1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai's Got Talent - Community Vote

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 11, 2020.

?

Vote for your 3 favorites!

Poll closed Jun 17, 2020.
  1. Azminek

3.5%
  2. AprilRain

27.9%
  3. Ariel_Leki

6.5%
  4. CombatPlaye

1.1%
  5. Ravens_Song

9.4%
  6. Efei_Chordinator

1.5%
  7. TheOok

47.1%
  8. Sankari

1.6%
  9. EIysian

3.0%
  10. Jinoro

2.5%
  11. Mydum

2.6%
  12. Kishigai

2.1%
  13. Krauser028

2.2%
  14. Auroreus

1.7%
  15. Lucifs

2.2%
  16. Lunaira

3.6%
  17. Aias

7.1%
  18. McWarren

6.4%
  19. NeoNoodle

4.4%
  20. Pontaria

2.0%
  21. SayNet

2.7%
  22. Zehennagel

1.9%
  23. TheWeakling

13.8%
  24. Titanbrace

1.5%
  25. Wakanaay

1.9%
  26. Ayaya

12.8%
  27. Xenkie

1.9%
  28. Zoobles

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ben Phoenix

It's not that you make a physical or mental effort if you quote a long post, it doesn't really matter how long a post is when you reply... You put more effort when you edit a post I would say -______-

2. Deviouscape

I hate visual clutter, when trying to reply and having to look at a giant wall of text someone else wrote kinda gets in my way, i'm not a veteran forum user like you gents so the only way i know to make the point that i'm talking to X is to quote them, if its too long for my tastes i shorten it but the receiving user should understand its them i'm talking to. As for outside context I honestly believe no one else gives a s*** about the argument me and another person are having so the context of their full response probably doesn't matter. Like seriously we're arguing on the bdo forums about a music contest for a UwU title we can drop the act we're all kind of idiots.

3. Ben Phoenix

Quoting someone's post is how you usually do when you want to reply to a specific post. You could also simply mention a user typing @ before their name, in that way you are giving a more a generic response.

About giving a s*** about someone else's discussions well, people often follow other discussions so, quoting everything might be important. I'm not saying you have to, of course. You aren't the first person here who edits their interlocutor's posts.

#303 Ben Phoenix, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  4. JP_Bugs

Now this is what's up! I hope some of us can find each other in game and collaborate.

FakeUni, Kishigai, Jinoro and 2 others like this.
  5. Ben Phoenix

Jeez, your portrait is disturbing ;P

Kishigai and Jinoro like this.
  6. JP_Bugs

Where we fit in a retro RPG:

Azminek - that small moment where something bad happened and someone is sad

AprilRain - the final dungeon theme. Nuff said

Ariel_Leki - theme for that bizarre side world/dungeon you need to jump through hoops to get to

CombatPlaye - overworld map theme leaving the first town or whatever

Ravens_Song - the opening vid theme / intro screen theme that hooks players in

Efei_Chordinator – major town theme, important to the plot

TheOok – alternate overworld travel, like with a choc.... well, something

Sankari – character theme for the little one who's way more OP than it looks

Elysian – midgame boss music where you wonder if the sprite artist dropped acid

Jinoro – dread theme... something's coming as soon as you press the X button

Mydum (mine) – definitely a minigame where you're running around a lot and getting frustrated

Kishigai – small village theme where the NPCs have nothing relevant to say

Krauser028 – the big reveal theme, given by an NPC on a little pier somewhere on the map

Auroreus – character theme for the person who's destined to be a hero

Lucifs – theme for the castle where you need to meet the king/queen for a plot hook

Lunaira – mysterious forest of faerie magic theme

Aias – character theme for the mysterious, adventurous, perhaps dark/broody cool guy

McWarren – that holy place where the hero gets a class upgrade or a superpowered plot device

Neo Noodle – character theme for the (normally female) party healer

Pontaria – town theme where you start the game and you never hear the song again and wonder why

SayNet – the fateful boss music

Zehennagel – the final boss music

TheWeakling – end credits music where you reflect on everything before starting NewGame+

Titanbrace – a house in town where you recruit your third party member

Wakanaay – basic battle theme at x1.5 speed

Ayaya – area theme before the final dungeon / point of no return that ends the plot part of the plot

Xenkie – character theme for the trusty sidekick

Zooblies – the shop theme! Did you think I'd get through the list without it?

Pontaria, WeeWow, Cresctia and 6 others like this.
  7. Ben Phoenix

Love it.

[​IMG]

JP_Bugs likes this.
  8. FakeUni

I feel like you just made the ultimate playlist for the ultimate DnD campaign.

I can feel the ambiance around every corner

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  9. Shilo

I want to preface this by saying this isn't a personal attack on FakeUni, and that I believe any participant caught with similar actions would face the same level of scrutiny.

However, I want to elucidate to him how many in the community could view his actions at best as unsporting and at worst undermining the integrity of the competition rules.

When people first hear of a contest based on song submissions the majority would likely initially think that the best song would win.
    This mindset is understandable and although taste in music is subjective people would tend to agree that there are certain arrangements that would register as more pleasing to the majority than others.
    I feel this is where a large portion of peoples outrage comes from, the fact that in their view the song wasn't selected for being the best but more so due to the influence the creator had over the voting process.

As you have challenged people multiple times, I do believe part is at fault with the contest designs but that does not exonerate you from your conscious decisions.

There are many ways you could have still secured your "w" using your fan base and still avoided scrutiny.
    For example simply creating an informational video on how to vote without asking for preferential treatment, wouldn't have generated such a negative discourse, you are fully aware how your viewers are likely to vote, they would be loyal, especially seeing as they would have accessed the voting portal through your content.

I am going to breakdown why the average person could not have won with this strategy regardless of talent, by 'asking guild mates' etc.
    As of current the video asking for viewers to vote for your submission sits at 1770 Views with a 45% positive reception.
    Through this channel alone you can extrapolate 800 views came from people more supportive of your content than concerned by how you obtain votes.
    There is evidence throughout this thread you asked in discord also, but as I am not a member of your community I cannot guess the outreach on that platform.

For an average player: The largest guild size on BDO is around 100 players. The mean online social media circle is around 300 followers, so if every single person close to that entrant supported them you could expect 400 positive views.

Nor do I think that alt boosting is possible, even with the free passes, you had to play each account multiple hours to receive the pass or at the bare minimum remember to use consistent different ips for each account to avoid detection from the CM team who are aiming to prevent this months ahead of knowing this contest would take place. (Besides it would take 100hours to reach even 1/5 the votes of first place)

In regards to people complaining about injustice or not prior to this round of judging. Personally I noticed early on a streamer was participating and had a chuckle with a friend, 'Who'd ya think is gunna win now,' but people tend not to voice outrage until the point it is actually affecting things, the second stage of the contest.

I'd also like to add that if you look through the entry thread for this contest, the number of eligible entries that were neither plagiarised, improperly formatted, or completely dissonant just hoping for the collection scroll, is only a fraction larger than the selected entries, so although most are very good, it isn't the mark of an incredible artist deserving the 'w'.

And even if it was, who are you to decide that being narrowed to 1/30 means you are completely deserving of first place, this discounts everyone else's hard work.

So how do people beat you? Some who were outraged could unify behind a particular artist to 'dethrone' you, but how many people who put in hard work would willingly step aside? And would that contest be fair either?
    If you look at AprilRain's votes, a large number of the other entrants voted for her, so it is unlikely that she drafted huge numbers of illegitimate votes but more so people enjoyed her entry.

The third entries are joint with 94 votes each, and their legitimacy is not in question?

I am not saying nobody liked your entry for its musical merit, but how can anyone tell when the water is so muddied by fans, many of which expressed opinions suggesting it didn't matter what content you put out. For example on the most recent post on your youtube page a viewer states. 'Imagine people being mad at "fans" for voting lol. As if we wouldnt have without the video anywho. :KekW:'

People expect a small amount of begging in a popularity contest, and if you had asked just your guild this wouldn't have flared up, as that is a platform everyone has access to. Your subscriber count eclipses the concurrent peak steam players, and with many stating they'd vote for you no matter what, how is that a level playing field.

I think a lot of people are feeling outrage because AprilRain was #1 in the polls until you noticed this and appealed to your much larger fan base to correct this.

And until there is proof of other entrants behaving dishonestly your defences are speculation.

I do believe the contest could have been run differently, but I also think the CMs didn't foresee all this drama kicking off.
    An anonymised contest entry system, disqualifying people who announce which to vote for could work for example.
    I understand why the CMs chose a community vote, as taste is subjective and they are designed to collate a wide range of opinions, however they are unfortunately in this state open to exploitation, and I believe at multiple stages you actively chose to exploit that.

10. Aseekia

[QUOTE = "RainnellLynnMitarius, Beitrag: 2508703, Mitglied: 150142"] At this point? People should just drop it. The streamer will obviously win and there is nothing that can be changed. He followed the rules and honestly? Kakao would lose face if they subjected themselves to changing the rules[/ QUOTE]

fom wich c64 game or 70-80 comic series he got his music ... know the melody but cant remember no copyright hmm ok but part of another artist, dont know.. this contest is like a sad movi. let them win and take his .. how he said.. uwu titel to be lucky ...

my vote goes to the titel with only four tunes ;) at first i was wondering about the vote that this 4 tune song. but now he got my vote xD

#310 Aseekia, Jun 14, 2020
  11. Ben Phoenix

They should have cause this isn't the first time. They should have.

Shilo and Jinoro like this.
  12. Kishigai

Fair enough xD

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  13. Zimtblog

Too bad I would have liked more solidarity from the GM's, so that something doesn't come about.
    My votes went to AprilRain and TheWeakling.
    upload_2020-6-14_16-21-12.png

#313 Zimtblog, Jun 14, 2020
    Jinoro likes this.
  14. ZooblesDoobles

I like how the cool unique title will now be tainted because of a rigged contest

i hope the other titles get cool colours (would only be fair for the other contestants that dont have a community of their own)

#314 ZooblesDoobles, Jun 14, 2020
    Nano desu and Jinoro like this.
  15. GiveUAllOfMe

I agree most of your opinions. But I got a little bit confused, according to what you said, first entry, third entry and fourth entry are in question of thier legitimacy or maybe anyone who got over 50 votes supposed to have to be in question? But not AprilRain because "more so people enjoyed his music" even he got closed to 200 votes. What kind logic is that?

Since you mentioned about numbers of the video view, FakeUni has 31k followers but his video got 2.5k+ views, and our AprilRain got 1.4k views although he only has 70 followers, could you please explain why is this happening if that's not AprilRain's good work on propagandizing? Or people just randomly come and click AprilRain's video and say oh this is so nice and give him a vote and ditch other compositions? You know people would usually like to choose maybe top5 to watch first if they know the result before they vote. So in this case may I guess people just come and vote for him and watch his video only just like FakeUni's fan does?

By the way, the number of views of majority of compositions are around 300-700, third one Ayaya got 890+, I guess it is still reasonable. But how do you explain 1.4k views of AprilRain? I know it may sound ridiculous, if you calculate the proportion, does it mean AprilRain should have around 19.3k followers compared to FakeUni?

One last thing you need to know, AprilRain is a he not she, you should realise if you do enough research on our participants, and please don't ever use she if you don't know someone's gender. Referenced to this video at 2:16

#315 GiveUAllOfMe, Jun 14, 2020
  16. Ben Phoenix

Let @April Rain decide if the fact that someone thought he was a female is such a big deal. People are often wrong about users' gender here and usually no one gets offended because of that.

FairlyEnjoyable and Jinoro like this.
  17. Marzipan Stan

There is a grammatically standard way of approaching such a situation (use "they"), but I really do wonder if either of you is concerned about that

18. Ben Phoenix

I actual am and I use the grammatically standard way of approaching such a situation. Fact is that most of people usually don't mind and don't take it personally cause there's no intention whatsoever from other people to misunderstand your gender in order to offend you. This is such a sterile polemic, not to mention that it's out of place. Relax folks.

19. Shilo

GiveUAllOfMe

Sorry about the She, He, thing I probably should have said they.

In regards to what you are posting about, What I meant by questioning the number of votes 3rd-4th had was in particular reference to what FakeUni Was saying.

He commented that there is no way AprilRain could have legitimately recieved X number of votes. Being completely honest I have no idea who has 'legit' votes or not but to say that specifically '2nd must be cheating too because they reached this number' like he commented a few times is fairly ludicrous.
    What I meant was, that just because there were many entrants with fairly high votes, where do you draw the line that anyone above X is cheating and anyone below X is not.

I like your theory that people check out the top posts first, it is completely plausible, although they would have to vote to see who was at the top first then not vote.

In regards to AprilRain having inflated viewing figures. I don't know where they were at before this drama, so it could be possible it was inflated by this drama, it could be possible that they were gained through self promotion, it could be possible they honestly were the best song, as I have no proof, I can merely speculate on that.

My only explanation for AYAYA is a bit tenuous, but that's a twitch meme, so people might think its funny then click view.

My commentary was simply there is no proof that anyone else is being illegitimate, the data is odd though, but there is bucket loads of proof FakeUni intentionally steered his viewership in this direction.

I doubt anything will come of this, and whether that was acceptable conduct, honestly is up to the CMs, I mostly am stating why I think these people are '****ing sore losers, Lonely saddos, and a Shai Saltmine.' As Uni constantly ranted for up to 3 hours on and off on stream, whilst using a twitch bot to bring people to his voting link.

Nano desu, Ruin and Jinoro like this.
  20. MikeyMutz

I think this drama has boosted her views since she is in 2nd place, and at this point i think people aren't choosing what music they like more i think it's more of a choice at this point if you agree with what has happened or you don't. People might click her video since they dont agree with whats happened just to see if she made something good and if its good probably voted for her all the voting will be skewed now not just fakes since at this point you got those who agree with this and those that don't.

Personally i voted for her because she made something good. I also voted for 2 other people since i watched everyones videos.