1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Arena is back...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Beavus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Your confused..You seem to feel the rewards for winning RBF are worth the effort...They are not.
    They need to be updated, with the current rewards being given out at the lowest tier range.

That being typed, the rewards for winning shadow arena with no GS restrictions, seems to fit.

Mirajane likes this.
  2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

You’re confused if you think RBF should be rewarding more. RBF is fine right now. That’s in my opinion though. You’re welcome to feel different though.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I just think RBF is bland and dumb now..

Different and better more rewarding battle arenas would be a welcome addition, Using ingame chars with ingame gear. with a teir system like red battlefield.

4. Andaro

Ambassador

I purchased the same founders packs, and I'm quite satisfied with the game.....*shrugs*
    But, then again, I came from a KR Silver Grinder, and I already knew what I was downloading

6footgeeks, Maginha and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  5. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

No simply applying some common ****ing sense would suffice in this instance. And if that were too hard theres always google.

MMOs in the late late 90's and early 2000's supported THOUSANDS of players. How would that number decrease to 10-20 people, twenty years later? rofl

6. Icywave

Removed it from BDO because they couldn't fight hackers, made it it's own standalone game where they also need to fight against hackers.

Obviously doesn't make sense, and it shouldn't make sense because that isn't the reason they shut it down.

1. It's simple, they found a way to monetize the standalone game without jeopardizing opposing methods of making gains in BDO and avoid shitstorms of "SA makes more money than everywhere else!". If they didn't , they wouldn't release it all - ever.
    2. Memory Fragments and enhancement materials with virtually no investment cost on the end of the players. Memory fragments lowering in price = less artisan sales , all being generated into the marketplace by people who don't even enhance to begin with.

They were not only losing money on the end of the people who played it, because there was no reason to actually invest money while playing this for silver per hour (buy Kamas with silver ingame with the money you made from SA which was far less than they expected from the game mode). They were also losing money on the end of the entire playerbase due to lower memory fragment costs.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to truly understand hackers weren't their problem, they will always deal with that, but it's different when you deal with that AND make money and when you deal with that and LOSE money.

Greedy company who's milked this playerbase so hard they've used your money to push to consoles and mobile platforms now to market to entire different sets of people and will continue to do so until people understand and just not spend any money whatsoever.

7. Ben Phoenix

Yep.

I Am Mother likes this.
  8. kakodaimonos

The number was simply just an example. Seems like nowadays people take every single word you say as a fact.
    But obviously it's always common sense you have to apply even though there is nothing to apply it on.
    So from now on, since MMO's are the same genre of game... Planetside 2 and BDO are the same and are not different anymore. Common sense, right?

9. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Weird taking peoples words and more specifically numbers for what they're written as... My bad. I should've assumed you meant 1,000 - 10,000 instead of 10 or 20 I guess. Or maybe if you want to cite an example dont be wrong and so wrong that I feel compelled to point it out.

Nagasaki likes this.
  10. Mirajane

Chances Are they will shut down Shadow arena again , once the take a gander at its servers and realize no one cares to play it anymore as long as its separate From any progression in BDO and no reason to support it anymore , itll go the way of savage rift with no one joining lobby's and being constantly empty , except we wont see it in bdo cause its not in Menu.

download.png

6footgeeks likes this.
  11. Thranduil

So this is what will happen:

1. Standalone SA opens, it's f2p with cash shop stuff.
    2. It'll use the same servers as bdo, so bdo will be unplayable with lags and dcs.
    3. SA will be empty in 1-2 months.
    4. On month 3 they gift Bdo game to all the shadow arena players.
    5. Profit from some of those players who took the bait and bought stuff in bdo.
    6. SA closes or it's left rotting as a bdo bait.

Mirajane likes this.
  12. Beeso

My shadow does not need an arena.

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  13. Rahnxah

YEAH!

Soon another 20 kamasylva days, great!

14. Eardwynn

No one will play shadow arena if it doesn't give BDO rewards. I'll play Shadow Arena all day, just make sure to send the rewards to my BDO mailbox.

Mirajane likes this.
  15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

So because you won't no one won't ?

Additionnaly, you're right, playing for fun is so 1996.

16. Violor

Lots of good posts in this thread.
    Enough bickering about what MMO means though.....

The points are clear as to what happened with SA and what is happening with SA. No matter what PA says about shutting it down, we all know there was more to that story than their comments on it.

The things we know:
    1. They failed to control hackers
    2. Hackers were using free/trial accounts (for the most part)
    3. Turning off the trial account system should have been done
    4. Having a "Get 5 SA kills and win a free full account" should NOT have been done
    5. SA had no money maker "itself"
    6. The hacker issue was causing loads and loads of bad press on all the MMO websites
    7. People joining due to SA were not venturing far into the actual game of BDO where they would buy things like inventory space

Things we can guess has happened:
    1. They figured out a cash shop system (picture Smite, etc here)
    2. The hackers won't be in BDO so the bad press won't be so wide spread
    3. They figured out that SA (battle royal) can hold a large player base unto itself
    4. They have some form of better anti-cheat system in place
    5. They'll have active GMs watching to insta ban cheaters (for a while anyhow)

Things that are dumb and shouldn't have mattered or matter now:
    1. It can still be in BDO - If you don't like it DON'T PLAY IT! No one is forcing you to.
    2. They could have a better anti-cheat system (they have the funds)
    3. They could have ACTIVE GMs watch it here to actively ban cheaters (again they HAVE the funds)
    4. It hurt and helped the economy, but balance was coming through as the market caught up the added stuff

Look there is no right or wrong answer to the SA thing in BDO. The point is some people liked it and some didn't but either way it got broken and deleted. I agree with others saying it was some of the best group content in the game. I agree with that from my own personal experience playing it. But I also completely agree it is NOT for everyone, as I personally don't actually like battle royal games. I tried Fortnite and I deleted it after 2 rounds, so I get where hardcore MMO fans don't want this in their game. But remember this isn't just my game our your game it is every players game. We've all put money into it (some more than others), but we all have a bit in this game.

And remember if you don't like it don't play it. Plus remember the grind spots are more open when a bunch of us are goofing off in SA, so just go enjoy some toxic free grinding.

Lastly, I won't play it at all if it is not part of BDO. I've wasted enough time in BDO that if I'm playing another version of BDO without rewards for BDO then I'm just not going to play it at all. Which I believe many people that enjoy BDO and SA will also do.

Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  17. Kema

I just can't help but laugh at this line in the google translated version of the news article -----> "On the 11th, Pearl Abyss hosted 'Into the Abyss' at the 'Regal Cinema LA Live Stadium' in Los Angeles, USA with local game users, partners, and 600 influenza players."

Phoenixxx75 likes this.