1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should 204ap mystic hit like sandpaper?

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Soulo, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Soulo

Serious question, hope I can avoid trolls. I made a mystic for fun (striker main) and with my 204 AP, I beat a lot of people in duels, sure. Though idk how because it's like pecking them to death.

In Mass pvp, I find myself pressing keys like crazy, putting in a lot of work for not much reward. I survive great, but all it takes is 1 guy coming through with 1 graze of an attack and my kill is stolen lol.

Now, I was under the impression that no class can really hit THAT weak at 200+AP (mystic is 59 btw).

The point: I mean, is mystic just made this way (I know she's meant to do lower but more sustained damage but THAT low?) or could it simply be my accuracy which is admittedly low af for pvp. Im at 220 accuracy. I just feel like my striker even missing that accuracy, would do so much more damage.

Nits likes this.
  2. Niu

Niu

No, Mystic is just brokenly underpowered. There is almost no way we can beat 1v1 classes like Witch or FOTM Classes like Zerker/Sorc/Tamer.

3. Soulo

4. raikourin

The thing that I'm seeing is that you're around 200AP but not using leather hence the really low 220 accuracy. I don't know what offhand your using but there is a clear difference between 200ap with nouver/kutum and 200ap with a accuracy offhand. I'm currently at 204 ap with leather and 372 accuracy before gems and generally I can deal decent to high damage to people below my gear score while moderate to lower damage to higher gear score opponents hence the need for extended combos.

Your Striker doesn't feel the accuracy loss as much because his clones are automatically 100% accuracy to begin with. Kinda like wiz/witch who can go ap monkey because of how much base accuracy they have on their skills for free. Mystic does not fall into this category.

Also, there is mainly 2-3 high damage multiplier skills for awakened Mystic -Wave Orb, Sea Burial, and Rising Dragon-. The rest are mediocre for damage and mainly function for combos/SA upkeep. People catch full combos from a Mystic and want to believe her damage is too high when in truth she doesn't have any skills with one shot potential like Maewha, Valk, Warrior ults, anything that Wizard/Witch sneezes out of their keyboard, and Striker's press and forget auto damage clones. These people will then go on at how high ap Mystic can easily 2 shot people as if that somehow doesn't apply to every other character in the game with high AP.

#4 raikourin, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Ubbles, Ama83 and Soulo like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

sounds like accuracy (and i guess no lvl 60 skills)

Soulo likes this.
  6. Soulo

I figured. I just heard people crying about mystic having low damage and wasn't sure if I was seeing that, or just my lack in accuracy

7. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

She have the lowest PvP damage scaling in the game + she also received a damage nerf recently. Likewise, you'll most likely need accuracy gears.

The new nerf for her will hit NA next week as well, spiral hp restore moved to hurricane sweep.

8. Tigreton

I have a level 58 mystic with 190 ap, 285 dp and 300 accuracy and I can hit 90 % of the playerbase in RBF.
    (Full boss gear with kzarka/dandelion/kutum).
    I think my striker with 180 ap hits more hard than my mystic.
    In RFB you don't need skill, you only need gear and a brain to get points. (It's all about killstealing xD).
    Valkyrie, ninja, striker, musa, maehwa, tamer , warrior, zerker can 2 shoot me, but sometimes I can dance between fire and kill the player I want getting 200 points in 2 seconds.

Oh and a kuno can 2 combo me xD.

Soulo likes this.
  9. bongokongo

you don`t need never skill in this game or brain.. only gear and then class. and y striker hit much harder than mystic.

10. Hekki

Justification for low dmg of mistc was she is supposed to be tank. But, fact other classes can 2 shot her and now nerf to self heal (valk and warrior have shield, berserker have higher HP) so Iost point of this class.
    And again lost point of this game again - because I do want play tank class.

11. Hypotermia

And when did game become 1v1 game? :D it was never about 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 or 5v5 etc. It has always been about wars so yeah

12. Spartakatz

13. Srich

14. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

We are tanky but we don’t hit as hard as other classes. We are hard to cc, longer fights work in our favor, but in this ap meta it’s harder for mystics. I suggest getting more ap

15. LogicaI

LOL

irrelevant likes this.
  16. BDOisgarbage

If you don't have 240-250 you are trash no matter what class you are. I didn't say it, the fail ass devs/publishers who made this game into an RNG enchanting POS said so with the braindead DP/Evasion buff.

After that, Mystic is still disgustingly zero skill garbage on top of Witch, Wizard, Musa, Maewha.

17. Netreiam

Not trying to attack the class, but from what I’ve seen it is much easier for a mystic to consistently get in damage vs every other class.

Most of their “melee” skills are similar to striker in that they are forward placed circular 180-360 degree attacks vs most melee classes that use centered 10-90 degree ray attacks. This means that their hits ignore blocks very easily (similar to witch/wizard skills)

They also have easier access to back attacks with skills like twisted collison, spiral torpedo, and wolf’s frenzy.

Then once a combo starts they have plenty of KD and die smash to keep people on the ground forever as well as the combination of the 30% global slow and insta suction that makes picking up people after you already did a full ground combo on them stupid easy.

Finally if a class doesn’t have an air disengage, high speed disengage can easily be countered by the auto track on wolf’s frenzy. Making escaping for a breather difficult for classes that don’t have something like zerker rocket jump/tamer pole vault.

So yeah, they may not do as much damage as other classes but the fact that they are constantly damaging you all the time whereas most classes need a CC to lock people down or else they will just whiff skills more than makes up for it IMO.

OP even says they still win a lot of duels even w/ “bad damage” so I don’t see how this can be seen as an issue.

18. raikourin

Yea... No. Mystic's melee skills (Tidal Burst, Rapid Stream, Mass Destruction, Rising Dragon) don't have that kind of range compared to Striker that has extra range on top of clones throwing in splash damage. Getting caught by those skills is more bad positioning and not chaining SA properly than "OMG Mystic always ignores FG".

Twisted Collision? What Mystic uses Twisted Collision to go through a Block? The answer is none before you go anywhere with that. Twisted doesn't even ignore collision so I don't see where you're getting that from.
    Wolf's Frenzy does not aim for a person's back either. If you panic and turn around during the Frenzy then sure but that's more on you than the Mystic. Wolf's Frenzy can be easily S blocked then dashed out of before the Mystic can either CC or grab you if you actually know how the skill functions. The auto tracking is a lot less forgiving that you think it is as well. For every 1 that connected on you there was probably 3 prior that failed with how RNG the tracking is even when facing the person directly.

19. Netreiam

wasn't talking about the range first of all, was talking about the shape of the skill which do easily ignore FBs and don't require nearly as much precision as most melee skills.

Obviously twisted collision itself doesn't go through the blocks, I meant the skill including the flows, don't play dumb. The skill itself moves you forward and over targets while the flows get the back attacks.

Wolf's frenzy teleports on top of a target so no you don't need to turn around for it to back attack you, if your using a skill that moves you forward it can back attack. And yes, it can be blocked by moving backwards, spiral torpedo can be dodged by moving to the side, yet for some reason I don't see mystics complaining about how easy it is to dodge. I wasn't even talking about the skill in terms of landing damage or CC but considering how the skill is generally safe its not like it is bad at either of those otherwise mystics wouldn't use it right?

20. raikourin

Except that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. A skill either goes through a person via no collision or it doesn't. Everything else is all positioning. Mystic isn't gonna hit someone's backside any easier than a Warrior attacking the same position. If they were cocksided enough to get hit with a back attack in the first place that's their own problem and would of happened to them if fighting any other class besides Mystic.

The only Twisted Collision flow that is ever recommended to be used is Sky Rammer and that is a part of a post grab combo. If you're using the other flows to engage on someone despite their 1) flawed protection, 2) easily telegraphed motion that only a potato would stick around under, and 3) the fact that those flows only CC's on the final hit then you are doing it wrong. You're telling me not to play dumb yet you're only further proving the point that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It's like you're having a Mystic perform these actions on a completely stationary target holding block and being appalled at the very obvious results.

Wolf's Frenzy is RNG in a nutshell. The startup of the skill from the very moment you activate up til after the very first attack is unprotected and can be canceled if there is a multitude of CC's in the location. The skill can even lose tracking depending on how the opponent iframes in a weird angle which will immediately cancel the Frenzy and leave the Mystic in a unprotected backward's dodge. Let's not even talk about the possibility of being teleport into structures and getting stuck by the skill. Will the skill still be used? Of course, but only after being prepared to the possibility that it'll completely fail and leave one open for counter attack if RNG/Desync isn't on your side.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out legit balance issues but stop making stuff up that doesn't exist in practical scenarios or somehow doesn't apply to every other class in the game as if you're conveniently leaving them out just to be biased.