1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should PVP cap be moved from level 49 to level 56 or 59?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Mar 22, 2020.

?

Should the pvp cap be moved up?

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well it might be a bit worse than usual cause we got so many returning players for the anniversary and also the corona crisis, but that sounds way too much for normal days.

I remember when i was levelling my doom horse afk over 5 days, i was riding from altinova to grana and back in a loop and in those 120h not even once did i get killed.

2. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i got charged once - from leveling 2 horses to 30

with a lot of returning players its not unusual u would have more "mean" players coming back to the game just to annoy new players

AZzalor likes this.
  3. Jupiter Raynes

So you can understand my frustration. I'd rather be able to reach Awakened and continue to just be left out of the PVP aspects of BDO so I'd like the choice to stay at that level without advancing to forced PVP.

RedixArt and LucidKill like this.
  4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i can totally understand that but can u understand how annoying a player would be if they can just bail out of it

lets say u are protected till like lvl 60 (as some wanted) u could basically grind all high end spots with that (if u have the gear ofc) and noone could contest u - if u just ingore duels for spot there would be no way to "fight" for the spot the only remaining way would be wasting YOUR and their time griefing your rotation, trying to outgrind eachother etc, that would be a shitfest and quite toxic

im totally for pvp protection till 55.99% so with leveling to 56 and getting awak u are also accepting the risk of getting attacked

AZzalor likes this.
  5. Kubla

Same here questing at the Desert Nagas, seems like a lot of players are doing the 1000 naga kills for the event gear and taking out those trying to level that enter their grind location.

Just have to keep switching servers to avoid them.

LucidKill likes this.
  6. Jupiter Raynes

I understand. But it's not enough to keep me here is all that I'm saying.
    I don't expect anything to change but when folks like me move on to something else, you'll still have the same "mean" players chasing away more of the like minded folks like us.

RedixArt, LucidKill and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. woots

that's saddly what you get for having bad gamedesigner in charge, forced pvp is basicaly useless in the game unless that's your specific vision of it, yet the devs still force that on everyone

RedixArt and LucidKill like this.
  8. Factorial

So you are saying that the pve channel would be wanted by most people in BDO, hence over crowding. So how do we fix that? More pve channels. The over crowding also indicates most people in BDO don't really care about pvp.

Come on, back tracking now? At any rate, instead of crying about needing a lolcontrolled pvp, just learn to deal with pvp as it is. There's no longer any excuse about this or that issue on the pvp channel. You should also stop lying about everything.

So in effect, you are crying about kill stealing, but you are too scared of going to the pvp channel? You talk about pve channels will split up the pvpers, but are too afraid of going to the pvp channel to protect yourself from kill stealing. Like the rest of you so called pvpers, you should learn to handle the pvp channel instead of coming to the normal servers and crying about it.

Nope. A bad idea is a bad idea no matter how you look at it. Pearl abyss was smart enough to understand that in BDO, if you allow pvp at level 1 there would be a terrible consequence as a result of it. You keep promoting your bad idea, without thinking of the repercussions. Learn to look at things from all angles. If you continue to think that your bad idea is good, the best I can do is continue showing you your mistakes.

Phoenixxx75 and woots like this.
  9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nobody argued about the pvp channel having an issue. If you want to pvp, it's a good place to be.
    But that doesn't mean that the normal owpvp system is bad and needs a rework.

Also you should stop lying about everything.

Smileybones likes this.
  10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Basically, that's promoting KS as an acceptable way to grief each other. Cool!?

Badmouth count +1
    To take your own words, just learn to deal with BDO pvp as it is. It shouldn't hurt so feeling so much and it is how the game has been designed.

Badmouth count +1
    Repeat after me : PvPvE players. At this point, this obsession of separating pvp players and pve players is getting ridiculous.
    No wait, it is ridiculous from the beginning in BDO, because BDO is PvPvE.
    PvPvE is what proves you wrong. Too bad for you.

PvP from lvl 1 does not fit BDO's game design. It could, but with enormous changes that would require many tweaks, tests, resources and would it really be a necessary change given BDO's current situation? Would it really bring a sufficient benefit to counterpart the drawbacks?
    As such, pvp from lvl 1 would effectively come with terrible consequences as a result of it, we effectively have to think about the repercussions. Right?

Now, read this answer again and replace "pvp from lvl 1" by "pure pve channels", it works really fine too.

IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  11. Waifu_Hunter

and after it gets moved up instead of whining about getting killed "for no reason" it will be whining about "people with better gear grinding over me"

They've added many protection mechanisms for guilds and tweaked the karma system so much that it's better for murderhobos to hang out on arsha because nobody has time to go grind karma after every 3 kills and yet people come to arsha, get killed, and cry about dying on the only channel in the game with no karma penalties and is clearly listed as (PVP) channel. The best move PA can make is to just ignore whiners, that's all.

#231 Waifu_Hunter, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    IWalkAlone, AZzalor and Sadalsuud like this.
  12. woots

considering most, if not all grind spot have a "recommanded AP" if you correctly choose your grind spot according to your AP, you will have no issue, "better geared" players wont matter more than same AP player for the "grind over me"

And i know its true since the other day a musa that killed my sorc at polly in 2skills while my sorc barely damaged him still didnt succeed to "grind over me" and in the end that guy left mad to no have "every mobs"
    ( ofc dont be stupid and play a who ks who )

As for players complaining about beeing killed in arsha, well, remove the pve buff, and you will have only left thoses willing to happyly gank each other.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Only that the "recommended AP" is complete bs and far away from reality...going to desert nagas and grinding with 110ap will let you kill like 3-4 packs before those respawn while someone with 200ap will oneshot the packs and can kill half of mainspot alone.

14. woots

its "bs" only to one shot pack, for that you indeed need more, which doesnt change in the end what i've said once you os or 2skill pack.

15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

So the need to rework grind spots first... As we're saying.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Factorial

If you think I am promoting kill stealing, you will have to restart on reading comprehension all over again. The fact that you keep complaining about kill stealing is an association of not being on the pvp channel. Why are you complaining about a problem that the game already solved? The thing is I have destroyed all your arguments and the only one left in your purse is kill stealing. If you weren't pretentious about this whole pvp thing, you would be on the pvp channel and dealing with any problem that pvp comes across including kill stealing. Or are you going to hide behind pvp channel being lol "boring"? So what's your excuse now?

Level 1s being open to pvp is a bad idea from the get go. I am not surprised that you would promote and endorse it. I have com to understand that you love to promote terrible ideas. See, even you seem to understand that bdo can change and adapted to what we want. Ironic, since you been saying otherwise all this time.

You clearly said that there is a problem with owpvp as it is right now, which is false. You keep asking for this lolcontrolled pvp which is rather crazy when you think about. So, you lied again. Again, more pretentiousness about respecting pvp while at the same time running away from the pvp channel. Then you want owpvp to be "controlled" to something you can handle since it's "annoying" to you. Yeah right, no.

17. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ah lucky me i have 260 ap so i can easily grind stars end and noone can outgrind me
    upload_2020-3-28_12-47-14.png

Smileybones and AZzalor like this.
  18. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Promoting pure pve channels in the current BDO is promoting KS.
    You're doing it.

And badmouth count +1. Seriously, you have nothing better to do than spreading lies about me?
    PvPvE rules. I'm PvPvE, BDO is PvPvE, the only illogical thing to do is come to a game and complain about one of its core features.

You're illogical and stuck in your own fallacies, and the simple concept of PvPvE already destroyed any argument you tried to use.
    As such, we can use Arsha or regular channels as we like, because that's how the game is. PvPvE on every channel that is not time restricted.

Can you do the same with pure pve? No, right? Because devs decided to emphasize BDO owpvp on one channel, but they chose not to do it with its PVE.

Pure pve channel are a bad idea from the start too. That's what you promote.
    Changes are ok, that does not mean we have to try any stupid change that would hurt the game. Just for the sake of testing it for a handful of players, while slapping in the face the real undeniable majority of PvPvE players

Smileybones likes this.
  19. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

On normal servers there is...and that is the opinion of the devs, not mine. Go argue against them if you disagree, but not me.

Smileybones likes this.
  20. Spartakatz

obviously people asking for this ONLY to be able to grief the **** out of everything.

because if you play in a normal way, those 5 additional levels to 56 are done in like 30 minutes. so it would make only sense for people that deliberately don't level up, so they can avoid owpvp

AZzalor likes this.