1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai's Got Talent - Winners

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Servantes, Jun 17, 2020.

1. CM Servantes

Community Manager

[​IMG]

Greetings adventurer,

It's been amazing to listen to all your wonderful creations and to discover so many talents in the BDO community!

The final community voting phase for the Shai's Got Talent contest has come to its end and now it is time to show the top 9 winner list:

- 1st Prize -

TheOok

- 2nd Prize -

AprilRain

TheWeakling

Ayaya

- 3rd Prize -

Zoobles

Ravens_Song

Aias

Ariel_Leki

McWarren

upload_2020-6-17_13-58-20.png

upload_2020-6-17_14-8-46.png

Thank you to all who participated in the contest and to those who took the time to vote. The rewards for both winners and eligible participants will be sent during next week's maintenance (June 24th).

We are always willing to improve and offer you the best possible content. This means that for future community contests we will take into consideration your current feedback and comments about our contests.

Congratulations to all participants and see you in the next contest!

- BDO Team

#1 CM Servantes, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2020
    Lillesofie and Andaro like this.
  2. JustAWeeb

What a surprise.

3. Happy_Buns

No one will join these trash contests anymore, you had the chance to fix it, but you lost it.

This gives an example of how you can just be a total digback and still win.

You just lost many paying customers.

4. Dezmon

This contest in six letters or one word.
    R
    I
    G
    G
    E
    D

ManlyBeard, Quinra and Jinoro like this.
  5. Nano desu

Nano desu McWarren EU

Happy to be here in the top 9, still gz for people who put some effort in their music.

Hope next time you'll not put any community vote in this kind of contest, that will be a bit more fair & more rewarding for contestants !
    Or maybe give a little reward for voting (like 30 crons or 10 memory frag or whatever...), BDO Community will probably be more interested for voting in that case.

I'll add somethings more, I think, in my opinion 30 contestants (approximately 1.15 mins by video), it's quite a lot, and people probably don't want waste like 30 mins to watch every videos then vote.

You should hide numbers of votes & % too, 'cause in this case, people will be influenced easier.
    I mean automatically as a random people you'll prefer watch, first video where you have more votes ( it's partially psychological ). Cause normally, that's mean, it's very good content.

#5 Nano desu, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    GioRgSaVv, Ben Phoenix and Jinoro like this.
  6. Orodriel

BWAHAHAH! lost many paying customers over a **** contest? don't be ****ing stupid, what a little crybaby ***** over an in game title, 1412 ppl voted in the contest and thats from NA and EU servers combined, cos im from eu, half of those may or may not buy value packs, 300 of that half voted for fakeuni and hardly ANY of the people who actually play BDO dont give a flying **** over this contest, so sorry to say but your statement means nothing.

GioRgSaVv likes this.
  7. ZooblesDoobles

reminder to not participate in "community vote" contests, my first time and last.

fakeuni couldve made a one note song and still win

#7 ZooblesDoobles, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. Orodriel

i dont know why you would want to participate in them anyway, look at the rewards you get xD thats why only a tiny drop in the ocean of ppl that play bdo dont care enough about them to stop their grinding for progression to even care about these 'contests'

9. Aysnvaust

congratulations to the winners and FakeUni.

10. Meme Queen

This contest was totally unfair. FakeUni had a nice song, but it was subpar compared to most others. This wasn't a talent contest, but a popularity one. Putting this in the hands of the community made Uni the winner from the very start. But congratulations to everyone regardless.

11. FakeUni

Incorrect - that wouldnt make staff picks.

GG to everyone - feel amazing about yourselves for being 30 people chosen out of many players that play this game. It was a pleasure to converse with many of those who chose to wear their heads high and remain a good sport while delivering great criticism for another contest in the future. I look forward to seeing you guys again!

---

Lastly - I won with 300+ votes
    2nd place had 200+ votes (nearly doubling 3rd)

Maybe if I won by 1,000+ votes I could see the problem. This was a close one! GG to everyone.

Diabir likes this.
  12. Nano desu

Nano desu McWarren EU

Yo bro, you're totally wrong on one point, there were not 1400+ votes, but there were like 500 votes. It was 3 votes max by people. So that's mean like 370 vote for this streamer and some others around. Between 500 & 600 votes for NA + EU.. That's totally nothing. Reason why I said too something about rewarding vote system.

13. Ben Phoenix

Gratz to the winners.

Jinoro and Nano desu like this.
  14. Deviouscape

Big shoutout to Fakeuniforms twitch viewers and youtube subs, they really earned this one. Honorable mention to fakeuni for acting like a mature adult and bdo partner and not lashing out at people and acting like an angry defensive child.

15. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Maybe in the future don’t let BDO PARTNERS participate. Just like you wouldn’t let a GM participate. They have too much influence.
    The moment Fake BEGGED for votes from his community, he lost my respect, sadly.

“please please please please please please”.

16. GiveUAllOfMe

Somebody was right about it, CMs do not give a sh*t about your fuss at all.

Nano desu, Cresctia and Jinoro like this.
  17. RockslideTattoo

Congrats to Fake, your hours of name-calling on other participants, begging, and justifying yourself why your song deserve to win 1st place finally pays off lol

18. Vanic

Trash publishing company. Can’t wait for PA to take over the publishing rights from you all. We have pepegas for staff members.

ManlyBeard, Nano desu and Jinoro like this.
  19. MikeyMutz

*grabs popcorn again*

20. Felgod

For my next trick, I'll make the hundreds from the "BDO community" that voted suddenly.....disappear from the forums!
    *wiggles fingers*
    ~~~~~~~~~~magic noises~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinoro likes this.