1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should PVP cap be moved from level 49 to level 56 or 59?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Factorial, Mar 22, 2020.

?

Should the pvp cap be moved up?

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. woots

i'am not trying, you should stop think i'am trying something,like a "i only want to say bad things about forced pvp just for the sake of doing it" ( except maybe pull your head out of your miss conception )
    Seriously i'am not childish enough to do such things

But you arent anymore on AA, now you became a pleb pve grinder, you might was a pvpve-r depending of your intensive pvp activity in AA

2. LeCordonBleu

It doesn't matter. Like you said, it's a breeze to get to 56 nowadays. The vast majority of the players (including new players) don't encounter field pvp until they get to the more popular zones, which they need to get to 56 first to be efficient in.

I can see this benefiting leechers that afk on the trees, but once again, if you die, simply run back the 30 second distance. You're low level and low gs, the pker will tank in karma, meaning it can't be a prolonged session of one sided power showcase.

I can also see this resulting in abusers disrupting rotations at places like polly and the like, which are places you can grind pre-56 with a twinkie.

And no, level required to pvp should never ever be raised to 59. Stop trying to casualize this game more than it already has become due to people like you crying about pvp.

Was there really a point of making a thread for something so irrelevant?

PS - Nice intentionally biased poll setup. Your initial question asks between 3 options but the poll only has 2 options.

#42 LeCordonBleu, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  3. crosspath

56 would be the thing, not 59, that can be really abused. I guess that it means being safe up to 55.99

Getting 56 allows awakening and that can bring problems.

Make this a suggestion or worth for nothing.

4. Myntiix

Whats the difference between 49.99 and 55.99?

5. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

You're not childish, but you're still insulting me because I disagree.
    Still, about BDO :
    Word from the Developers about PvP

[GM NOTE] Listening to our Adventurers’ Voice (Feat. Thailand)

https://m.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/3465

In fact, to me it would be better to keep a pvp protection depending on the stuff currently equipped or in the inventory (no protection if you own a single piece of combat equipment at DUO or above), or widen the safe areas in game (like Balenos, Serendia, even Calpheon!), or even a mix of both.

But simply moving the level of pvp activation is a short - sighted solution.

IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  6. Trypta

Why though? I don't understand this mindset, PvP is a feature. Why do more features need to be removed from a game that is already lacking in exciting content?

I repeat, PVP is a feature; it's extra gameplay, not a punishment or something to be scared of. I've played this game on several regions - grinding can get monotonous and having spontaneous PvP can mix things up a bit and make things a bit exciting. I recently introduced a friend to this game when it went free on steam and he honestly thought it was boring and compared it to Dynasty Warriors where you mindlessly bashed through enemies- that was until he finally got competition over a grindspot at helms against a party and he had a tonne of fun, despite being completely new.

BDO is a sandbox game; keep the sandbox elements please. PKers/Griefers are rare from my experience since the karma system is so harsh these days. Also, introducing PVP earlier into the game, even if characters don't have skill points means that they learn their character at a more gradual pace- and they learn about other classes too without having everything thrown at them all at once. I would argue having more PVP at lower levels would prepare new players for higher level PVP because you're not just suddenly throwing them into the thick of it.

7. Vortexii

Sorry, but if you are entertained by the sht fest called PVP in BDO you should be even more entertained by PVE. The PVP absolute broken sht on every level. The only entertaining part is toxic griefing and trolling others. Even on Arsha. I kill players nearly instantly and it's a BORE fest. The only time Arsha is even fun is just dominating others.

The entire CC mechanic is pure SHT. I would rather just die to a single button press than wait for a boring combo. Killing others players is completely unsatisfying. 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 is a complete train wreck of trash mechanics.

There is simply no value in PVP at all.

8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

No, because noobs can just go and try to mess with your rotation without you being even able to kill them.

9. woots

I dont insult you, you are the only one seeing that as an insult, BDO is a pleb grinding game, i'am a pleb grinder when i play like everyone else here
    its straight forward, there is no challenge, you just turn your brain off and you kill dumb AI, until you change your gear to do the same thing in a different looking environment. ( or you mainly dont play the game by beeing afk during life skill ), well you can also be a reader when you do questing ( at least that reading part actualy is pleasant )
    Even when i saw the behavior of all pk-er i could "meet" in all thoses BDO years, that's everything except pvp in a sense of players willing / liking / having fun to fight each other. Its in 95% of the time a player quickly killing a player to keep braindeadly kill sandbag AI, that's the top level of the sh#ttiest gamedesign you coud even dream about.
    ( lets be nice by pretending 5% of the case is otherwise )

I mean, that's how the game is, pretending otherwise would be lying.

Yeah so what about thoses link ? still the same link where they promise "stuff," since there isnt any detail it mean nothing, just vague talk only making your imagination work
    Still not a AA - moonlight blade etc with deeper involvement of pk in the pve environment ( and nearly thanks god considering that bad gear "progression" design )

they also say that themself ;
    => go consensual pvp mode if you want to kill players.

about the
    Guess they fail to themself understand what "choice" mean, and that their "safeguards" still doesnt prevent from beeing bothered with a meaningless pk when its not your interest.

putting pk at level 60 actual would make it more as a choice in playstyle Or if the level 49.999 quest was purely optionnal without locking character in their progression for not doing it.
    And if they consider themself level 49.999 lock as a "ok" safeguard, i'am sorry, but at that point they are even worse gamedesigner than i ever thought.

about pvp protection depending of gear, with pri you do barely nothing as many kama quest request you to kill mobs you will barely scratch with a full pri.
    that would sure allow more freedom than the current level 49.999 yet you will still be very limited in pve.
    full tri and protected would be more reasonable, even if again, considering how forced pvp only is a standalone system, limiting pure pve because of that, is already straight stupid.

EDIT : about their pve - pvp special area thing, no idea what they are actualy going to do, but in that case, sure, THAT considering they are bounding pve & pvp in a dedicated area, pk will make sense.
    unlike for the entier other part of the pve.

#49 woots, Mar 23, 2020
  10. Trypta

Honestly, the whole system needs a rework, and if you only have fun pvping is from dominating other people then you're enjoying the power fantasy over other people, you're not actually enjoying the PVP; which you've made clear yourself anyway.

PVP in BDO needs to be involving and fun from low level, it needs tweaking, not disabling. The trailers (notice they're mostly combat trailers?) and the combat system is what lures most new players in - look at all the most popular online games in the west at the moment, what are they? They're PVP games, Apex Legends, Overwatch etc.

New players aren't scared of PVP, those who are, are only put off of it from having bad experiences in the game and that's down to power creep.
    The problem with BDO is that there's no way to have fun PVP until late-game. Currently as it is, you wait until you're high level, spend months grinding for gear before you're really able to compete at a competitive level where you're not getting one shot by people who have been at cap for months/years.

New players get bored and leave because they realise the mountain they have to climb before they have proper access to what probably got them interested in the game. If PVP was enabled at lower levels and they were slowly introduced to it, this would be a far better player experience than grinding through content, unlocking what you wanted in the first place and then getting one-shot by people with PEN/TET gear and then realising you have an even bigger grind ahead of you, with a shitty RNG upgrade system included now too on top.

New players should have a system where they can fight other new players and actually have fun.
    RBF is an awful example of this, new players are just cannon fodder and for a lot of them, this is their first experience of PVP in the game, how disheartening and off-putting would that be?
    You end up with people who avoid PVP like the plague because it's been poorly thought out and implemented. Open-world PvP for some is the only chance new players get a potentially fair fight in PVP, even if it potentially includes getting destroyed by more geared players - because that's what would happen in the other pvp systems in the game at the moment anyway.

RBF should be reworked - there should be different level tiers, and capped stats to stop twinks- the stats which they are capped at should vary depending on the level bracket. There should be an equalised gear option for each as well.

I'd also argue that it would be beneficial to lower the PVP level- and set stat caps against other players in the open-world at low levels too.

o0ABC0o and IWalkAlone like this.
  11. Sandpit_

Also don't forget, back in the early days, NA/EU only had +15 green gear. Boss and PRI+ got added later.

Amirite likes this.
  12. Mjollnir

Enable PvP only if 500+ GS (or 480, better).

GnatGoSplat likes this.
  13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Oh someone beats me cause i suck, let me just take off gear and he can't kill me anymore.
    Yeah sounds like a good idea

Fateneko likes this.
  14. Mjollnir

And what's wrong with this ? If someone acts like that on me, I'm smart enough to hop away, it's not written anywhere I have to always win, even if I'm more geared or better. If someone outsmarts me, it's my loss and his/her win, but end of the day, I won't lose nothing, maybe 120k Karma - which indeed is nothing. Better being outsmarted than beaten due to class privileges.

15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Your personal opinion is only your problem, not an argument.

High level of cherry picking, and very personal interpretations of their words. They said their projects themselves, they even already put some of them in-game but your narrative is still based on the idea that their words are not reliable.

About the fact of not being able to make kama quests, well... That's part of the PvE, knowing my position, you shouldn't be surprised that I'm advocating a restriction that does not allow to do it, right?
    If the gear restriction does not fit, so let's go with the territory restriction. Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, after a second thought even Mediah seems fine to me, but no for the rest.

On a side note, it is funny that you quote a thing that mention the "desert itself". So the desert can be a dangerous area and you would classify it as a "consensual pvp" area?
    Well, I don't mind if they want to apply the desert PK system to all the map. If the victim can't rez on spot at all, at least.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Mjollnir

Territory restriction isn't a bad suggestion, most really pvp centered games have PvE areas (those controlled by a faction, where any other faction is just cannonfodder for NPCs) and contested areas (where each faction has same chances, higher rates/loot to incentivate ppl to go there). Definitely an intriguing and explorable solution.

Fateneko likes this.
  17. Dalenos

Both 56 or 60 is find I prefer 60 though >.>

18. Vortexii

Yes, actually that's the best way in completely open game worlds and Arsha sometimes. You just sit in front of your opponent and die repeatedly. You see they are not looking for "good competitive player vs player" like you would in Halo or Street Fighter.

Stop being naive and figure out that BDO caters to toxicity and trolling. Despite how much Kakao tries to cover that up because it's horrible for sales.

You see........... When your over whelmed you can simply shove it in your opponents face by refusing to participate.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!! I did this in a few open PVP games. No restrictions. I just went back and sat in front of people. They CAN'T STAND IT. They want you to be MAD BRA!!! It takes literally all the fun out of it for them.

Sorry, but the PVP in BDO is complete garbage. These fundamental problems will NEVER be fixed.
    In fact, it's probably going to just get worse like Lineage II. The long term players and Pay2Win will just dominate.

Look at Arsha ROFL. Catch up mechanics LOL. No the POWERFUL GET EVEN STRONGER. The drop boost on Arsha is one of the dumbest things Kakao could have done. It's a Pay2Win, Reroll, No Life, exploit, Cheese fest.

#58 Vortexii, Mar 23, 2020
    f8Xtractor likes this.
  19. Amirite

Good times :)

20. Amirite

I actually wonder why they haven't moved the Pvp cap yet, while they introduce non pvp on Olivia and the new Season Servers.
    I'm not sure if am for or against it, I just think the PvP in BDO is far from a fun factor of what I enjoy about be PvP.