1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show some love for sailing! (ie: Pet buff, Easier exp gain, Ship skins etc)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GlitterBear, Jan 13, 2019.

1. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

Here are some ways you can improve the seas.. You have a large community that loves your oceans and you could be doing so much more with them. It could increase your player base by offering more opportunities than node wars. If you place all your eggs in one basket you have greater potential for failure in the long run.
    1. Add more seamonsters (different kinds)
    2. Make ships dyable and skinnable (including guild ships)
    3. Increase the amount of exp for sailing and dailies. (It is the only skill that takes years to get to master and decades to get to guru)
    4. Allow platoons to show family names
    5. Add on to Port Ratt let us explore the area on that island (you got a 20 minute drive out there to 5 npc's? such a waste)
    6. Initiate a sailing pvp addition like node wars
    7. Bring in Cthulu.. let's get more ocean world bosses on ALL 10 servers instead of select server spawns.
    8. Bring back the ghost ship skeletons that boarded our ships and drop cool loot
    9. Increase the drop rates now that you have your taxes imposed
    10. Add more and different kinds of ships
    11. Add onto the oceans and allow us access to grana port and arehaza to be able to sail around the WHOLE continent.

#1 GlitterBear, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    MENT, DrunkSmurf, Maginha and 12 others like this.
  2. adreilin

*showing love and support to the post to make the seas more enjoyable for everyone*

GlitterBear likes this.
  3. Aineko

+1 for customizable watercraft and more ocean content!

GlitterBear likes this.
  4. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

until they fix lag and dsync on the ocean dont think anything needs to be added
    and this is coming from someone that loved sea combat in archage

MoonDance17 likes this.
  5. Durakus

ftfy

And from me:
    • Add items that allow self-navigation of ships (plot courses).
    • Increase ship size significantly.
    • Add on to ship size increase: Make it so only your ship, friends ships, and guild ships are visible while in Town/Port.
    • Add on to ship size increase: Make an Interior to ships that can be decorated, slept in, and dyed/altered.
    • Better more intuitive ship controls to make combat fun instead of tedious.
    • Remove dismount Cannon cool down . It's dumb.
    • Make wind and weather affect speed so there are faster and slower routes in the sea.
    • Make Better water. It looks and behaves terribly.
    • Rough weather physics: Speed up or significantly slow down boats depending on how they tackle waves and wind.
    • Make stations on the boat (crows nest etc.) manned by players give bonus' at the success of Minigames during specific manoeuvres or weather behaviour (hitting a wave, turning sharply. Targetting a ship/seamonster etc).

6. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

all those would actually be kinda cool in other games but not in this one...
    long distance sailing is still annoying (im pro+ sailing and was almost pro before veila/eph sialing daileis so im kinda used to it)"Add on to ship size i
    really dont think it would be benifical at this point at all

"Add on to ship size increase"
    did you mean ship size increase? that kinda weird wording or im just tired..

7. PurplePumpkin

+1

Also are there sunken ships with treasure? If there isn't, there should be! \( o O o )/

GlitterBear likes this.
  8. Durakus

Add on, as in part of the ship size increase or the reasoning behind the addition BECAUSE of the ship size increase. It would be horrible if the ships doubled in size and everyone had to deal with 10 ships in docks but twice the size. etc.

Also saying "that would be fun except in this game" is the attitude to why this game is not improving or more fun. Making content more interesting is never a negative. And it doesn't take away from what already exists. If you auto-navigate you get there in the time frame you usually would. But activate participation means you can go faster, earn exp opportunities and advance your sailing career. It's not fun or interesting Holding W for 20 minutes.

9. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

yeah im reading that as you wan the ships to be bigger in size
    the reason i said except this game is mostly be because this game is clearly having issues with ocean content
    anything on the water becomes insanely laggy dsync'y and add those suggestion i can only see it becoming more so

MoonDance17 and Maginha like this.
  10. Haunten

yeah different sea monsters in different regions like around grana would be neat

GlitterBear likes this.
  11. Trixstor

+On ship skins and a rework of exp for sailing; 65 years for Guru lvl 1 is UNACCEPTABLE*

MoonDance17 and GlitterBear like this.
  12. jessejames1313

Haunten and GlitterBear like this.
  13. adreilin

14. Rayin

To do that they should first improve the manuverability of boats, the movements of Sea Monsters and the Sea content in general, else they'll just add bugs on top of already existing unfixed bugs, more desync, more lag, more issues to begin with.
    • Galley and Frigate should sail faster than they do as right now Fish & Shark outfit match their speed and make boats as a minor necessity, worth only as group content, rest is just outweighted by their swimming speed and the fact that if you just want to travel swimming is smoother and less bugged.
    • WASD movements should be fastened and improved. Boat should move with A and D if you stand still, not so fast but certainly not slowly or not at all.
    • If you press S to "brake" with the boat, the sail should open and you should slow down, 2 seconds after it should stop.
    • If you want to dismount even if the boat is running, you should do it, as it's frustrating to wait for it to be perfectly immobile, especially with such clunky controls.
    • Ramming other boats should cost more HP, collision with other surfaces should cost HP, in this way it'd be legit to wait for the boat to stop moving if you want to dismount, if you don't care just dismount and smash against a rock, it's your own fault. Let's make sailing more realistic and not something frustrating.
    • Cannons should deal more damage but you should be able to dismount when you wish, just add a cooldown on player like "Sea disease" that doesn't allow you to mount on another cannon or to drive the boat as long as it's running.
    • Once they fix ramming and cannoning stuff, they should rework Sea monsters: they should still be targettable and hittable if they're resetting, also they should increase their aggro of 3x to make the fight more dynamic and less centered around the "let's bug the mob between our boats so we can beat the heck out of it", with smoother controls it's perfectly doable to chase a monster on sea.
    • Give an utility to Mast, add an Harpoon Cannon in Sniper mode that deals more damage to players and Sea Monsters.
    • Make players that are driving the boat or are placed on top of the map "targettable", just give them a 20% DP bonus, so improve the overall hitboxes. Trina Muskets would have in this way their own use, as if you're playing Mystic for instance you could just grab your musket, aim at the guy on top of the Mast and kill it like that or force it to dismount.
    • Improve the collision, hitbox of monsters and improve the hitbox, range, speed and movements while using Muskets and Cannon.
    Now let's get back to what you suggest:

1. Yeah, it's ok, as long as they fix the existing ones.
    2. Can be implemented even now, so yeah.
    3. Same as above.
    4. Nice idea.
    5. I don't get the idea, do you mean a teleport or a sort of autopath or are you suggesting to speed up the normal NPC transports that we currently have?
    6. I wish they would revamp the Sea Content in general first, else it'd be a "side content" partially fun, partially doable and for the most frustrating, probably even highly exploitable in some way.
    7. I love the idea, but still some fix are required before they can introduce a new Sea Boss, Vell doesn't even work properly, give a BiS stone and is just frustrating and highly unfair for everyone, especially those ones who disconnect repeatedly.
    8. Same as above. Ghost ship should follow you for a while, not block your path blocking in this way the autopath too and wasting your time.
    9. I won't comment that.
    10. Agreed.
    11. I still don't get that exactly.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  15. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Still be pressing "W" while eating insta-mash in a nursing home for me if it takes that long :D

MoonDance17 likes this.
  16. Trixstor

Ship skins when!?

GlitterBear likes this.
  17. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

sounds good so far.

regarding
    5. i think he means more to explore on the land behind PR...as of now you only have that small port and that's pretty much it.
    7. regarding the vell issues...i think they should just make him spawn on every channel like all other worldbosses, so that the 10 specific servers get a lot less load which should smooth things out because the players spread out more across the different channels.
    11. i think he means the "invisible border" that blocks you if you try to go south from Epheria at some point. Dunno about the problem with Arehaza though, as i think it is accessible through that canal that you use when going to Ancado

MoonDance17 likes this.
  18. Rayin

Yeah, Haso content, if i'm not wrong they stated that don't have any plan in that regard in the near future, i think they want to develope the maps around Drieghan/Kama first, then Valencia, then the island above and then perhaps Haso.

About Vell it needs a serious revamp, the issue isn't that is just a lag fest with boats clipping inside each other, the issue are plenty and getting rid of lag wouldn't change the fact that has been badly designed and as fun as shooting to a NineShark, just bigger than that.
    Add that Boss Trains would still occur and you'd have anyway 2500 boats per channel.

19. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

Bosstrains? didn't vell also have shared HP on those 10 servers?

20. Rayin

Ah well, if they did i might have missed the announcement as i'm not doing it anymore because i'd just waste one hour DC'ing and i wouldn't be able to reconnect.