1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai's outfits are censored

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DosonTheGreat, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DosonTheGreat

Can't believe the devs decided to cave to perpetually offended whiners and censor the Shai class. She's practically wearing a burqa when you try to do body edit, can't see a thing. Then you look at her costume and she has giant spats down past her knees. Looks tacky as hell. Can't show the knees! Knees so lewd! Are we really so sensitive now in the west that we can't show knees on a video game character?

MADE, Shuusaku, Floatnhi and 15 others like this.
  2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Whats worse is you complaining about not being able to see the body of a childlike creature.

Rakkis, Diliskar, Kaobi and 113 others like this.
  3. Amra

This is creepy

4. DosonTheGreat

What worse is you people are the one's sexualizing this character. If people are turned on by seeing a little girl's knees then they need professional help. Try not to project too hard.

Reaction Formation: the tendency of a repressed wish or feeling to be expressed at a conscious level in a contrasting form.

Detrix, Jena, msiren and 18 others like this.
  5. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Maybe try and not look at a little girls knee?
    Maybe you should not play shai at all after this post.
    Maybe, also don’t get kids.
    Maybe.

Rakkis, GreyRebel, Gecko9 and 23 others like this.
  6. DosonTheGreat

I agree. The devs obviously found this character to be sexually alluring and felt the need to censor. I wouldn't suggest doing business with a company that has such corrupt morals.

Hr1s7i and Aelisah like this.
  7. Jaeger

I think you want to kidding us...you have a problem dude and i mean it seriously

Rakkis, Gecko9, Rhainstorm and 21 others like this.
  8. DosonTheGreat

Nice. Attack someone's character if they have a wrong opinion or dare say anything bad about something you like. Unless you're a typical pedo who likes to accuse others of that which you are guilty.

Now that's you if you are defending censorship of any form. Don't come crying to me when everything you like starts getting censored as censorship becomes more socially acceptable. You even have censorship of fully adult women these days on steam, and as these companies control most of distribution it won't end well for the consumer.

#8 DosonTheGreat, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
  9. Narcosis

Yep, I logged into character creation and saw the same. It's actually quite hilarious, because with those silly pajamas there's no way to even see the body you're supposed to "edit". For as long as I remember, I always perceived Shai as completely charming and innocent beings, rather than precocious little gals, I have no idea what actually drove Kakao to do this. Meanwhile, people will still edit the game files and install the nude mod regardless and you won't stop them from doing so.

I'm dumbfounded by this blatant censorship. I was hopeful that - for once - we will manage to avoid controversy that oftentimes comes with such characters on the west. The addition of Shai became sort of an excuse for me to return to BDO after a long absence. Sadly, I don't condone this kind of behaviour on par of our publisher and as such, won't be playing the game.

Gumihoyah, Floatnhi, msiren and 4 others like this.
  10. Jaeger

I dont care about censorship and mostly not of childish looking chars.

Rakkis and Factorial like this.
  11. reconkangas

I am not surprised that somone is a complete creeper that you would want to adjust portions of a child like class char..

Were not sexualizing it you are THB maybe get a bag of candy to go with the white mini van you own.. I guess you also drive around elementary schools for kicks complaining about seeing there legs?!?!?!

the word pedo comes to mind...

12. Nelyvia

The pedo is you right there
    complaining because you cant put your shai in underwear, just plain creep

Rakkis, Gecko9, Rhainstorm and 17 others like this.
  13. DosonTheGreat

Wow first sensible response.
    Yeah, I was like "ok guess I'll edit body. Wtf how am i supposed to edit this? Is this censored?"
    Censoring body in game is one thing, but let us at least see wtf we are doing in the character creator.

Floatnhi, cloj and Ehellem like this.
  14. NotMoroku

Every time I come to this forum I lose IQ. I don't know why censorship is so damn important. It's pixels for christs sake. People are just so ****ing sensitive now.

This is why we can't have nice things.

15. Ateena

Imaging being so condescending when it comes to pixels. Are you one of those guys in UN who tried to ban lolicon ? lol
    Also you explicitly used the term "childlike creature". childlike...creature. So it's not a child, neither it's a human.
    So quit being such a moral ... :)

16. DosonTheGreat

Somebody wants to edit their character's size makes them a pedo? Ok... Wow so many repressed, closeted, projecting pedos in this thread.

17. NotMoroku

They also did this in TERA so you would buy lewd outfits for the Elin race. So in reality, the company still wins cause now everyone hates the "censored" underwear and they will be more willing to buy the cashshop ones.

Just saying.

18. DosonTheGreat

lol I wonder if I can post that here? His name is Peter Newell. He helped form "The Right Of The Child." An initiative in the UN to push for the censored of children in entertainment media. He was arrested for assaulting 5 minors. There are several others like him, which is why reaction formation is a running joke in the anti-censorship community.

19. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Y’all are sad cus PA gives as little as possible space for pedophiles and y’all are hurt? Yet I AM the pedo? Get real
    The world doesn’t revolve around your feelings. Go play Tera if you want Elin type classes.
    Go customise its face. That’s all you need.

#19 Nagasaki, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Rakkis, Dudeskio, Remaint and 9 others like this.
  20. Ateena

lmao, not even mad, but you seem pretty invested in it.
    If looking at "childlike creatures" makes you pedo then shooting people in video games or slaughtering them with an axe makes you a psychotic murderer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.