1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared Inventory Slot

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeroden Hunter, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Zeroden Hunter

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but It would be really nice to have a shared inventory slot. I remember using this feature in Guild Wars 2, and loving the hell out of it.

As you know, you can max your inventory slots to 192. What if you could gain 8 inventory slots that are shared across all characters, no matter where they were? It would bring your total inventory space to 200, with the first 8 being shown separately as special "Shared inventory slots". It would prevent you from putting items that are character bound in there, but unbound items and account bound items would be able to be placed in there.

Perhaps give the player base one or two, lock a couple behind loyalties, and a few behind pearl purchases. Shared inventory slots would be extremely useful for players with multiple sets of characters, especially now with the Manos gathering tools being as important as they are. You can also use them to hotswap gear between characters without running back to towns, or even share food/elixirs/potions across characters.

**EDIT**:
    Included below is a rough sketch I whipped up in paint to show what I'm recommending.

According to another suggestion, restricting trade items from the slots and perhaps setting a maximum weight limit of 50lt per slot seems logical and appropriate.

[​IMG]

#1 Zeroden Hunter, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. Lord_Xenon

While it seem good, but what about the weight? I mean it sounds awesome, but when I think about 20k whatever packed in from place a and then use char b at place c that would be a mega transport. O.o

3. Zeroden Hunter

It could have a separate weight cap of like 100 LT, 200LT, or 50 per slot. Something along those lines.

Phoenixxx75 and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  4. Vorkrunne

Make it so trade items can't go into those slots. Everything else can already be moved across vast distances through the warehouse anyway.

It's a great idea.

Being able to easily swap out my manos accessories from my fisher to my gatherer would be a huge time-saver

5. Lord_Xenon

Only market items can be handed that way. And only via MP cities. So no Epheria to Arehaza or Tarif to Olvia.
    I'm not entirely against it, I would like it but it needs some restrictions.

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

How much did this addition cost in GW 2 per slot..was it a quest, or straight cash item? Or was it just naturally part of the game?
    I think Tents do this if im not mistaken though. Or are the inventory spaces separate per char?

Just call it Family space, like you said its own slots, or place in the black spirit vault...I can see why they wont do it, but for somereason, Tag was the idea of their century that that had to put in for no reason or benefit of anykind of level as this simple idea....

Its maddening really.

Zeroden Hunter likes this.
  7. Zeroden Hunter

I agree, trade item restrictions make sense, and having a weight limit like 100-200 LT makes sense as well, in case you want to stock potions or elixirs in there that you need to use on multiple characters. In GW2, you get one for free. When you bought the expansion, they gave you a second for free.

For BDO, I'd like two see come free, and have like 2-3 hidden behind loyalty purchases, and 3-4 behind pearl purchases. This incentivizes people to use those loyalties on something of value, and gives pearl abyss a kick back for their effort, while still giving the free players something that they never had.

8. Zeroden Hunter

Here's a rough sketch Idea of what it would look like that I just slapped together in paint:
    [​IMG]

Having it arranged along the top like that would fit nicely.

Vorkrunne likes this.
  9. Vorkrunne

This would add some serious quality of life upgrades for those of us who play various characters.

Much time saved swapping out manos accessories and tools <3

Phoenixxx75 and Zeroden Hunter like this.
  10. Haplo

Seems like a pretty neat idea :thumbsup:

Phoenixxx75 and Grizrek Hunter like this.
  11. Grizrek Hunter

Not only good for swapping lifeskill clothes and accs over but also for armor sets and accessories to an alt.

10 slots would be the ideal number here for an entire set. Belt, Boots, 2 earrings, helm, chest, 2 rings, gloves and neck.

12. Zeroden Hunter

It would be great if we could get some visibility on this.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Blitzball

The 192 slots limit should be shared across all characters D:<

Dan Hot likes this.
  14. AlnilamE

I think a free account gets 1 or 2, and you can buy more in the gem store up to a max of 24 slots total. One slot costs 700 gems at the moment (that's about 9 dollars), but a bundle or 3 or 5 is a bit discounted.

They are very handy for keeping your passes, teleport to friend, revive orbs, and other utility items that you need on all your characters.

15. bebunw

bebunw Ranger 61 EU

Mimimimi likes this.
  16. Mimimimi

that's a really cool idea!

Zeroden Hunter likes this.
  17. Zeroden Hunter

Thank you, good sir. It wouldn't be game breaking, it could be useful for everyone, to include kakao if they monetized some of the slots, and in general just be a good quality of life improvement. I'd love to put a villa pass in there.

18. woots

pearl shop only = no.
    Otherwise, sure that could be nice to share more easyly items accross class without having to switch character, use storage, switch again, take item, set back somes you might not need etc etc

19. Mimimimi

you can't seriously expect that a feature like this wouldn't be introduced with a cashgrab xD we are playing bdo here ^^

20. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Next up in the Pearl Shop: Shared Inventory Expansion Coupons