1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai’s Got Talent - Submit here

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, May 18, 2020.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Main-header_1100x500.jpg

Greetings Adventurers!

Compose and Play is now available in-game for Shai. It’s time to use your creativity and share it with others! What kind of music do you want to create? Show off your skills and claim the winning prize!

Event Dates

Submission Period: May 20 (after maintenance) – June 7 (23:59 UTC)

Staff selection: June 8–June 10

Community Vote
    : June 11–June 16

Winner Announcement June 17th

Rewards Distribution: June 24th

During the event period, choose the themes you like, create your own music with various instruments via ESC > Music Album > Compose, and upload it! You can submit one song per Family for each theme. While you can submit a song for each of the themes, only one reward will be distributed per Family.

Winner Prizes

Winners will be selected (NA and EU combined) and announced through our forums. Prizes will be delivered during the June 24th maintenance.
    • Grand Prize (1 Winner)
      • I’m a Producer UwU (Permanent)/ Yellow
      • Value Pack (30 Days) x1
      • Premium Outfit Box x1,
      • Secret Book of Old Moon (15 Days) x1
    • Runner-up (3 Winners)
      • Music Prodigy (Permanent)
      • Value Pack (15 Days) x1,
      • Secret Book of Old Moon (7 Days) x1
    • Most Popular (5 Winners)
      • Music Teacher (Permanent
      • Value Pack (7 Days) x1,
      • Secret Book of Old Moon (3 Days) x1
    • Participation Prize (All eligible submissions)**
      • Blessed Message Scroll (100 min) x1
      • Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x2
    *Please note in-game title rewards can be checked directly under My Information (P) > Title tab. The in-game title will be given with June 24th maintenance.
    **For players who sent in the links of their eligible YouTube videos to the official submission forum thread that follows the video submission rules.

Video Submission Rules

All entries must follow these rules to be eligible.
    • Video Length: Between 15 seconds and 2 minutes
    • The video must be uploaded to YouTube within the submission period, then posted in this official forum thread.
    • The video must have the following title format, including your in-game Family Name and server region (NA or EU). “Black Desert Online: Shai's Got Talent” must be kept in English. If you have a typo in your name or if you don't follow the given format below, you will be automatically disqualified.
      Please double-check before posting!
    • Format
      • Black Desert Online: Shai’s Got Talent | [Song Title] | [Family Name] | [Region]
    • Example
      • Black Desert Online: Shai’s Got Talent | Hunting Lullaby | Christina | NA
        *the Song Title has to match with the title you used on "Save Composition".
    • Entries should have a video description that includes the song theme and what may have inspired your creation.
    • The videos cannot contain any text or voice audio (e.g. player recorded voice-overs).

• It is possible to disable your UI by pressing Ctrl + U after pressing the Play button.
    • YouTube posts must be set to Public or Unlisted so staff can see your posts. Please make sure that your video is not set to Private.

Event Notice
    • All submissions will be reviewed and selected as acceptable by our staff. Please note your submission may not be deemed acceptable if it does not follow the guideline of our event, is not an original creation/submission, is a resubmission of a previous submission, and/or is any reference to copyrighted content may be disqualified etc.

• Please note that you have to choose Solo play as a Play State on the Play Setting window.

• Please do not edit the music in any way using external software outside of the game.

• Video submissions will be withdrawn if they are plagiarized.

• Your videos may not have any elements of another person’s creations, and they may not use or infringe upon someone else’s copyright. Your submission must be your own work.
    • Please note your video should be public or unlisted when you upload it on Youtube.

• Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner.

• You may submit as many videos as you'd like, but only one submission will be counted towards the participation prize as well as have the chance to be selected as a winner.
    • Reward items given out through events can be bound or not depending on the items. Thus, some items cannot be Moved or Restored. Please check the description of the item to confirm if it's Bound or not.

• Event period and specs. may change with future notice.

Disclaimer:

• By posting your video(s) for our "Shai's Got Talent" event, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the video(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and Kakao Games USA Inc. and that the video(s) can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s and Kakao Games USA Inc.'s discretion.

• By participating, you allow Kakao Games to share your submitted video(s) including your in-game Family name on Kakao Games website, forum, and social media channels.

• Any content or reference protected by copyrights is not allowed and may be disqualified.

2. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

I love this idea :)

3. Dexo 2

First place: "I'm a Producer UwU". Weebs getting some attention monkaS

4. Mr. Nope

Finnally an update that i like

5. Best Mystic EU

Might as well be the first one to participate ^^

6. Zimtblog

here we go !

7. Aysnvaust

When you look forward to "big Shay Event Ahead", because maybe they finally fix the stupid level limit on the donkey or give you something that might help you in solo PvP, so that you don't have to run away every time a bully shows up at your grinding spot or anything else that is of help ingame -
    and all you get is : "be creative, make some music, and maybe, MAYBE, you earn yourself a unique ingame title! Great, isn't it?! (and, btw, rights and ownership is automatically ours, of course)"
    And before anyone comes up with "Just because you are not able to do it, doesn't mean it's bad" - I am able to do it, on my youtube channel there is a BDO machinima with selfmade music. But this event is a slap in the face of every shay main that wants to step up the game

#7 Aysnvaust, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  8. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Ohhhh, time to get my creativity flowing again!

Edit:
    Alright, done. :D Hopefully it follows the rules (It said not to edit the music, although I added a small sound effect in the beginning to make it more clear that Gruadian of Edena represents Glados. The music itself is completely untouched of course.)

Edit #2

The first submission will be invalid because it is not an original song. However, this second submission for a different category is unique, so this will be my valid submission:

Song of Enhancement

#8 Nicknero1405, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020 at 1:27 AM
    Zimtblog likes this.
  9. DafuqYouLookinAt

Cute new update, makes me want to play my Shai more tbh. I'd try & enter the event but I don't really play my Shai much.

Please note: Awarding colored titles out to all art related contests for Top Winners from Screenshots, Videos, FanArt & now Music Composing except to Costume Designers/Artwork that actually takes $, crafting effort or even drawing abilities is not exactly a nice feeling...

Winners are grateful ofc but this event resurfaced the disappointment in event titles specifically & I think it's a fair expression because I'd imagine a lot of Top Winners for various events would love the opportunity to display their achievements in-game too.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes though - goodluck!

#9 DafuqYouLookinAt, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  10. Shaad

I did an arrangement of Renai Circulation :D

11. Wakanaay

A technical question: do entries have to be custom compositions, or they can be arrangements of other games' songs too?

Sandrituky likes this.
  12. JoseMnez

JoseMnez Kunoichi 62 EU

pd: I cant use Control+u for hidde UI, cause when i enable that, the song stop playing in few seconds, is prob one bug or idk.

#12 JoseMnez, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    t4mpel, Zimtblog, Chaos Ronin and 2 others like this.
  13. JTWorrell

Here is my entry. Wish the rules for video length were longer so I could show all 3 instrument parts but hopefully the devs will listen to the full song.

#13 JTWorrell, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    t4mpel and Chaos Ronin like this.
  14. LucianOvO

Here's my entry. I couldnt hide UI because it will stop the song for some reason >_<. Enjoy!!

Edit: The video above is a re-upload, because I made some small changes to the song, and I needed to re-record it. But dw the song I composed and shared on music album is also changed to the new one. First video is also available in my YouTube channel. Anyways Enjoy!!!

#14 LucianOvO, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    t4mpel, Chaos Ronin, XXew and 3 others like this.
  15. Kiri_Dar

Note from original post for you “and/or is any reference to copyrighted content may be disqualified etc.” Which means songs from other games would be disqualified since they are copyrighted material.

16. MrDad

Here's my entry, I hope you like it! :)

t4mpel, Zimtblog, LucianOvO and 2 others like this.
  17. Phono

I'm sad that I can't upload a song made with various music instruments.

18. Bwuaaa

here's my entry

19. I Am Mother

Your Shai's talent is really commendable. The music flows beautifully and the cohesion is so spot on. I liked all of the songs on this thread, Skyrim one was great, but I really enjoyed this one! Job well done! Keep honing them skills!

LucianOvO likes this.
  20. Titanbrace

Black Desert Online: Shai’s Got Talent | Life With Warmth | Titanbrace | NA

Just uploaded to YouTube, my first song was written with the new "Compose and Play" feature for the Shai music talent.

Song Title: "Life With Warmth"

Song of Life Skill

Using the in-game Compose & Play system, compose a song which you should definitely listen to before doing any life skill-related activity.