1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai's outfits are censored

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DosonTheGreat, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravure

Many years ago we as a community of gamers decided that games are art..It has always been well established that the censorship of art in any form is regressive,reductive,irresponsible and authoritarian and this in turn now applies to video games. Censoring video games isn't going to stop whichever action you are hoping to stop, the people who will abuse children will continue to exist till the time where we can isolate and change the genetic disposition manually.
    Till then we must not succumb to the easy path of censorship and should strive to realize and accept that just because something may upset you or offend your sensibilities it still has the right to exist. Unless proven to cause harm or incite other to cause harm. And to that affect no one has given proof that the shai in any iteration will cause or incite others to commit heinous crimes.

2. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Yeah, then we can all watch this drama unfold yet again, quality entertainment for everyone lol jk. In seriousness, I think it was the smart choice because what can be clearly seen here. Western, more conservative ideals make a valid point too, in that Shai + the "sexualization" of her must be taken with careful consideration. Westerners have different values than Eastern, and I think PA is doing their best to find the best middle ground for everyone.

I would have :/

But Shai isn't "censored" in the traditional sense, the OP just threw that word in out of tilt, it seems. There are no black rectangles covering her body parts, or blurry pixels. She just has more/longer underwear garments in customization than the other female characters. Couldn't that be considered part of her "art-style" as well? I mean, Shai is an "innocent" character after all, if you read the lore, it often describes her alongside personality traits that are akin to children; ie: curiosity, speech and attitude, so, couldn't it be perceivable that Shai choose to wear covered up underoos because of her "innocence"?

#322 PeaceInChaos, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
    Ѧ| Chaotic and Fateneko like this.
  3. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

If that was the case then they wouldnt have release pyjamas right on top of her actual underwear. Editing her body is a chore becouse you simply cannot see the the blue mark if you click on it.

If they were doing their best, then they wouldnt have made such horrible clothing on a character that is wearing a knee-high skirt on her outfits.

Attached Files:

4. Meso

This is true, but the way they went about it, it causes issues with outfits like dress's with part of that censored clothing showing with the outfit. Like say you are wearing a knee high dress, and now you just have these white pants poking out the bottom of them. Now dye that dress, and understand just how bad it looks.

Also i am curious if cash shop underwear is going to replace what is there, or just sit over it lmao

Edit: quoted wrong person, had to fix :^)

#324 Meso, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Kevlyn likes this.
  5. DosonTheGreat

No, because they literally censored the outfits from what is in the global lab and Korean version, with terrible copy-paste spats that descend below her knees, don't change color based on the outfits, appear to be a reskin of the pajama bottoms, and are imo an insult and ruin some of the outfits. Not to mention they tried to pull a fast one and not say anything, misrepresenting what was advertised.

Kevlyn and Narcosis like this.
  6. PeaceInChaos

They chose to be as modest as they could, looks like. Deters against upskirt camera angles :P

7. Vihar

for that mid-thigh high pjs would have been good enough too xP

Zelxski and PeaceInChaos like this.
  8. PeaceInChaos

I'm sure the devs are being careful with the Western version, because, Western ideals are generally much different than East. Have you tried submitting a ticket of complaint? I'd be really interested to see what they say about this decision. To me, it doesn't affect my personal experience with the class and customization, but I can only really speak for myself if I'm trying to be 100% honest.

Fateneko likes this.
  9. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

Significantly better than what they gave us. Shorts exist for a reason.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  10. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Oh you might have missed it, but this is what's bugging me the most.
    Shleg.jpg
    This is not the end of the world but this is kinda over censoring there.
    I don't understand why they didnt simply give her some bubble shorts, it would cover the bumcracks with a poopbag and thus remove any possible sexualization. And the outfits' legs wouldn't be ruined.

As for the belly and editing shape, I do admit it was a little uncomfortable to edit because the pijamas texture sucks (not that I edited a lot anyways xD) but in all honesty... I don't care.
    I would mind a grey doll to edit the shape though.
    But then It's not like people ever get to see their undies anyways, unless they really want to.
    I myself easily forget about their existence but then Im not denying some peoples might care about this feature more than I do.

If I come to think about it and imagine what players with naughty intentions can do with the original undergarments in the game, I'm just imagining them getting inside their homes and press a button to reveal their undies?
    And then what? There is no sex animations or naked bodies. So it will ultimately be fetishism? (I'm pretty sure fetishism can extended to almost everything so does that make it viable?).
    Then let's say those are two people doing ERP. Well... isn't it basically just text looking at each other's characters standing stupidly? I don't know lol, it sounds so lame as I'm typing this x"D
    But If they are fine with those kind of interactions, I'm not sure they'd really care about being in undies or not (I'm speculating!).

So yeah I'm kinda neutral on the subject because it might be useless censoring but then it doesn't really matter if they keep it censored, especially if it calms down people from worrying so much.

Lasty likes this.
  11. Meso

Something like those would of been better. But sadly they took the laziest, least thought out approach.

12. magret

probably replace.
    In vindictus you start with this kind of underwear that ruins every cute outfit, to boosts the underwear sales IMO.
    maybe here it's to give a rationalization to people as to why they will be buying kids underwear, as if the +1 luck wasn't enough.

But see, new generation will have to father auto-wiping kids or die in shame and risk arousing to be able to provide basic hygiene to them...
    They sure will need a lot of real concrete excuses for spending fashion money on this char.

DosonTheGreat likes this.
  13. DosonTheGreat

Imagine dying ur outfit a dark color. Now that would look pretty garbage. Censorship is usually low effort, not done by the original artists. remember when 4kids did that? replace onigiri with subs, replace cigarette with lolipop. Who cares?!?! Doesn't affect the story right? Absurd nonsense!

HAHA! That would be funny!
    "Pay us to unlock non-censored version." F Uuuuuuuuuu!

#333 DosonTheGreat, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  14. Sugerkiss

are we really going debate over seeing a little girls legs or not

Alrunia likes this.
  15. Meso

Can't go to beach's or swimming pools either, maybe not even outside during the summer. All the kids running around yah know?
    But seriously yeah, i am hoping that is the case, at least for my GF since she wants to main Shai, but is really unhappy with the censorship right now.

Kevlyn and magret like this.
  16. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

First, read the topic, understand the argument, then come back and comment over it. Idiot. Literally the 3 posts above you explaining the actual issue with the opic.

Kevlyn likes this.
  17. Vihar

mh well... ofc i can only speak for myself but to me this thing with her underwear showing from below the outfits is like... socks in sandals or glasses. some people go crazy if they see ppl wearing socks in sandals... that never bothered me. then again i really dont like glasses, other ppl wear them just for looks and not bcz they see bad.

i kinda just dont see how having the legs covered a little less is sexualizing the char in any way or ripping it off its innocent image. then again its all my opinion. its just sad how ppl went all bonkers about it. right now the thread actually starts to be a lot more acceptable

o0ABC0o likes this.
  18. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

Becouse people are sick of such censorship.

If we all accept Shai as she appears to be so far, they will do the same thing for other characters in the future becouse they will believe we actually want these low-effort, pointless censorship.

19. magret

yeah kids are put on earth as an evil tentation to good men. Just hide them, and let the good men out of the cages.
    lolz, reminds me of something, I can't put the finger on it.... ah right that guy who explained to me why I had to sit in the backseat when we were 2 in the car...

20. Meso

I don't get where people were getting other's want to sexualize a char either from just wanting a little less of the legs covered either. It honestly confuses me how some people got that out of the OP or out of a few other posts.

Kevlyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.