1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ship Customization Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WinterRED, Nov 21, 2019.

1. WinterRED

As it stands, basically all ships in BDO are cookie-cutter copies of each other. They could be a great way to express individual flare with just a few things added.

1. Allow us to have a set of pre-set symbols for our sails or even just one of the flags and allow us to dye them in our own color. No need to allow people to dye the whole ship, just a portion of it is enough.

2. Allow us to purchase/make "decoration items" and place them around certain areas of our ship at will. This could double up as a method to make sea combat more fun if it ever gets fleshed out. The reason I'm bringing this one up is because the first Carrack on NA recently got built and its deck is incredibly underwhelming. See here for the video: Carrack. There's pretty much nothing of note on the deck and if players could have an option at wharf to build their own little "Sea house" with nautical themed items (crates, ropes, crates of fish, fabric, tables, etc.) it'd go a long ways in making it better.

3. Allow us to raise (and lower) a guild flag at our discretion. Just like the sails right now but it's for communicating with other ships that have characters out of render distance.

Obviously I hope most of these will be obtainable in-game without having to spend money, but if there's a few premium designs for symbols in 1. or special items in 2. in the pearl shop then so be it.

#1 WinterRED, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Smileybones likes this.
  2. gatsupl

I'm sry to break it to you. Its deliberately done like that to make you pay for "nice" F3 skin.
    I know it sucks.

3. WinterRED

Except the one skin they have isn't even applicable to the Carrack, and you can't even dye it. I'm fine with them trying to make money off cosmetics...but they have to have meaningful stuff I'd want to buy first.

4. gatsupl

And on top of that it is WAY overpriced if you compare it with tent.

5. Rubyvulpa

I agree this would be a very nice thing to add. The game has many cash-shop horse outfits too, but at least you are still able to dye your horse gear, and craft some different sets. By adding some customisation ships will feel more unique, even if it's just colours and perhaps adding a symbol to your sails. They can do it just the same as for horse gears; you need Merv's palette to dye ship parts and cash shop skins offering far more dye slots and visual difference to the ship, but at least there's a 'budget' option too.

Smileybones likes this.