1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should PVP cap be moved from level 49 to level 56 or 59?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Mar 22, 2020.

?

Should the pvp cap be moved up?

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. The Gray Lady

Just because we get them there faster doesn't mean we don't help them. I was merely making a point.

Look, all I was saying is that it is literally so easy to get to 56 compared to the effort to get from 56 to 60. The little hiccup at 50 to be able to PvP goes by almost unnoticed. For new players who level quickly they can be thrown into a PvP situation quickly with very few skills that make a difference. How many of us have told someone "everything changes at awakening?" All of a sudden the character that you're playing is unrecognizeable and you have to relearn it. With those new skills, you have a whole host of options for offense/defense that you didn't have before.

I stand by my choice. 56 should be the PvP threshold, not 50.

#301 The Gray Lady, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Factorial likes this.
  2. BaconofWar

Aren't the "Growth" servers no-PvP? I didn't see a PvP on/off icon when I was on it. When I had to leave for the "regular" servers the icon was there.

3. Too Much Coffee

Absolutely. There are so many life skill friendly things that have arbitrarily high level caps. The desert trade buff, ship cannons, GM boxes. Just let me do my fluffing sailing dailies on my life skilling main. Having to camp a high level alt out in the ocean just for life skill dailies should not be something i have to do.

RedixArt and Vortexii like this.
  4. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

The problem is that it is not only linked to pvp but also to pve, by allowing a safe grind in medium or even high level grind spots (depending on the level decided as the threshold).
    PvPvE game.

5. MaxineUK69

One way could be to set the PK just in an actual grinding spot starting at lvl 56, and alter quest lines to not need mobs and items from those PK spots.

So grinders can go PK the hell outta each other, but those who want to just pve, life skill, do quests can go about freely and safely not bothing the grinders.

Most times if I'm questing I'll look out for players and ask if I can join party so their kills will complete my quests then I'm not messing up their rotations, most tend to be total assh*les and just pk for the hell of it, but do get a couple of nice players that help out, but point being, I wouldn't be there in first place if quest didn't force me to be so.

So it's a very easy problem to solve, but we all know it will never be done in a way that helps the community.

6. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I read this as basically. ~I want to be able to curbstomp low level players who can't even touch me nor have the basic Awakening or Succession skills.~ The excuse that it's a PvPvE game is just a smokescreen for your true motivation. Just like Barcode or other top end guild dropping down on T2 to curbstomp players that stands no chance.

I mean I would respect player like yourself. If you would just come out and say. "I like the grief and bully the weak because it's fun. And it would destroy my fun to not have baby seals to club." Because honestly who do you guys think yall are fooling.

What threat does a lvl 58 pose at Hystria,Star's End, or the other high end grind spots? They can't even hit the target's let along the players that are able to grind there. Yet I see a lot of these high end guilds grieving low end spots like Pollys and Bloodwolves.

RedixArt and woots like this.
  7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Again a complete nonsense comment from you. At midgame/endgame grindspots, everyone is already way past lvl56.

And someone lvl58 at endgame spots can still **** up your pulls and thus ruin your efficiency.

The argument "you only want to kill low geared players" simply does not work in bdo because you don't have your gearscore over your head. If i attack someone, i can't know if this guy has 500 or 600gs and if he'll turn on me and oneshot me or i oneshot him.

8. Vortexii

In all the years of playing 10,000's of active hours I have never had a situation where some low level was just messing with my pulls in an End Game location.

Good theory though.

Also @Fearless V 's points where well explained and valid. I had no issue comprehending or rationalizing any of them. They seemed to be pretty fair statements.

There is a consistent theme here. You @AZzalor and those pushing that ideology are the problem. Your self fulfilling intentions impose upon others in the community.

Also, you can never address real points. What do you care whether ALL the other servers are PVP or PVE. You belong permanently on Arsha. Never allowed to change back. You should practice what YOU PREACH.

RedixArt and woots like this.
  9. johnnified

As I said....

Lvl55 99.99%

That should be the new cap. You can't unlock and get your more powerful absolute skills leaving you a bit weakish, but you cant get awakening or succession. You will be able to get to higher level places to lifeskill if you wanted but not actually grind.

You want Awakening or Succession you have to enter the PVP world.

If we moved the cap to lvl 60 like some carebears want then we add the option for them to enter PVP before then and we block their access to the rabam, absolute, awakening, and Successions skills/quests.

AZzalor likes this.
  10. woots

considering the forced pvp isnt bound to any single pve game system ( quest, reward, activitie made for and around.. etc ) in the end there would be no reasons to even force any players to enter the forced pvp possibility to go throught a pve having no use of that.
    Since at this point, for a option having no real purpose in game ( other than an opinion and "feeling" ) they are forced to accept something that only satisfy only a part of the players.

Somes players think its "necessary" to "solve" grind spot issue, yet its not even needed since you can fully use pve "solution" (=grinding faster )
    Even for that its not needed, unless that's your very own idea, which still differ from a pve game system having any use of that "option"

11. johnnified

False, PVP in this game is actually a big part. Aside from scheduled node/seige wars, PVP is an element to be used to wage war on other guilds and create a place of war and fighting for loot. Its why they make sure to limit resources for EVERYONE... so we fight over them. Forced PVP should not go anywhere.

Lvl55. You can still do your PVE content up to a certain point till you put on Big Boy Pants and learn how to play your class fully.

IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  12. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Mmmh... Your respect or... An undeniable truth... What will I choose?
    :D

If the limit is put at 56 (included), it will simply allow a player at 56 to safely grind at medium spots while a lvl 57 player will have to deal with potential owpvp conflicts. Even if the lvl 56 has a better gear, this does not even matter, sounds crazy right?
    If the limit is put at 60 or even 59, even Mirumok will be a no pvp area as long as the players have a good gear.
    Facts. Truth. Undeniable.

Now, my extrapolation are the following :
    - the same situation between a lvl 49 and a lvl 50 is not a problem as players will quickly move beyond these levels, even as beginners, and the matching grind spots are not interesting.
    - many players will deliberately stay at the limit for their own personal goals, above all of activating pvp still needs to accomplish a quest. As such, I don't think that all of them will be kind, willing to share anything.
    - when in a game, such changes happen, some players will always try to find the best way to grief others : as such, if the limit is put at 59, you can be sure that these griefers will put on their shiny defensive stuff and go on Hystria, Star's End, not for the grind, but for the pleasure of ruining other's rotations. For example, a good way would be to destroy the crystals in Star's End before the right moment. Just for the lolz.
    And some players, some toxic guilds are totally ready for such stupidity.

So no. A pvp restriction based on territory, or current gear score, or a mix of this with the level would be smarter than a restriction based on level only.

What he preaches belongs to every regular channels + Arsha. You're the stranger there.

IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Lets focus on this group of statements from you.

You are ok with high geared bullys bullying the weak. Why not just come out and say it. You like baby seals clubbin with the rest of the bored high gear score players. That why they all congregate to 2 or 3 guilds instead of spreading out for competition. That's why instead of fighting each other, they fight others who stands no chance. Where I'm from we call that type of person a coward.

In my limited time playing BDO even at Trees. I have never seen anyone non-PvP character come grief a location. But you want to know what I did see on normally. Some one at Pollys or Bloodwolves who is immune to attacks but can one or two skill players down. And guess what that is normal.

TL/DR It's ok long at it's only the high geared that are able to grief, and go baby seal clubbing for salt and tears. This is another reason why Pearl Abyss is slowly moving away from the Forced PvP doctrine.

RedixArt likes this.
  14. woots

Yet guild war declaration also is a meaningless option, do you earn anything from that ? dedicated loot ? dedicated reward ? dedicated game mode with particular rule ?
    I guess not right ? its just a "pvp mode" that is only here to happyly slaughter "enemy" guild during XX minutes until someone get bored.
    Its what ? just a "look i'am """"""better"""""" " ? and that's it. Still not a single pve system bound to that.

Fightning for loot ? you can perfectly only use pve => grinding efficiency perfectly work and i would say even better since no pk can make a player leave a grind spot, while, dont let him enough mob to grind, other player will more likely leave. pve "solution" >>>>> forced pvp.

The need of pvp for that is only your (so somes others) personal opinion =/= game needing it.

As i said several time now, that forced pvp is a leftover of PA original plan that never got included in any pve system that was developped when their plan radicaly changed.
    There is no more reasons to force that on any players.
    Giving players the choice to use that or totaly opt it out, sure, there is indeed no reasons to prevent anyone from using it with others players sharing that wish.

15. Prochilles

No, simply because someone could take over grind spots or hard troll grinders by being not being able to be attacked. Hell even I would do the former.

I do like the idea though, but they'd have to add another mechanic to prevent issues, which obviously means another exploit would occur.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. woots

players, if they really look for that can perfectly already do that, take an boss alt or whatever alt with gear having no crystal and where you are at 0.00% of a level and you are good ( just in case the one flagging try to use the "mob feeding" )
    Get pk ? just take 30sec to run back.

Players just arent such troll to do that as the race over income keep everyone "busy enough" "no one" want to waste time like that.
    I honestly doubt that pk actualy scare players making them "behave correctly" tho. ( but indeed somes players can take that far more personaly since they are "directly concerned" )

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I never argued against your going for 56 at all. My comment was meant to suggest that grinding anyone to level them is not really helping them at all. Apart from that I am all for making the pvp threshold much higher but personally I would like to see the removal of force pvp on some channels instead.

RedixArt and Jena like this.
  18. Vortexii

PVP should be enabled for ONLY 50 or lower. That way higher players can't gank them and all the PVPers can quit your god damn crying about gear score because they won't get off their a$$ and earn it.

Just a thought ;)

19. Jena

Yes but you have to leave game for 30 days to use this server. It was created for new players, not just for ones that didn't want to pvp. I do not want to leave the game for 30 days.

RedixArt likes this.
  20. Jena

A scroll could be created to be used to stop forced pvp or pk. Sell for loyalty points or something like that. Carry and use the scroll, no pvp, not use the scroll, then be susceptable to forced pvp. It would have to last an hour or two so one could be safe while grinding their area. That would be the easiest for the company and easy for us to use.

RedixArt and LucidKill like this.