1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp & Hard blackstones

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soulscar, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Soulscar

So here we are again........

Given the fact every player requires literal hundreds of both types of stone to upgrade/downgraded/upgrade gear the fact it takes me on average 2 hours to gather 2-5 stones is detrimental to mental health. Add to the fact after using all my available energy I have to wait days for all my toons to recharge or buy energy pots.

Strangely enough it is actually faster gathering the bloody things than it is to buy off the market. Spent 2 hours the other day trying to snipe them and got a grand total of laughed at. I put a buy order for twice the market price and still couldn't get one.

Why is this?

1) Drop chance extremely low.
    2) Demand extremely high
    3) New player joining
    4) New classes added
    And so on and so forth........

If the stones were back to the 4-8 million base price they were originally they would be sucked off the "lottery market" as they are now and likely have 12 million+ buy orders.

These are not esoteric resources, they are required by every single player and in large amounts. Restricting the addition of these stones adds nothing but frustration to basically every player except life skillers and afk gamers (derp).

It is probably the most frustrating thing in the game for me. Even if the drop rate on gathering was doubled it wouldn't be enough.

How many of you spend a decent proportion of your game time running from tree to tree or falling asleep watching the market? All because these stones are required for COMBAT and are introduced into the economy by basically pushing R.

Gathering isn't fun, it isn't involving and certainly isn't why the vast majority of player play this game.

Due to the fact these stones are in such high demand, accessories that drop them from heating are held artificially high. A Tri ancient guardian seal and tri ancient weapon core sit above 500mil..... Higher than a Tri Serap. Don't get me started on the scarla necklace. Basically these little oversights are seriously break the in game economy

Please DEV's, pretty please with sugar on top, change a SINGLE number from 0.2% to 0.8% or have them drop from monsters Valencia and above. Also remove them from heating accessories for the before mentioned reasons.

Hardly original as posts go but we need to post 1000 a day on this issue guys. :D

2. HeartsWake

They should drop from any and all mobs that drop black stones tbh

AussieTitan likes this.
  3. Sylo78

They should just add a vendor who you pay hundreds of millions of dollars to in order to upgrade your gear :D

#3 Sylo78, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    AussieTitan likes this.
  4. Spartakatz

And you think you should get all items within 1 day, to finish your enchanting?

5. HeartsWake

Ehhhh. Maybe up to duo or maybe even tri
    I’m hard stuck at full duo but I don’t want an easy button
    This however would be quite convenient for low levels/new players
    But then theyd have one hell of a surprise after the limit of said vendor

6. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

If they took out hard/sharps for jewelry the market would be even more starved than it already is. So I do not agree with the second half of the post. I think they should add hard/sharp drops in as rare drops to weekly scrolls from normal/kama/valencia and maybe valencia elites.

7. AlnilamE

In that case black stones should also drop from trees.

8. Unlust

I think the Shards should be harder to obtain then the normal Black Stones but they are maybe a bit too rare/hard to obtain.
    There should be other methods besides gathering the whole day with X Characters or smelting Accessories.
    Maybe change Hunter's Seals so that you can exchange them for Hard or Sharp Black Crystal Shards. For a reasonable price obviously so that there's no unstoppable flood of Crystal Shards, like 50 for a Hard Shard and 75 for a Sharp one.

HeartsWake likes this.
  9. Sylo78

I think easy is subjective at least in my case because I'm finding it rather hard to attain hundreds of millions of dollars. Sure for players who can make that kind of money daily it's easier, but then is wager most of those kinds of players are already sporting top gear.

10. HeartsWake

You’re right. Haha I’m broke too

Sylo78 likes this.
  11. Cyrus Glitch

Exactly this. The rich get richer/stronger, the poor get left behind. You can't buy sharps/hards from the MP because they are sniped by the players who can afford to outprice everyone. I watched the market a few nights and the same players were pre-ordered every sharp/hard they could. Every single pre-order was sniped by the same players.s

Sylo78 likes this.
  12. RoakOriginal

They should start merging these QQ threads together so there aint new one every other day about the same damn thing...

TL;DR from previous threads: Git gud noob, stop bein lazy, there are several ways of getting shards and there is no problem for people who use their head (or at least google).

13. HeartsWake

TL;DR just need to up the % drop a wee bit. But TL;DR right

14. AussieTitan

the people who says the drop rate is fine are the idiots who got all their gear to TET before server merges, shits changed the demand has GONE up so much since then, if you don't like seeing people continuously trying to bring attention to the subject until something is done about it then you're apart of the problem.

HeartsWake and MisterTibbers like this.
  15. Sorakami

300 energy later, 1 sharp...RNG is RNG. The drop rate really should be buffed. Simple logic states that as the demand goes up, the supply needs to go up to keep equilibrium. Back when Edan was around, there weren't many around....3x the population + Steam players and rates haven't changed. On top of that, they add multiple new classes, obviously there either needs to be more way for Hards/Sharps and Memory Frags, or buff their drop rate.

MisterTibbers and AussieTitan like this.