1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai Customize&Win Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 8, 2019.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

main img.jpg

We had much fun checking to all your creations for Shai. You made this character so cute, creepy, funny and a lot more that was very hard to choose our top 3 unique creations.
    However, let's get to the point, here below you will find the winners for the event Shai Customize & Win:

- BE UNIQUE -

Ariioch
    [​IMG]

Vannie
    [​IMG]

Twisp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- BEST OF SHOW -

Tezsith
    [​IMG]

Orinai
    [​IMG]

ImQueen
    [​IMG]

Havres
    [​IMG]

MySpot
    [​IMG]
    *The winners have been selected on July 4th.

- BE UNIQUE -

Iia
    [​IMG]

DaGavial
    [​IMG]

Manacats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- BEST OF SHOW -

Wilter
    [​IMG]

MCLoven
    [​IMG]

Bholis
    [​IMG]

Paingiver
    [​IMG]

Hosokawai
    [​IMG]
    *The winners have been selected on July 4th.

The rewards for the 8 winners of each region are:
    • Whimsical Alchemist Classic Set
    • Merv's Palette (30 Days)
    [​IMG]

Congratulations to the winners and of course to all users who create every day wonderful templates, you make BDO even more special, thank you!

BDO team

#1 CM Yukimura, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Sibyyl, CM Avalace, Yirosu and 5 others like this.
  2. Yngol_Stormblade

Kinda creepy

Shirone and cmdrsamu like this.
  3. Vannie

OwO thank you for choosing one of my customizations! <3

Tabri likes this.
  4. Tiegerauge85

EU server = like bots ftw. congratulations ......

5. Ariioch

Thank u so much for choosing mine! :)

Tabri likes this.
  6. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 60 NA

I love HAVRES....her eyes scream walking dead zombie. Love it!

7. ZeroScarlett

Congrats to the winners

Shoutout to my creations that didn't make it

Attached Files:

#7 ZeroScarlett, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
    Desado, Sibyyl, Tabri and 1 other person like this.
  8. ghoulz666

Be unique...

What?

9. Legloune

I never expected to win - thank you for finding mine interesting enough :) (im Da'Gavial) i dunno how to change my name to my game name lol

Tabri likes this.
  10. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 61 NA

Thank you all for the downloads and support and thanks for the votes :)

Wilter likes this.
  11. Wilter

Thank you <3!

Shai was interesting to do templates for lol.XO

I wish @ZeroScarlett had placed for unique template work, she has always been an impressive standout IMO.

Cheers!

12. shidoxen

20190628_104649.jpg
    Grats to the winners!

13. CleverLittleOne

Honestly, and I don't intend to harm anyone's feelings here, but honestly these winners were not what I was hoping to see. In fact, I looked at past events like this one, as well as the photo and artwork events and it seems that the winning choices are an issue with EVERY contest here, and I was prepared for this type of result but hoping against it when I submitted my own shai customizations for this contest. While I will say that none of the winning picks were awful or anything, I genuinely believe there were far better and more interesting ones out there and even if they were staff picked, im sad for the fact that the staff have such little care and seem to choose purely on their personal taste or how many times something was applied in the beauty album. Here's my rundown:

- The EU winners were better than the NA winners, they at least showed more creativity and while one or two are somewhat boring, overall I can accept the winners(although, Im not on the EU side, so I have no clue what else was submitted there and might have been better.)
    - The NA Unique were...disappointing, to say the least. The first one(while cute) shows absolutely NO sign of uniqueness, no interesting or unusual features and frankly, there were many others just like it that I saw. The male shai definitely drew my attention and fits the unique genre, but honestly there were many male shai creations with a bit more(however this was, in fact, one of the winners I could accept as it fit and was attention drawing) And finally, the third unique creation with the purple hair...it fits the unique theme and I can try to accept it as a winner, but again I saw many other more creative ideas and a purple fairy thing seemed the least of them.
    -The NA best of show are literally all in around the top 5 most downloaded or whatever on the beauty album for the past 30 days. This lets me know that they...
    A: Kept up with the same way of picking winners they seem to do every contest(and I'm a new player. I could literally tell how their contest work just by reading the forums of past events) of just choosing the VERY top most applied creations(which, btw, can easily be boosted and manipulated)
    B: Did not actually bother to check anything but the 30 days top 50, as there were other clear options within 7 days and current days ranking, and not every submission had the time to get into the top 50 30 days ranking as some submitted later.
    C:proceeded to pick the same basic winners ive seen win the other contest(which seems unfair in a way. Even if they were ok or good works, being able to constantly win takes away from other contest participants and ruins morale for future contest. Wilter, Paingiver, Bholis no offense guys you do good stuff, but come on lets face it...even you guys must've had one or two you though were better)
    D: The winners chosen were, again, not bad, but honestly were boring and quite frankly not wonderful enough to fairly beat out some of the other creations I noticed in the top 50.

I realize that this will offend the winners and some others, but this seems to be quite normal for these contest and honestly yes part of me commenting is offense at not winning(although I honestly only wanted the free outfit). But regardless, this isn't the first time ive lost a contest and it wont be the last, but if im going to lose, I wanna lost to winning choices I can respect. Although there aren't any prizes and all that, I'd like to encourage more community involvement AFTER contest like this. I'd encourage posting pics of your creations or creations YOU think should have won and why. Heck, at the very least it'll give others a sense people actually care about what they make.

Rhainstorm likes this.
  14. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 62 NA

No need to be salty about a contest. Celebrate the winners and choose the templates YOU find to be the best to use on your Shai in the game.

Nothing prevents you from doing both.

Zimtblog likes this.
  15. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

HelloCleverLittleOne,

for clarification, the "Top 50 Most Applied" for The best of show were not chosen by the staff, but literally what was on ranking in the Beauty Album during those days of the event. So we couldn't change the time of selection nor our favourite ones, but just pick up what players have voted.
    The only creations we picked up are the top 3 unique for EU and NA, purely considering our own taste, not applications nor likes.
    I am sorry to hear that you disagree with the top 3 unique, every opinion is important. It's just impossible to make everyone happy.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Yuki

Wilter, Zimtblog and CM Servantes like this.
  16. Saranay

The thing is - often its streamer or ppl who have a fanbase that use contests like this while others dont have a chance to win. Also its possible to ask the whole guild to support the guild leader for example by simply applying one of the customs.
    These contests are (sadly) very unrewarding for "normal" players that try to get a chance to win anything and the 50+ are also easily voted by some ppl who may even hold alt accounts to download and apply the custom. too.

Imo it would be more fair to let one person, randomly click through the last 40-50 pages and pick his/her favorite ones.

As I already know that this is sadly not the fair version of a contest I dont care about them anymore =)
    So this is just a hint that these contests are a possible exploit.

CleverLittleOne likes this.
  17. Zimtblog

I'm in a guild with 3 people and have only 1 friend and made it into the top 50.
    No, it depends on the period.

Wilter likes this.
  18. Saranay

Then you and your 1175 likes on 238 posts seem to be not popular at all =)
    still gz I am stating my opinion.

19. Zimtblog

nobody really knows who I'm in ingame.

20. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

One thing that really matters about if you land on the first top 50 is, be one of the first on the server online to create a char then also have a premade template from the global lab server that you refined there already so you only take maybe 5 minutes to recreate the character and post it.
    Someone like me who works for 5 more hours after the servers come live... we don't need to bother with posting our chars there because chances are very low.
    My Shai creation got 2 applies, and she was a rather unique one just like Orinai's for example. But no chance because i posted it and within 30 seconds it went from page 1 of the latest posts to page 2 or 3.