jexz

my mind is blown at the low number of hackers you have told us about. I think I have only come across three in my time playing SA. blatantly using increased attack speed hacks. Keep up the good work. I'd have expected to see more especially during a free game for 5 kills event.

4. NetherWinds

NetherWinds Netherwinds Ranger 60 EU

It was good if we could see the life of the other players when we are in shadow arena.
    This way we could also see if the player against who we played was using life hacks.

5. Jexz

No this is a bad idea. The game play would change for the worse

6. Angar

Everyone has been ****ing asking you for nerfs, and what you do?
    Buff mystic/ striker and no nerfs.
    ****ing great work champs.

Souda likes this.
  7. Hasidim

Balance classes please,
    Warrior's damage output is too big considering what they can do to classes that does not have block nor grab (ninja, maehwa, musa, etc). They literally can't do anything against a Spear > shield charge > grab combo and continue to just s block anything that they throw out, which doesn't break the shield in time.

Also have a report function at least for teaming in solo que
    I've seen many many players teaming in solo, this is just unfair for many players. Punishment can be something light, such as ban from shadow arena for few days or so. Simple functions like this really helps..

8. Jexz

Remove the cart near the starting tower of SA the one people crawl under and afk. the one once they are there you can not hit them. This is an exploit and there for should warrant discipline. It was acknowledge by the a forum admin 2 weeks ago. it is as simple as removing the cart. Yet it is still there and people continue to abuse it every day.

I understand you can not police teaming in SA as it would be neer impossible to prove.

I understand giving valks just counter would be OP. Why do warriors get their protected CC. Their shift F is the same as valks yet protected. Do they really need to have a protected stiff as well?.
    This is an alternative to nerfing their damage more. Looking at the kit I see warcry being the only ability that you could sub in. Counter was probably already thought about but stiff being perhaps not as powerful as a float. Even though counter has a longer animation and cool down. would probably be worse as yould get in a lot more down attack. ( I think I answered my own question)

Shield charge 1 6-8 secconds instead of 4
    shield charge 2 back to normal.
    another option

#1168 Jexz, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  9. Tyddle

The Rotate mini map STILL does not work! I have to change setting to OFF to be able to get any use out it at all.

10. Tomitaki

REMOVE resist buff from tower buff...

11. Eri 4

Remove this thread or lock since. Since it's obvious you can't even listen to feedback. We tell you resists are for the most part cancer, striker's grab is OP, bosses do too much dmg, the infinite loading screen when the sa is closed, closing SA while nodewars, wiz/witch OP, warriors still one of the best classes, etc etc etc and you can't so much as nerf **** properly

Angar likes this.
  12. Jexz

one of the bosses gives a 30% resist boosts for 2min anyone know how much the tower resist buff gives?
    For the players having issues with the tower. you need to turtle/kite for max 1 min. difficulty yes impossible no. Only an issue when they have tower buff and are INVISIBLE ( still not fixed but im sure u are working on it)

#1172 Jexz, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. Jexz

Resistances are frustrating for sure. But we are biased as we only see when they hurt us and not when they help us.

If you are getting ganked and resist. You Now have a chance to fight back over getting one combo'd.
    The problem is when you are on the dealing end and get resisted then grabbed and one combo'd.
    You can't reflect on that and improve.

How ever If your opponent resists you and not from hitting the CC limit you chould get a 2-3 seccond resist boost with say a 5-10 seccond cool down before it can happen again. now both players are on equalish grounds and the CC dance can commence.

Just a thought. probably will never happen if they don't separate mechanics from the real game.

I'd still be fine with them removing resists as you got ganked because your focus was elsewhere.
    you can reflect on that and improve .

I don't have a lot of issues with strikers to find them OP. But I avoid them untill I have a grab.
    Im assuming the classes that have issues with them are the ones with out grabs. If I am forced to fight one with out a grab I get behind them and CC.
    Still learning to do this I don't know if its vs bad strikers or I desync them. I think some animations might be angle locked?

So what classes are you playing that has a hard time with striker? If it is a class with a grab or ability to get behind like DK kuno ninja. This might be L2P issue.

Bosses are no problem when you have gear.

witch/wiz I do feel could use minor tweeks but this mainly due to group play. And I suppose it is ok to have meta team builds in group play.

Warrior is really close to being in a good spot.
    At this point id consider leaving him and buffing tamer till they get used more. His damage I feel is fine. His protected CC's put him over the top.

you have to deal with a FG that can just about break block. super armour that CC's and hits even if you are behind him. a 4 seccond cool down FG stiff that is used from block and a grab.
    Fix it so the CC only lands if he is facing you and i'd be happy (could do the same to valks shift F, but valks shift F lacks the SA warriors get). At the same time. I'm not reacting correctly if i am behind him and getting CC'd. you could say L2P issue on my part.

14. Jexz

Progression / reward system for SA. could replace or coincide with the current mission system.

Each class could have a progression reward system after x kills total x kills in a game survive x time win x games X progressively getting higher/harder with better rewards.

This I think would be a better system than the current missions that I think many just ignore.

The current mission system isn't enough incentive to play other classes and if it is it is not enough for them to get proficient in that class. I think if players diversified more they would get better as well as understand the weaknesses the classes they think are OP are.

when you need 1000 kills for the next rewards maybe you might decide to learn another class that only needs 50 kills for his next reward.

Could give tittles at the end. Doesn't need to be big rewards. Just something you can slowly grind.

15. Crimdrac

fix the speed of the fog and remove the 10000 second animation lock after you try to get out of the water, this is really unnecessary.

16. Daigurern

1. U have to find a way to monitor games live. It's been almost a WEEK with the same speed hacker, that actually announces his easy wins due to hacks. Family Name " Davidrofl " . Those ppl literally make u quit as you have no chance of winning a game once a hacker has joined.

2. Class balance. Musa/Maehwa/Tamer needs to get buffed ASAP. Its 98% Striker, Warrior, Valk once u reach top 5. Depending on their early luck, u might see a wizard/witch as well. Ive had over 250 games without a single tamer winning. And there is no way for a Mahewa/Musa to deal with a Striker, Warrior etc that can easily block every single attack + u can barely dodge any of their attacks especially if you dont have Chase. No block classes do need more ways to avoid damage.

3. Game breaking bugs. I lost count how many times I been stuck in the tower right in the beginning. Treasure Chests being stuck in unreachable places or beign indestructible.

5. Water! Ppl tend to just get into the water and wait there til its over. U cant hit them, u cant do anything against that. So either u gotta make them drown after a certain time, put god dam alligators in the water or give us stationary ballistas to shoot them out of their hiding lol.

6. Team Play in Solo. This one is hard to fix since u gotta proof that they are actually teaming up. Ive seen myself in situations where I helped another player killing someone because he was the greater threat to me and I simply killed the other guy afterwards. Still, ppl gonna call "team play". But maybe there is a way to detect patterns, if the same ppl joining at the same time, being in a rather close distant to each other in most games but never attack one another or something like that.

7. Progression rewards. Award ppl for playing different classes.

8. Remove Tower resistance buff!

9. RNG on skill books. Maybe increase the chance of getting different skill books each time u find one that u already own? Im sick of receiving 2 skills out of 25 skill books and losing the game even tho my gear is hella broken and I manage to kill atleast a few ppl with 2 skills up my sleeve.

10. Report Player function

17. Hypotermia

No remove the resistances from whole ****in game

18. Sadalsuud

Tamer : Give back the PvP iframe on evasion and they'll be able to make above go crazy. Or slightly increase her damage output so that she can kill a little faster.

Block is nice but that does not fit well for every class, tamer preawak is mainly quick movement and block as a additional effect on skills, might as well keep this spirit and give back the pvp iframe : players were complaining about it in SA but most failed to realize that tamer didn't have a high damage output, needed long combos to make interesting damages (so more skills needed), and that this evasion had a heavy price on stamina (so far from unlimited : Tamer could troll by only evading, but attacking at the same time implied a serious stam management).

Oh, and please : MORE TAMER TO POSSESS, TOO HARD TO FIND ONE!

19. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

Greetings!

The new time schedule is live!

Thanks for your feedback, it has been priceless in order to improve this new amazing mode.

Enjoy!

20. Tessalie

Thank you so much for fixing the Schedule!
    Finally we can play SA again when there is NW, yay. :)