1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Ships stuck at shore.

Discussion in 'Interface' started by Plankt0n, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Plankt0n

Yeah I am NOT in the mood now to "figure" out what subforum to use but this absoluetely f.ing redicilous. Whowever made the changes to how ships works with how air flow works or what now needs to be canned on the spot for not testing stuff.

Whenever you take your pos ship out you have 50% chance to get stuck in a wharf where u have to spam check in / check out and hope you can leave the harbor.

What is even worse is when u actually take your paid ship out to investigate, port at an island, jump out and then decide to get back in you cannot leave, you are stuck. And all those "uh just reload the game blah blah" no it does not work.

FIX IT.

How to reproduce? PLEASE just take out ur ship go close to an island and you have to fkin swim back.

2. RobinSan

You know you can whistle your ship with right mouse click on the icon, like you do with the horse? Left you teleport towards your ship, right click ship teleports to you

3. asdsadfas

Maybe not the bug that OP's talkinga bout, but there's one that completely bugs you out and puts you in a loop of please try again later. You can't move your character or get off the wheel, and you can only either change channel or change character and back again.

4. GM Fenix

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your ship getting stuck in the harbor and at islands while out sailing. I understand it can be frustrating. As @RobinSan mentioned, it is possible to call your ship to you. This can be used to get your ship out of sticky situations where it gets stuck on an island or on other boats in the harbor. Our team has reported issues with boats getting stuck to our team and it is being investigated. We apologise for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

5. Corrus

I had this happen a few times as well, very annoying

6. Plankt0n

It did not work to call the ship, i had to swim like a sack of potatoes to get to the shore, then walk and recall the ship.

However I apologize for my somewhat uh rough, message. I just had a fuse that blew and I had to vent. Thanks for letting me know.

Did not work.

7. Kazza

Yes I know that bug and am getting it 9/10 times going to Velia wharf now and it is driving me crazy. I'm about to go back to Velia now and this time the boat can go in for the day as I just don't want to deal with this anymore at present.

8. Kazza

Doesn't always work. Even going to character screen doesn't always work. Have had to change characters or log out totally and even then sometimes I come back to still be stuck.

As far as it being investigated, getting stuck at Velia wharf has been happening since Ocean content release, so I am not holding out any hopes that you guys will fix it. Seems more important to reduce wolf population or move beetles.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. jenisiz7

Yeah got into Bartering yesterday at long last bc previously was running into the same issue, randomly getting stuck and or unable to even move. Sad to say even though there's been changes, it's definitely still not enough. I've completed just over 70 barters so far and over half I've had to jump off the boat and recall the ship bc its constantly getting stuck on random ****. Autopathing is a pain on land...but an even worse unending nightmare in the ocean. Between running into islands not on the map to crashing into the wrong random ports all while auto pathing. You literally have to manually steer the ship half the time to get it to work. Whoever's idea it was to make default autopathing hug islands needs to try bartering...it simply doesnt work. Either fix island collision or better yet, make a 300 feet min distance from islands default when autopathing.

Edit: Got stuck yet again, not even 5 min after writing this.

Edit Edit: WHY IS THIS EVEN AUTOPATHED THIS WAY?

Attached Files:

#9 jenisiz7, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    MoonDance17 and Kazza like this.
  10. Kazza

It was never good but it was never as bad as it is now since the Ocean content, ships never got stuck like they do now at the wharfs either. How long as it been out now? And yet it hasn't been fixed it's just getting worse.

11. Kazza

And I just had it twice tonight, not being able to release from wheel, only 2 trips to Velia and both times got stuck. I've logged off as I just can't deal with this **** at this time of a night. Going to read a book instead and forget even afk activities.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. Shenkt

Artisan 5 Sailor here, verifying this behaviour.

The trick is to press R, wait for the camera to fully pan out/steady, then attempt a move or launch.

There seems to be some correlation between the time it takes for the game to apply the new sailing metrics like current and wind, and if you attempt to move during this window of time, it glitches you as though stuck on a rock.

You can spin the boat, but not move. If stuck like this; get off the wheel, get back on and wait out the animation.

I have found this to be a reliable work around.

13. Kazza

Hi Shenk, that used to work for me but no longer does, my problem now is that I cannot get off the wheel without changing my character and then sometimes I can't get back on the wheel when I swap back. I don't know if it's the Carrack or the Maintenance as I upgraded my ship about the same time as Maint. All I know is I can't play like this and if I had not of spent money on inventory slots in Velia I'd change to Illya Island but not spending any more money on something I shouldn't have to. I'm going to test tonight as I still have my Caravel and see if the same thing is going to happen which should tell me if it's the Carrack or the Maint that has made it so unplayable. I'm pretty disappointed actually, I have Caravel sitting up at Hakoven Island to save me time and using the Carrack to barter, then I was going to upgrade Caravel but not if this is going to happen.

14. asdsadfas

There's 2 different glitches with getting on boat near wharf- the one where ur boat itself don't move but you can get off the boat, and the one where your entire character gets glitched.

If you have a carrack, the second one happens ridiculously often, and has to do with a combination of waypoints, and your position when you teleport to the boat. I believe if you just teleport onto your carrack on Shakatu abandoned wharf from the wharf manager without getting into the water at all, you have a high chance to get stuck.

15. Kazza

That answers the question then of it being the carrack that is doing it to me, thanks asdsadfas. I find that my character is glitching even if I climb aboard without teleporting. I was hoping that would make a difference but alas.

So now I've decided I don't think I'll bother upgrading my Caravel to carrack, it is too time consuming logging in and out just so I can leave the wharf and my Carrack Valor will just go for monster hunting I'm terribly disappointed in all this as it has taken a lot of work to get them both enough mats to upgrade, it's put me off the ocean content really. I shudder every time I have to go to Vela.

16. alphaod

"Please try again in a moment" is one the errors I get constantly at the wharf. You can't move, get of the wheel, or anything for that matter. Only solution is character select and come back and hope you don't get that error message again.

There is also the ship floating in the air one that is annoying. If I'm lucky I can get get off the wheel and try again. If I'm unlucky it'll be coupled with the above error "Please try again in a moment" and then I need to go back into character select.

The thing is this doesn't just happen at Velia. It happens at Outpost Supply Post and Ancando Inner Harbor as well.

MoonDance17 and Kazza like this.
  17. Kazza

Please get this fixed, it has been going on long enough. This is getting tiring very very tiring, I'm starting to think that BDO has become a 2nd class game with all it's bugs and no fixes.

MoonDance17 likes this.