1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Arena is back...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Beavus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ѧ| Chaotic

Exactly this, what was the point of obtaining gear when something that didn't require gear beats most content with gear income wise. Shadow arena was broken OP for newer AND older players, both benefited from it. It was even more OP for cheaters so this could not go untouched whatsoever. Only two easy ways for PA to fix this,
    1. Remove SA like they did
    2. Nerf SA rewards
    Either way all those that played SA only for its rewards will still complain so it doesn't really matter what they did. What type are you guys? be honest with yourself. Those that did find it fun and rewarding well now i hope you still find that same 'fun' you had with its great rewards at the time when it comes back as a stand alone game. If not then you never did find it fun, and that should be obvious to yourself, no need to tell us because in the end it doesn't matter.

Battle Royale games like apex legends, fortnite or pubg are played to have fun. No one gets rewards for those games other than FUN, so why can't you guys just accept that reward also here? Fun and a good time. Because in the end that is what battle royale games are, you don't see battlefield BR game affecting it's campaign right? Same thing here. Or you don't see the apex legends version affecting Titanfalls games and it's universe since that's where it came from right? So i don't see any problem here.

Have a good day everyone! :)

2. Beavus

The difference between those br games is that they were started off as standalone games and not implemented as part of another game to get rewards for said game.
    I loved shadow arena gameplay but also cause I got benefits for the game I want to play. Just cause I had fun doesn’t mean I want to leave the game I play (bdo) to play another game. Had shadow arena started off as a stand-alone I probably wouldn’t have touched it, maybe been slightly interested. But it was given as another option to obtain things in this game I like playing (and yes the rewards could be nerfed) but to some people who weren’t top at SA they were still average rewards compared to grinding some spots. Still doesn’t mean I didn’t find it fun.

3. kakodaimonos

If we go by that definition we would talk millions.
    Which we obviously can't apply to games because that would probably only be WoW at this point.
    I would call 100 people on one playing field already pretty massive for gaming standards. Sure it's not a Planetside but yeah.
    Older Battlefields with 64v64 were also pretty massive imo.

Still calling a genre out of a type of game doesn't fit at all. Or you would basically say that Planetside 2 is the same genre as BDO which I think we can all agree it is not.

I Am Mother and Ben Phoenix like this.
  4. IWalkAlone

NOPE. If WOW had it, this dont mean its core feature of the genre.

5. Ben Phoenix

The developers never dismissed completely the idea of dungeons for what I know. Many times in the past when this community said "it's never gonna happen" about something, it actually happened. You guys count too much on "it's not in the lore" or "it doesn't fit BDO". Money always fit and that's what really matters for these people in the end.

#65 Ben Phoenix, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    I Am Mother likes this.
  6. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Didn't care about it when the broken mess was available to us.... still don't care about it. Rewards were insane.... cheaters rampant.... still completely reliant on RNG (somehow everyone has rose colored glasses about this). Cool for people who liked it, but I'm glad its not back in the game.

7. LucidKill

Not interested if it's stand alone. Just nerf rewards a bit and put level 59 requirement and put it back in the game.

Solitaire, Two-Tu and Ben Phoenix like this.
  8. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

2 3dgy 4 me, Nagasaki.

Your logic is flawed. If I don't like BDO's SA, I simply don't play SA. Why would I stop play BDO entirely then lmao, makes no sense.

You are writing in caps and are bashing people while missing their points completely, all that in an aggressive manner.

You aren't crying, but you are overly emotional about it for sure.

#68 Two-Tu, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
  9. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Still it’s an assumption as you don’t know for a FACT if i’m Crying or not. I’m telling you, I’m NOT crying, but instead I’m celebrating. I am the main source for my feeling. Who else you gonna ask? Your mom about how I feel? Goodluck with that.

10. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Why'd you get so defensive about it. Are you really not crying? You need to tell me again, but with even more passion this time. Otherwise everyone will assume that you are in fact crying, which you hopefully aren't, right.

Boy, this sounds desperate as hell.

Oh, and BYE. This is how you'd like to see a post end, right?

#70 Two-Tu, Jun 13, 2019
  11. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

If that’s what you wanna believe, go ahead. You probably also believe the Earth is flat.
    Like I care what you think about me. Just another nobody on the internet like I am to you.
    If that makes you sleep better at night, go with that.

In the end SA is still gonna be a STANDALONE GAME.

Guess I still win in the end as this decision by PA makes me happy.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  12. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Sounds like you do care though.

And what if I told you that I believe that you are crying AND that the earth is in fact flat? Will I get to experience the full Nagasaki non-sense royale all-inclusive package?

13. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

If you believe that, believe that mate. Go with your believes if that makes you happy.
    Cry me a river. SA still standalone.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  14. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

See, didn't take that long. You are contradicting yourself again. You are implying that I am actually sad about that SA thingy. But how'd you know how I feel? Am I not the """the main source for my feeling""" (these are your exact words)? Did you ask my mom?

Besides, I can't stop laughing about, I did not once give my opinion on the SA subject in this thread, not even once. Yet, you are still pushing your
    -line onto me, just out of nowhere, without context, like a little stubborn kid that didn't get his treat.

Unreal.

15. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Wehhwehhwehh is all I see. Cry me a river. Assuming like u do. Wehhwehhhwehhhhhhh

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

ROFL, I called it!

Its been done before on another Korean game.

17. Beavus

Yea sadly this. I knew they were just going to try and monetise it but make it it’s own game sucks a bit.

18. Mirajane

Totally agree , Progression in Normal Bdo is already a pain , it dont seem like the smartest move to play on basically a private server that actually wont help you out in anything useful

Solitaire likes this.
  19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What about the type that couldn't play it based on the broken keybinds, and not being able to customize them?

Never enjoyed it, to miss it due to that one fact.

I really don't understand why it would have been so bad to implement this as a another battleground system in game, using ingame gear, with GS thresholds just like red battlefield...Just another place to que for with better rewards depending on difficulty levels. Hardest being no Gear score regulations.

#79 Kynreaa, Jun 13, 2019
    I Am Mother and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  20. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

look at the rewards of RBF and then compare them to what SA was. Then look again at your question.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.