1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should PVP cap be moved from level 49 to level 56 or 59?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Mar 22, 2020.

?

Should the pvp cap be moved up?

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. Factorial

It's been a long time since the level for pvp cap was moved. If memory serves me well, the cap was 45 then moved to 49. Of course, that was when the highest level a character could get to was essentially 50. Now, it's fairly easy to get to level 60.

As such, should the pvp cap be moved up once more? Or should it stay to where it is right now?

Stealthe likes this.
  2. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

i agree on this up to lvl 60 that's when pvp starts

3. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Would be abused to grief people on even decently "high" grindspots.

Dremak, Rai Asura, Kifon and 4 others like this.
  4. Ungvi

I think it should be changed to 56, but yeah, 49 is stupid now.

5. Sandpit_

56 sounds right so high end spots can't be griefed

BraveHeart, Chitlin, Ungvi and 2 others like this.
  6. Factorial

Honestly, 56 isn't bad at all.

Chitlin, Ungvi and Fearless V like this.
  7. woots

In fact, funny enough, the "original" design always was 49, just you had a bunch of guys during the western CBT ( yes during the CBT, so a tiny minority ) that wanted to enter "owpvp" sooner and Dawn changed that only for "our version" ( well at at time they thought they would had more liberty to make "our" BDO different from the kr one for somes part, so like the p2w )

So, if we want to respect the original design, it should indeed be level 59, or even better level 60.999 since somes skills only are accessible at level 60
    I mean i see no reasons why somes skills should be locked from someone not willing to have anything to do with owpvp, its not like it has any importance in the game tho ( other for thoses really willing to use that )

But, it could still have an option aviable for thoses willing to be able to active that sooner tho.

Jupiter Raynes and Factorial like this.
  8. Kagedancer

Sure, I don't think there is much quality PVP to be had from 1-59 anyway. Most people don't have much SP or skills unlocked or even their awakening if their class needs that.

9. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

new regions r going to keep coming out combat skills exp will get a change one way or another can't really avoid the game becoming bigger let alone not raise the lvl to active pvp at some point
    as everyone knows odylita is coming out really soon and they haven't even mention what's next let alone delay odylita so many times which we all know 2-3 if not 4 times
    so who knows what they been working on closed doors for another area right after

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Yeah, let's cap at 59 and see all the "gentlemen" using "diplomacy" at grinds spot since they can't be PKed ROFL, brilliant idea.

unremorseful likes this.
  11. IWalkAlone

I can hardly agree about 56, but hell no about 60.Make it 60 and Im gona want refund.Even if I have to take a legal actions.

12. t4mpel

Rather make a Server for that. Then can they green player share their mobs in Hystria and Akman in masses and the rest of us can grind in peace or in war.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It's so easy to get to lvl60 nowadays, i really wouldn't mind moving it up to lvl60 or at minimum 56.

Jena and Jupiter Raynes like this.
  14. IWalkAlone

Level 60 with good gear can grind anywhere...Doing this will be same as removing PvP button.

Thugarin and Sadalsuud like this.
  15. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

It can be safely moved to lvl 56. Even the most mediocre newbie could reach lvl 56 pretty easily these days, what with all the freebies and everything BDO throws at them now (not that I care much myself, whatever). As for that ancient lvl 49.999 thingie, it is completely laughable and hard to believe such relics STILL exist in the game.

In any case reaching lvl 56 is pretty basic these days, you can call it the actual "primary school graduation" point, and where you start your awakening / succession journey, with only the most basic skills available. Oh, and if some (pretty entitled) "vet" players somehow feel threatened about getting "griefed" by lvl 56s at those "good grind spots", by all bloody means they wholly DESERVE it. That goes out to all those uber awesomely hypocritic players who at 63-64-65 still stalk and farm relentlessly those 56-58 spots, wasting anyone and anything that dare show up in there, oh because ya know, somehow it is STILL pretty nice and low effort silver and whatnot to be there. Talking about "griefing", yeah?

P.S. That also ancient lvl 45 (that did NOT require ANY quest or gave ANY warning, remember?) idiocy originally applied specifically to the NA / EU region was truly a demonstration of epic FUBAR. And it persisted for miserably long before being "adjusted" to the KR standard, I am sure some incredible chaps even cried about that too (do they even STILL cry? lol?). I guess we don't need to repeat for the nth time how such a thing could happen over here... right?

Rethandris and woots like this.
  16. Lofty

Hmm well, 60 is less than 49 was back in the day. It took way longer to get to 50 with Yuria and bare bones scrolls at Hexe Marie than it takes to get even 62 today.

And so the same protections are needed, because new players could easily be level 62 in Asula + green DUO gear. And I know a few of them.

62 should enable PvP, that's where most people need to spruce things up to stay interested anyway.

Jupiter Raynes, LucidKill and woots like this.
  17. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

It's funny was talking about this last night with guildies before war, most seem from with it going up to between 56-59 but when you said what about 60 that's when they started to think like hmm, grinding spots could start having issues for high end since at lvl 60 most spots aren't purple mobs anymore. But yes it needs to be adjusted lvl 56 even for brand new players take maybe a week just following quest line. Most experience players can hit 60 in a day now

18. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

We should move pvp to lvl 9+.

Casty, Dremak, XLucaX and 1 other person like this.
  19. woots

oh that's true you had to suicide your character to not hit level 45 and avoid owpvp as it was a change made by Dawm at the time because western player request during CBT, and it was "made" in a very sloppy way since thoses guys didnt even changed the quest xD
    The design always was to enter owpvp at lvl 49 ( WHEN the max level was 50 )

even just at 61 (from 60.999) is fine, at least with level 60 you have all your skills, so access all pve content
    ( not saying that SP gain wasnt the same at all, and by the time you hit level 49, you barely had enough SP to take more than 2 skills, lol )

even if that's a bait considering the topic, on a serious note, as long as its a pure side option to have player choose that if they really want that, well why not after all.

#19 woots, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  20. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

unlock pvp at level 57, same as level 57 unlocks marnies , and level 57 unlocks "paid skill tree resets".

so people can still awake and enjoy pve only.

Make the marnie stone tutorial quest available at level 56. and u cant go beyond 56 unless u make the marnie tutorial. -> So Marnie stones are the breakthrough for level 56+