1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shai's outfits are censored

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DosonTheGreat, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dringe

Anyone who hasn't seen the censorship coming from a mile away has to be delusional.
    Also the class isn't even out yet and I'm already reading the "lore" memes.

Asterotis and Nagasaki like this.
  2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

You’re showing your sensitive side again... tsk tsk tsk.

Luxea likes this.
  3. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Lmao, you have a point. I cannot process what's wrong with those to the point Kakao needed to censor them lol...
    inb4 burkas in pearl shop.

Lasty and DosonTheGreat like this.
  4. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

We aren't sensitive. We didn't ask for the censor but we just aren't opposed to it either. We do however see something wrong with those who have a problem with the censorship. Why does a small toddler/young child need to wear undergarments of age-inappropriate levels of nudity?

Tvvin and Nagasaki like this.
  5. ghoulz666

Well, there's a reason why we base maturity on age and brain development.... Seems like some people aren't fully developed in the head yet.

6. Beeso

Not really, not in a long while. Lost 23 KG in fact. Sometimes I like to spectate. :)

Ecchi Bunny and Maginha like this.
  7. NotMoroku

[​IMG]

8. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Legal age of consent in Japan is 13!!!
    It’s okay for me now to go there, f*** some 13 year olds and come back and not be branded a pedo??

She was role playing a 25 year old nurse!

Aka “she is 30 in the lore”

Burning them calories chewing popcorn huh? I might have to try that!

#108 Nagasaki, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
    PeaceInChaos likes this.
  9. Beeso

That's E-popcorn. Might as well be stardust.

Ecchi Bunny likes this.
  10. Icywave

It's not about stimulating me personally, it's just marketing in general. Revealing clothing = a form of visual stimulation no matter what unless you have essentially shut your hormones off through some sort of medical operation (is it even possible?). It's just a natural animal behavorial process to understand that they have visual stimulation in mind when releasing something like the Kibelius outfit.

For Shai, it's obviously not and shouldn't be .. They did the right choice here, but again, they don't care about western opinions about their culture's interpretation of a character. They don't sexualize it as much as other cultures do but they do respect other cultures. Having the clothes the way they do is perfect for the Shai class, regardless of it's lore age and as such shouldn't be as revealing as the more adult looking classes for obvious reasons.

11. Asterotis

12. Zelxski

No, stop twisting words, they want regular underwear that allows the player to see what they are customizing and that doesn't mess up the other costumes.

A tank top and shorts, a 1 piece bathing suit, bloomers and a tank top, granny undies and a tamer style bandage bra are all conservative undergarments that won't ruin costumes and allows the player to see what they are doing with sliders.

13. NotMoroku

Explain that to everyone else on here. I guess they just don't get it. I'm sure PA will burst their bubble in due time.

But she isn't a child though. I dunno, I've made posts already about this. If you see her as a child. You're the problem. The class was never meant to be sexually attractive to anyone, but I guess you don't see it that way.

#113 NotMoroku, Jun 19, 2019
    Ecchi Bunny and DosonTheGreat like this.
  14. DosonTheGreat

The only people talking about being aroused by children are the people pushing for censorship. I just want the original outfits, those spats look dumb as hell.
    Always with the personal attacks cuz you people have no argument. Every single time you "You're a pedo!" people try to take the moral high ground, you always have more skeletons in your closet.
    "I'm for censorship when it prevents bad people from doing bad things or things I don't like." Yeah, I can't possibly see where that line of reasoning could end badly. /s

Ecchi Bunny likes this.
  15. reconkangas

I get the point you dont understand that this is about the turd pissed becouse his SHAI has a body suit INSTEAD of underwere....

He is mad becouse he cant correctly make his char look like X and is ticked becouse we (conservative players) got our way....

You claim that Koreans dont sexualalize things yet the 1st thing is someone from NA/EU is mad about... NO SKIN WTF and my point is not valid on who sexualizes what?!?!?

I am educated just fine about this situation and if you want to play the class PLAY it. but needing to make it look like a child hooker becouse you PEDO much is out right discusting.

Nagasaki likes this.
  16. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

She looks like a child and that's what matters. What age the lore says she is doesn't change what age group of humans she resembles. You failing to see this point makes me think you are the problem here.

You can see what you are customizing just fine. As for other costumes, nothing has been released yet for her, so how do you know future costumes won't just get adjusted to work with the censorship?

Remaint and Alrunia like this.
  17. NotMoroku

Hmm.... I'm sure you are man.

Ok, then explain the countless other games in NA/EU who don't have a problem with this?

Is everyone who plays FFXIV a pedo because they play lalafell? Do you realize how arrogant you sound right now?

The only thing I see right now is someone sensitive about something they don't agree with and attack everyone else because they don't agree.

#117 NotMoroku, Jun 19, 2019
  18. Narcosis

That's some nice mental gymnastics, lad. All your replies made me chuckle a bit.

[​IMG]

Clearly over-sexualized! (censorship courtesy of Redditlol)

If I were to be serious, I'd say those costumes are an actual insult to femininity in general, because they infantilize the image of Shai, who are supposed to be adults. I have a female friend who got very upset when she saw the censorship, mentioning it's kind of insulting to her, especially as a paying customer. It works the same way as the third wave feminism does, where activists put out actual women out of their jobs for their perceived image of what's appropriate and what isn't for them to do. Who the hell are they to tell them what are they supposed to do? If they want to be pitstop girls, by all means they have the right to do so. Same here - you have no right to tell me - or anyone else - what's appropriate and what isn't. If you see Shai as childlike characters that need to be "protected", that's your own goddamn problem. Stop projecting your issues on sensible people, your viewpoint isn't the only one, nor is it "right".

And for the love of gods, stop virtue signalling. It won't net you any points here.

As usual, Kakao Games fails to clearly intervene and at least put out any sort of meaningful statement regarding their decision. Instead they sneakily change the contents just before the release, first advertising one thing and then offering something else. In my country this is called fraud and it's actually a basis for legal action.

19. DosonTheGreat

You are obviously not educated on this issue. The outfit during body customization is not the same as other regions got. I know this because I watched the video on youtube to see what the character creator looked like before launch. Even if I didn't, I can still tell it is obviously censored. All of the outfits have been censored with the same ugly spats.

20. Asterotis

I don't get it, you can't really change Shai's body because she's underage anyway, what were you going to do if she weren't censored, give her ridiculous proportions like the rest of the female characters? lol

[​IMG]

Nagasaki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.