1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shai is horrible

Discussion in 'Shai' started by xele, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

And bette pve to be honest.

If you just use RMB its boring but i'm barly doing it. It is a lot more fun using all 4 skills while cancel there animations, its fast and fluent. Mobility is above avarage too. Who can sprint in combat mode anyway?

2. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

Guys, Got my shai on 60 in 1,5 days.
    Love her , she is the best class for solo pve. Give her 261ap with kutum and the NEW stars end weapon. If the awa give her more buffs, she will be a pve monster.

#62 Dirty Djago, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Maginha and Vanraven like this.
  3. BiSuu

Problem is , you cannot kill anybody , so you are gonna be kick out of any grind spot.

4. woots

I dont only use rmb, hum ;)
    She is still boring because there is nothing really smooth, it feel pretty rigid, nor a variety between her skills like a kuno or Lahn
    ( Lahn is imho the most well made class for that part where you can chain a lot of skills, even from mainhand - awakening in a very natural way )

All class can sprint in combat mode ? xD but since i mainly play kuno & lahn ( had a great time with mystic till they broke her to death ), well used to since i didnt played for so many months ( guess i was bored enough to re-install BDO ) mobility is meh.

Still not a bad class, just so straight forward that its not really entertaining to play other than to grab the 500k,
    I mean, fighting the IA sandbag in BDO is straight boring , even boss fight are very meh due to a very clunky to manage CC + below average decent fight clarity. The only moment where BDO "shine" will depend on how nice your class is to fight with.
    And for that point Shai isnt that much greater than the witch, just more enjoyable in his boring way.

But as i said, since she deal lot of damage in pve that's "fine"

#64 woots, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  5. yukishiro1

It's an example of truly terrible and lazy class design. Put in virtually no effort at all on a few lame faceroller skills...then just make them all do huge damage to make up for it!

6. Xephie

yet she can't pvp so she is basically a target.

7. Foo

Foo

Guess you can choose to play any of the other classes instead if she doesn't take your fancy

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

seems like a rocket ship compared to.... well, some other classes ;D

9. MufasaDidNothingWrong

She does respectable damage pve but overall the gameplay is just really rough , not fun and clunky.
    They can probably remove some of the animation locks and reduce her damage a bit and she would be more fun to play.
    She excel at grouping and killing groups of tough monsters but moving pack to pack is really annoying as shes quite stamina hungry movement-wise and the hitbox of some skills feel really janky.
    Also long wind up animation kills the fast pace action combat.
    Since she isnt getting any damaging skill or any awakening at all , just a "pseudo awakening" , they should polish her normal skill sets more and make it smoother.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Stabby

lolwut? reduce her damage? r u crazy? And stop speculating about her awakened. You don't know.

11. Noctemis

As I tested (Star End, Aakman and Hystria), she needs dmg from Absolutes for being good grinder. She do pretty well with lower DP because her HP pool and her sustain, and yes, excels when she stack big monsters, but, atm, she lacks in terms of dmg to be a competitive class in PVE compared to other classes, being atm a mid-low tier class.

Cons:
    -She lacks in CCs, so, in spots like aakman, you will be CCd a ton
    -She lacks in good SAs. For PVE our best SA is a skill that do shitty dmg and has a looong animation (Shift + RMB)
    -0 downattacks and air attacks (Not worth CC the enemies in Star end)
    -Her weapons eat a ton of durability (because the number of hits on her skills)
    -She has troubles to stack mobs properly. We doesnt have a good block and we have to move a lot because how our skills hitbox works.
    -Atm, her CDs for utility skills are stupidly long (Fake death 6 min CD and Bubble 4 min CD and AP buff is pretty meh).
    -Her iframe and SA on dash and roll feels so useless because server desyncs and you will be catched during animations...
    -And dont forget that 1vs1 we are useless. The only you can do is Build as a DP meme and CC with LMB + RMB and kick the enemy several times. DP debuff and deal hits until break the enemy armor lol

Shai atm without absolutes and awakening is in a weird spot.

#71 Noctemis, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Kuts2, o0ABC0o and Ubbles like this.
  12. nolasigns

Wow, im surprised to come here to the forums and not see any nerds not figure it out already.

She has hidden stuff. Keep playing with her. She has a hidden feature, that I think is what the deal were talking about when they said she will have special ability to survive in the world .

Blew me away.

13. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Can you please care to develop/explain?
    I'm sorry but I might not be nerd enough to figure this out. :x

14. nolasigns

The explaining part could be problematic, for me. It takes working a fluid roll with her mouse button attacks and movements with her Sprint deal, aiming for a momentum snapback, like motion I guess.

Over all staying in an endless attack, motion, it had progressive effects if you can keep it rolling.

15. MufasaDidNothingWrong

Her numbers are pretty bonker if you actually take a look at them.

It's just that the damage is really split because of her animations and weird skill hitbox so you dont feel like she does alot of damage.

If you manage to hit the sweet spot where her boomerang stay a bit longer during the animation look at the mobs HP bar go down really really fast while most of the time you barely get off 2 or 3 hits of the x30 max hit or not hitting anything at all due to ping + weird boomerang spin hit box = no damage registered

Can argue that the class require skill and learning to play but im all for them reducing her damage multiplier and give better consistency plus smooth animation for her attacks.

16. WinterMilla

Wait why would you reduce her dmg? The only thing she has is medicore pvp skills. In her awking they aren't adding in AP so she will stuck with just pre-awking for dmg. Hey movement isn't the best but kinda ok. Some of her hit boxes and animations don't line up. Her support skills are good but take forever to use due to all the CD on them. She has no PVP dmg do all she can do is break your armor and pray you don't have pots.

I would say she needs more dp and some dmg to players that more than 5%.

17. Auxey

W+F gives you attack speed

18. MufasaDidNothingWrong

If they actually make the animation consistent and you can get most of the hit off her skills it those huge multiplier per hit gonna be a problem for pve balancing.
    When i say reduced i didnt mean totally gut her multipliers just reduce them a bit.
    Like how you can typically hit 4-5 hits off 30+ max hits make it so you can hit like 10-20 of them but reduce her multiplier from 600%~ to like 350-500% is still fair

19. WinterMilla

We should reduce her to anything as she would be nothing at that point. The only person she is really competing with is tamer and kuno. Even then they do better than her.

20. MufasaDidNothingWrong

I feel like you dont read my posts at all aside from the word "reduce" to get pissy about so im gonna stop here.