1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai good?

Discussion in 'Shai' started by EnvyNox, Mar 27, 2020.

1. EnvyNox

The buffs you give takes forever to cast and when you do, you’re a sitting duck anyone can cc or grab you out of it. The buffs are lackluster, and they need a buff. A 10% attack speed/ movement speed is useless compared to Witchards that gives 20% attack/casting speed and the fact that you stand there moving soooooo slow is honestly questionable because the people you have given the buff to are halfway across the field. Also transitioning from skill to skill in awakening is SOOOOOOO painfully slow and awkward. The awakening is soo slow and clunky to use and doesn't synergize well with the boomerang.

This is a fast-moving game that needs a fast-moving character. She does not heal as much compared to Witchards. A Witchard has 3 HEALS! AND a huge DP BUFF (PA) AND output insane amount of dmg. Why make an inferior support class to an already existing better support class that does not have a 95% dmg reduction (Damage Greatly Reduced In PVP) and can be built as tanky as a Shai. A Witch with Q buff can be even tanky if not more than a shai.

The dmg in PVE is honestly subpar unless you’re fully decked out in ap WHICH YOU CAN'T because you have to build dp because you have NO REASON TO BUILD AP BECAUSE YOU DO NO DMG IN PVP. So like what's the point if there is no reason to grind or defend spot Was this just a meme class or just a life skill class Only!?!

which takes me to the other section. PVP if you take this class to siege wars or anything large scale a person considered an AP monkey with 300ap+ can solo you while everyone else pushes your entire team and you can’t do jack squat about it other than run away get CC’d and then heal and run away to your team that’s already dead. And if you play dead, you give the enemy time to get their CD and kill you even faster or even group upon you. PLUS the “play dead skills” is on a 9 min cooldown... hello??

this class needs to be completed. We don’t need a rabam we need a bit more dmg skills and maybe some ultimate skills,

thank you.

(Just found out they took away the 95% dmg reduction)

#1 EnvyNox, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  2. Loloichi

It's a support class and a life skill class. So yes.

3. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i love the shai as is...
    i never had any issues with pve at all on her
    she is a support class so she isnt meant for pvp dmg and some of the other things you are asking for

4. Catastigma

Witchard is 20% atk/cast/move speed.

Shai is not only 10%.
    Its 10% + Your percentage in your Artina Sol (+15% at PEN) its mean 25%.

You under estimate the 1500 HP buff +700 heal and the Black spirit regen buff..
    Also Misty Haze is far from useless -25% DR and Evasion can be a game changer.
    *Over Here* that is completly meta during node war and siege. In good hand and timing its the most impactfull spell on BDO.
    Without forgot Forest Echo(Bongo) that everyone complaint about cause of Infinite Stiffness .
    Never a witchard remplace a Good 460+ DP Shai.

Shimoyaki likes this.
  5. NixZero

She's even got rabams last week on labs...

6. Vanraven

95% pvp damage reduction? What you talking about?

7. NixZero

the damage reduction was present at shai launch but then it has been removed, now she has just bad weapon movement path that makes it really easy to dodge most hits in 1v1 and she lacks protected movements (stamina management force you to chose between movement and protection)

EnvyNox likes this.
  8. Schinrah

DP Shai's are amongst the most coveted classes for any siege and nodewar guild. Even the most elitist guilds will take you in as a Shai if you at least remotely know what you're doing and got ~430-450DP. So wether the class is fun to play or not, I don't know, but I sure as hell would like some more Shai's in my guild, their contribution in PvP as supporters is immense.

9. Vanraven

Smart guy, this is exactly the problem yes. The reduced damage in pvp was removed in the July 24th patch yes. And yep the biggest problem is how her florang works. It will never land all of those hits in pvp because no one stays stationary for too long and they have tiny hit boxes compared to pve monsters. For this reason her pvp damage appears very low.

The only way to fix it is if her florang tracked targets in pvp and stuck to them. But the devs will never do that.

PS: I see why some players keep thinking she has significant pvp damage reduction. The devs never changes the text in the skill descriptions. It still says her damage is greatly reduced in pvp. So for those reading, that is no longer true. It hasn't been true since July 24th 2019.

#9 Vanraven, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    EnvyNox likes this.
  10. EnvyNox

I understand that but not everyone that plays this game is sweaty and has the time and resources to get that PEN awakening let alone everything. Some of us just want to casually play and life skill while protecting yourself in your grind spot. To acheive this 460+ DP is not as easy as you think. You NEED PENS and Caphra levels on all your equips + some Crystals. You have to understand there's levels of players in this game and its not all a your level.

11. EnvyNox

But how are you supposed to protect your grind spot? or let alone yourself vs toxic players. I constantly get fed to mobs and pushed out of my rotation.

Saruki likes this.
  12. zhagsten

Play dead.

13. magret

does it mimic the smell?

zhagsten likes this.
  14. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Zahlem and Shimoyaki like this.
  15. EnvyNox

I can’t play something I already am UwU

Saruki likes this.
  16. Feyrill

Feyrill Hashashin 62 EU

Whatever class you play, if you really want to protect your spot then you have to master the class and gear up yourself. But there is no secret that Shai is the weakest class in PvP, which means that even if you want to fight against them or protect yourself, you'll have lot of dreamless nights. Why? Because she is weak in PvP compared to others, so if you encounter with a Mystic, Sorcerer or Ninja/Kuno even if they have lower gear, you'll have a hard time with them simply because your skills isn't for that kind of fight at all, not like theirs. It's not your role. Your role is to support your team and stay behind the curtains as much as you can. This is something what really rarely change when you play a support character while others are made for PvP so hard.

You can get into fights to try to learn something and figure out how you should use the Shai in PvP, but all of us know it's cons of these confrontation. I'm not the master of the class, however the basics are usually the same. Being able to keep the distance, get know your enemy, good timing, patience, avoid their attacks, try to see the situations from their own perspective (which is a very good way to "predict" what they'll plan to do next, and you can prepare for that) and hit them back if you got the chance. Both of you are humans, with ego and usually imperfect reflexes and such, everything you have is to evolve yourself and try to use their mistakes against them. Of course, with a Shai, it seems a bit different than in most of classes' case, but do you like challenges? (or Hi! I'm a Shai, welcome to Jackass!)

Three other option might help you in this case:
    1. Try to team up with stronger people (friends, guild members) which means they'll protect you, and you can support them if other players attacks you.
    2. Try to grind when most of people are sleeping or working. The best time for this is between 2-5AM.
    3. Avoid crowded servers
    Bonus: You might attempt to invite the person you've encounter on your spot with asking him to join in party. It won't work all the time, but not everyone is able to protect themselves either, so it might give them a small amount of "sense of safety".

If you can't fight, you have to adapt to the situation based on your potentials. Fight isn't always the solution, but if they can't see you, they can't attack you, right?

#16 Feyrill, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Smileybones likes this.
  17. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

thats just the type of class shai is..
    you will need to build up your evasion (sadly they keep buffing evasion) but if you get enough of it you will just get left alone
    also dont try to grind spots thats out of your gs range

18. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

grind with friends, oh wait...