1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ship Modules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oR-Bishop, Apr 6, 2019.

1. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

[​IMG]

Boat storage has always been at a premium. I understand the reasons for limits. It would still be nice to have more options.

A. Add two new sockets to personal ships and guild galleys.
    (Two sockets is essential for adding variety in builds)

1. Modules cannot be swapped out while there are contents in them.
    (This will prevent them from being bugged or lose items)

2. The boat must also be in a safe zone to swap out modules.
    (This is more for strategic purposes, making their use more interesting overall)

3. Modules for personal ships are crafted using sea monster parts through the manufacturing menu

4. Modules for guild galleys are crafted using sea monster parts inside a guild hall with a shipyard workbench

5. Module sockets can be used to equip additional boatmen, once the primary boatman socket is filled. All boatmen buffs stack.
    (Goblin boatmen are king. This would give players reason to use the others)

B. Add Modules for personal ships the game

1. Guild Module. Adds an 8-space compartment on a personal ship that can be used by guild members partied with the driver for guild items. While equipped, the module gives 2000 LT capacity. Boat will also auto loot as a galley when equipped.

2. Crew Module. Adds 4-space compartments that can be used for crew storage. The frigate gets four of these compartments. The sailboat gets two. Items from party members and driver can't be mixed within a compartment. Once an item is placed into a compartment, the compartment becomes unavailable to other party members. When a player leaves the party, any items belonging to that crew person will be sent to their regional storage.

(edit 7/3/19: There were game mechanic issues with this. Those should be resolved now that parties were patched to remain persistent on channel swap and disconnect. Most of the framework is amiable now for this change)

3. Bulkhead Module (Frigate Only). Adds 30% Durability and 10% Power

4. Ballast Module (Frigate Only). Add 20% Turn, 10% Braking

5. Fishing Net Module (Sailboat). Adds an 16-space compartment to the sailboat. While driving, the boat passively fishes for local sea life. The fish are placed first into the fishing compartment, then overflow to the main boat hold. Fish in the fishing compartment are insulated from damage as trade items.

6. Trade Module (Sailboat Only). Adds an 8-space compartment to the sailboat. Trade items in the trade compartment are immune to loss as trade items. The boat increases weight capacity by 2000 LT.

C. Add Modules for guild galleys the game

1. Guild Module. Adds two 8-space compartments on a guild galley that can be used by guild members for guild items. While equipped, the module gives 5000 LT capacity.This is an extension of the main hold.

2. Crew Module. Adds eight 4-space compartments that can be used for guild member crew storage. Items from guild members can't be mixed within a compartment. Once an item is placed into a compartment, the compartment becomes unavailable to other guild members. When a guild member leaves the area (500 meters), guild contract expires, or leaves the guild, any items belonging to that crew person will be sent to their regional storage.

3. Bulkhead Module. Adds 50% Durability and 20% Power

4. Ballast Module. Add 30% Turn, 15% Braking

#1 oR-Bishop, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    SilentDeath and Khalel like this.
  2. oR-Bishop

With the revamp of the margoria quest line, frigate mat daily infusion, and frigate being added to the new shakatu seals, the relevance of the epheria sailboat is in question. These ship modules would not only bring back relevance to sailboats, but add variety to both personal ships and make margoria content even more interesting.

SilentDeath and Khalel like this.
  3. oR-Bishop

The new ships that are going to be introduced look pretty awesome. I think most of us would rather have the option to customize the ship we spent months to build, rather than wasting another month building a second, while our first becomes obsolete.

Still, we don't know all the details. Who knows? Maybe they will allow us to add modules to the old ships and the new.

4. DC55

I would much rather just see ships automatically put up if left un-attended for X amount of time. Kind of frustrating when some one takes there ship out and leaves it where it spawns, then you come along and take yours out and it pops in the same place, and when you try and mount it, all you get is an info button. Or when trying to get on yours, you keep falling through to the water due to the mass amount of ships people leave just sitting around in the harbor...…… for weeks.

5. Kiri_Dar

OMG No....just no it is way to much to coding for something so stupid. The boats we have were in to good a place before they nerfed a bit to much with changes. The new boats just need to have different function which from the look of them and new features they are adding I think they will. DP heavy super trade boats is what I think they are. But until they finish announcing we won’t know for sure.

Now not in use boat return would be amazing. Also being able to check docks from the map would almost need to be a must with that. Since me personally leave my boat out but normally away from dock a bit just so from the map I can see which port I parked it in.