1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai's outfits are censored

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DosonTheGreat, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

And I gave a proper answer, didn’t I?
    I’m not going to complain in a game I don’t play, am I? Am I supposed to come into your house telling you how to live when I don’t live there? No. BDO is my house, I complain about the issues of BDO. Not about FF

Factorial and PeaceInChaos like this.
  2. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

we got a censured Version, because of westerm countrie's stable genius gamers.
    Just look in the forum.
    If people behave like kids, they should be handle like kids, period!

#62 Jey, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Chinya, Fateneko, zhagsten and 2 others like this.
  3. Purr

ikr her lore states she is 30 but her race on most cases lives to only 40 so in our terms she would be like.. 75 ish? and yet by alot of these posts becuz she LOOKS underage therefore she IS.. but that would mean by some of these posters logic if an underaged girl LOOKs legal therefore she IS.. and yet that shiz wouldnt hold up in any court. but that is exactly wat these people are saying

4. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

****ing 10/10 dude!

5. Zelxski

Most 13 year olds in my area look older than me. Men out here start with pickup lines like: "hey baby you 18?" xD

6. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

I kinda wish we'd stop focusing on the pedosh!t and go back to the real problem in my opinion.
    The new underwear are a tad too long and visually ruin many of the outfits made for this class.
    They can censore the class all they want but at least do it nicely... :'C
    I'd suggest some kind of grandma frilly bubble shorts as undies. It will cover her bumcrack and won't cover the legs too much... ;__;

7. aethericAnuran

aethericAnuran Shai 59 NA

I think the Shai lore has been revised now since she took her second coming of age ceremony at 30. That either means the Shai have the same or greater lifespans as humans or the numbers have been changed from the Korean version. Valentine was said to be 55 before, now he's 110. I've tried looking for the original text on the Korean site but my Hangul is nonexistent.

8. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

-Shai being censored in char creation is probably an overkill.
    But i ll happily accept an overreaction than no action whatsoever in this case.

What in my opinion is wrong no matter what, is the sexualization that usually comes from the next step with the costumes.
    Sexualizing a character that looks like 10 years old is and will always be wrong.
    Character creation is not a problem. Heels, mini skirts, boobs out and sexy poses these are the disgusting problems.

As with tera, the moment i see this **** happen i am out.

Alrunia, Factorial and Fateneko like this.
  9. Evengelius

Censoring the panties, I really don't give a damn.

But the others outfits, really !?

It's like an overkill before it is being released officially.

People might not want to play it and stick to their classes, since in BDO, cosmetics rules over gameplay.

DosonTheGreat likes this.
  10. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

Surely there is going to be those people again that will create an uncensor. Just as it was for Tera online.

And as I am a lazy person, this is how I ended up perceiving it as well. Her face does not appear child-like to me either, quite the opposite actually.

11. Narcosis

The original assets are there, but someone at Kakao decided they need a swap and instead of original underwear we got one of the assets that were supposed to be the cash shop underwear, afaik. No one cares it ruins the character's original looks. Likewise, we had the same exact silly discussion regarding tamers beforehand. Guess the sjws found themselves a new scapegoat to moan and ***** about.

Ecchi Bunny likes this.
  12. Darlgon

BTW, PA.. the tatoos are useless. Cant see them under the dang Nellie Oleson underwear.

Ecchi Bunny and DosonTheGreat like this.
  13. Asterotis

"Ben and Jerry's Funky Monkey?"

I Am Mother likes this.
  14. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Riiight, I guess we should say thanks Kakao for the free cash shop pajamas lol...

But more seriously, I'm having a hard time picturing what all the fuss is about here.
    The game does not despicite nudity in any form, then how is it sexual?

And now from a consumer perpective, how is it going to be appealing to buy outfits if they get visually ruined by the undergarments?

15. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Let me get this straight...OP wants to see his shai's body in standard adult underwear (which can get quite raunchy in design/be very skimpy) and the ones who aren't trying to see this are the ones with problems?

16. Narcosis

To sum up the changes:
    - The ability to adjust breast size has been disabled
    - Muscle volume has been disabled
    - character poser has been disabled (oh my, lol)
    - Long "underwear" prevents you from editing the character's body, including adding tattoos

I presume they will also remove all the original cash shop costumes and swimwear, or topple them with some lousily made texture edits to cover the exposed parts; I seriously doubt we'll even get decent single piece swimwear as replacement for the removed two piece swimwears.

Kakao, I seriously hope this is just some sort of nonsense bug.

I can't - in any sense - imagine how a simple, medieval-like flax undergarment could be considered "raunchy", least "sexy". Not even the presented cash shop items have any inclination of that sort; they underline the childlike fairy-esque cuteness of female Shai. It's not sexualization of any sort. I actually can't feel anything else except deep pity towards those who see them this way, but that's modern brainwashing for you.

Ecchi Bunny likes this.
  17. Icywave

This isn't even related to the Shai or any class in the game and more about marketing sexuality in general so maybe once you leave your parent's basement and actually discover sex and the real world you will understand that just because someone isn't naked doesn't mean it can't be sexualized.

Bottom line is , who cares, jesus christ play the class or don't and get over it.

SJW? Are you using this term right? It's the right-wing christian religious nuts that put chastity belts on their teenagers because they don't ever want them to have sex or beat them when they even wear something remotely skin revealing. Please get your history and facts straight.

I Am Mother and Factorial like this.
  18. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Then can you please prove your point back on topic and show me the sexual behaviours within the game?

Also, would it be possible to get someone kind enough to post a screenshot of the original undergarments of the class so everyone can judge if it is sexually innapropiate?

19. Icywave

What you're talking about isn't even about Shai but rather sexualization via visual stimulation in general. If you think half of the outfits for these classes aren't geared towards that then you are delusional and it's really not even a question worth asking.

This all also with Korea's attempt to never sexualize anything as is in their culture. Kibelus outfit is geared entirely for visual stimulation. They hired actual clothing designers to build these costumes out with this in mind to bait sales.

Also with the Shai class:

Korea culture != Japanese culture

Stop wearing the hentai glasses when looking at classes. 2 entirely different cultures in how they view cartoon/3d characters. Korea doesn't taboo like Japan does in terms of cartoon culture. It's normally acceptable in Japanese culture but for Korea or a majority of western culture, it's not viewed the same obviously.

Who cares if she's covered up? That will not change the effectiveness of the class, just play it and quit whining.

#79 Icywave, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  20. reconkangas

Dont confuse the situation here..

We are talking about the person that started this thread being upset about the representation of a AVI THAT LOOKS LIKE A CHILD... NOT BEING IN UNDERWEAR to have better visual access to the characters BODY..

Someone who does vizulalize an finds that character apealing is very disturbing. you can call it a LOLI you can call it what the ever loving F you want to call it it represents something visually to a majority of adults.

My distaste for this char has more to do with this guys thread and the sexualization of all female characters in BDO.. my concern is they would do that to this charecter as well and turn it into a LOLI.

This is my opinion you dont have to agree with it BUT I have kids and yes it bothers me.

Alrunia, Minaru, PeaceInChaos and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.