1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should person to person trading be considered/buffed?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blazebl00d, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Blazebl00d

I know this isn't probably a popular or even a thought of opinion but, should trading between players/friends be buffed or allow more items? I'm not sure the list of items you can currently trade between players but, I do know hp pots are one and certain meals. Also, before someone decides to shutdown this discussion, I do understand that this type of system isn't really implemented to prevent "gold farmers" and such but, I feel like it could at least be expanded upon. My friend and I really want to help each other out but, there isn't much we can do besides just giving advice and unofficial sites with guides and calcs. I was thinking that maybe allowing ingredient mats to this list of available trading between players like cereals, ores, and fruits (just mats that are helpful for crafting) would be helpful for friends to engage more and help. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

You perfectly understand that exactly moment when ability to direct transfer money from 1 player to other be added, army of gold farmers and RMT sellers will show up. Unless its possible to make everything that made from p2p trade materials cannot be sold or trade.

3. Joungf

There are so many ways to implement trading between players without giving any chance to gold farmers and RMT sellers - but you have to turn on your brain and what is worst, you have to code and test it.

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

How about you can only trade pearl items, or buff/ungimping items like extra slot coupons. Where is the possibility for RMT there?
    This way, people arnt really trading, but if you wanna help a friend, you can give him extra costumes, or other stuff in your pearl slot, like loot buffs, etc. Even add crons to the trade table.

5. Ben Phoenix

I definitely support the idea of adding more stuff in the player to player trading system.
    OP didn't mention silver trading. Unless I missed it.

6. Blazebl00d

I never mentioned anything about silver transfer. That would be insane and dumb imo. I'm more-so referring to more items added to the system. Or it being altered slightly.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  7. AtomicPotato

as i said, if PA give ability to p2p anything that cost any silver, even if its 100.000 silver item could be sold to NPC for 1 silver, there will be bots to sell those silver ( well at 100.000 to 1 ratio probably no, but you can see my idea here). So more p2p is fine, but that items should be muted to sell. I'm even agree on "lend" a friend gear, for example i can give my friend my gear for 1-7 days, he cannot do anything with that gear beside wearing it, and after its come back to me.

Fearless V likes this.
  8. sterks67

mats/items - empty market, everything is on the highest preorder and instantly bought out by alt/bot accounts
    pearl items - resold by hacked paypal account/card owners

I don't see this change happening on EU/NA servers.

phelpsrj1978 and Wodahs like this.
  9. RandomHajile

Propaganda. It just needs to be mats. Among guilds. Tagged as not sellable. Not able to sell products either. Cept you can make boxes and craft things for self.

Would be nice to be able to enhance people's gear for them too but I can see why they won't add that. The rest of o it all goes to hell is just believing they can't handle a simple situation. It's really hurting the game to not have it.

Blazebl00d likes this.
  10. AtomicPotato

Memory problem ? When SMH got explosed, army for RMT payout sellers immediately show up offering you to buy juicy payout.

seanas and Boink like this.
  11. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yes it would be a great change, but our GMs and devs are eager to keep the game clean from exploiters and rmt accounts right?

12. AtomicPotato

One of the major problem, people "not our job" don't want to report this cases. Even today i saw someone spam in world chat about some streamer bough account ( no idea about any detail) and i'm 99% sure that "the shout" suppose to be report, and no ticket will be ever made.

SynCyanide likes this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

That was trading RL money for silver. PA does this now with costumes anyway.

SynCyanide and Jinoro like this.
  14. Blazebl00d

Currently, when you trade something p2p it becomes untradable/unsellable so, I don't see why they couldn't just expand on that. I think you are just focusing on items won't be changed between trades. I mean look how they are handling season gear and what not. I see no excuse to look into expanding/altering the trading system.

Ben Phoenix and SynCyanide like this.
  15. Khondo

My question is why do you want this turned on?

BDO is the best single player MMO ever made. It is not designed for direct player trading.

16. RandomHajile

A single player MMO is basically a forum for showing off how awesome your character is. That's not really a fun end game. Of course there are other things that would make the game better before that but in terms of design choices that could be done and improve the game, that's it.

Everything should not have to be funneled thru the marketplace at 70 to 80%, plus inflation is a thing. This would be intriguing for raw life skills. Boxes would be boxes, but unlock prices more on mats. Since some mats are removed from circulation from trading, they go up in value and thus are worth producing opposed to gathering being more about rares supplemented by mats. Rares would still maintain their value because they could not be traded.

Why would you not want this, what would be stopping this? And you could still do rmt right now more easily with guild pay outs, right now! Just would take longer o no. Rmt me some wood or some cooking mats so I can make boxes, run them to the trader over and over and profit. Yeas rmt. Or join a guild, wait 14 days get paid.

Blazebl00d likes this.
  17. Khondo

The reason is because then it would be not how you play the game but who you know, to progress. For me that kind of game is waaaaaay worse than any "pay to win".

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  18. AlnilamE

Like, what items are you thinking of? Gear is worth silver. Mats are worth silver.

Have you considered other ways of helping your friend? Like running scrolls together, helping with quests or boosting alts via grinding? Or if they are into sea content, taking them out for sailing dailies? There are ways to help other players that don't involve giving them stuff. Now you could even rent them one of your horses, for example.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  19. AtomicPotato

Its not so easy, you suggest to give ability to trade resources as example, so what gonna happen to item crafted by those materials ? I mean can you use both traded and your materials? Does item crafted with 50%/50% materials become untradable/unsellable? What about packs from materials ?
    I'm clearly can see how allowing materials to be tradeable lead to mass boting and RMT - > you just craft packs from materials you get from trade and sell them for money.

20. Éternel

Well just think of all the spam we have now, not to mention the suspicious characters randomly typing Q W E R in chat already..... I can't imagine how bad it would get with less restricted trade. It would be one thing if they had employees actively banning accounts upon investigation, but I have yet to see any hint of that happening. So we're stuck with what we have now. I mean, I still see barcode used for characters and family names to this day, how hard is it to enforce their own rules?

Also it's easier for PA/Kakao to not implement this than to address numerous underlying problems with the game. The "report spam" button being one of them.