1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shudad outfit on the market? Good Job, prepare for the crapstorm

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LordCrusty, Jun 5, 2019.

1. SoggyCow

I paid $100 for the outfit. You don't represent all of us. I was promised an exclusive outfit, they lied.

SpiralEnergy and Trellnor like this.
  2. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Im not claiming to represent anyone im calling you guys out on your bs. theres a difference.

flukeSG1 and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  3. SoggyCow

What ********? You live in La La Land Mr White Knight. I paid for an exclusive costume for $100. I was scammed. You live in fantasy land if you think I don't deserve what I PAID for. Ur nuts.

SpiralEnergy, Life2v and Draconnix like this.
  4. Asterotis

No, the costume is $30 like all of them + the added fee of the game and whatever else it came with, a single costume isn't $100.

flukeSG1 and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  5. Vorkrunne

Please give us the matching puppy and weapons.

We already have the costume.

The least you could do is give those of us who paid $100 for exclusivity a $78.50 pack.

What are we supposed to do with a duplicate costume? Sell it for chump change? Melt it into Crons? We've been playing since launch :/ We're good on silver and Crons.

What is an appropriate gift is to give us the matching pet and weapons we don't already have. Common sense.

6. Goyen

Im not gonna read the whole thing but i gotta ask for those who have been carefully following this thread.. Have you had any response from GM or CM on this issue given the amount of attention this has gotten? Because if they haven't that clearly shows their position on the matter so dont waste your time discussing this issue and take legal action already.

7. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Here you go, lol.

same picture.jpg

8. Stabby

I paid $40 bucks for the game. They paid $60 extra for an outfit, pet and crappy horse.

9. Thranduil

The issue isn't if we paid 100$ or 10$, the costume was advertised as exclusive and only those of us who started on day 1 should have it.

There are many costumes that KR has and we don't, why do they have to release the only one that will antagonize some of the players while at the same time invalidating the suposed exclusivity of a legacy item?

I suppose that after all the broken promises this one is minor, but was it really necessary to kick the veterans in the guts once more?

10. Factorial

Man, you white knights. Any sort of logic deflects from you instantly at greater than light speed velocity.

Meanwhile, you fail to see the fundamental and simple problem with this entire topic no matter how many ways it's succinctly stated. Keep worrying about the price/design and thinking that is the problem at hand. Continue in your absurd ignorance. You have every right to do so.

SpiralEnergy, Life2v and SoggyCow like this.
  11. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

I am one of those "proud owners" (lol?) of said original outfit, I did get the Conqueror package as soon as I decided to start my journey in BDO (must have been sometime in December 2015 I suppose). At headstart I just started my very first character (my first Valkyrie), by the way back then playing around with the char editor was a big part of the whole fun with the game, then threw the outfit on her and whatever other goodies, moved on, and kinda forgot it was even there.

3+ years later the character still wears it, well never felt it was something extraordinary or terribly "unique" (I see some people even call it ugly, whatever). It never felt like being a "ticket" to any "bragging rights" (say what???), for many years indeed I like to buy special, limited, collector's editions of games, because, well, it is one of my personal "vices", and that's about it. Never thought I needed to show the world what a "cool" or "elite" person I am by owing a copy, amazing ...

That being said though, there is certainly an element of truth when people say and feel cheated by the way the company has handled the whole affair. When you promise something to be exclusive, in a very public and large scale promotion, and at a high(est) price for a specific product, one would expect the company to at least honour their part of the agreement.

Now, of course, technically the "new glorious shudad" is not exactly the same as the original design, granted that. But, bloody hell, it IS very similar indeed, by all means. I neither have the knowledge myself to delve in legal details about what is "similar" and "exact same" and all those implications nor do I care enough really to waste more time and energy on the whole affair. However, I personally feel something ain't just right, and even if the company is somehow "legally covered" they still acted like cheap asshats, period.

And to conclude, let me just mention that PA isn't the first and certainly won't be the last to go this shady way. Let me just remind people that something very similar happened with ESO a few years ago, when they were aggressively promoting / advertising the upcoming MMO millions of Elder Scrolls fans were eagerly awaiting for years (and turned out to be quite the disappointment, at least at launch and for the first year or so). So then the chaps over there were, of course, offering a Collector's edition with all sorts of extra goodies, and on top of that, a couple of more-extra items if you actually pre-ordered very early and within a short period of time.

Guess what, I did just that and ordered my very precious physical copy, a lovely big box with this and that and codes for all the digital stuff too (and it was mighty expensive and a pain in the rear to get since it just happened that this awesome country here was at the peak of a major economic crisis and not only money was being tight, but there were severe restrictions in even buying anything from abroad). So I was doubly, triply happy, over the moon, when it arrived and I was ready to headstart ESO. Which I did and this and that and stayed there for 1,5 years, through all the major shite, until I had enough, but this ain't the point.

The point with this story is: after a few months they started to push their cash shop much harder onto players, they started to make everything available as long it would bring them some $ (that was the time after several major screw ups and people were angry and the game wasn't selling well anymore, classic story yeah?). Hell, they even introduced "value packs", when the bloody game had started completely different, not so long ago (rings any bells maybe?). Finally, they even made those "very special items" from the Collector's available, in any case, people could just get them by shopping around, real cheap for 2-3-5 bucks or so.

As with the Shudad here, it wasn't really something super important or major or having a great impact on the game. What it was, and what this shite here is, is freaking BETRAYAL of trust, and the effort and money and LOVE from dedicated players, who went that extra little step in being among the first to support the game and company, and many usually stay and endure through the initial stages and troubles, and why, even for years to come.

See, it isn't only those "greedy slimy Asians" doing it, how about those honest Americans that are purer than white, eh? Or for that matter we could name several others, Europeans too, does origin matter anymore? The industry is just FULL of shite, and everywhere, East and West, North and South, you do get screwed, eventually, maybe a little bit, maybe a lot more, just about anyone will do it now, even those carrying a "glorious" and commentable legacy (and could it be more shiny than something like Elder Scrolls or, yeah why, even Blizzard / Warcraft / Diablo etc?).

Sadly, this is the world we live in today. Whether we, the people, the players, the consumers, can actually do something (I believe we CAN, but that's an entirely different story and discussion) is debatable, but this is how the whole industry operates. And as for broken promises in the case of our beloved BDO, the list is just too long, and for those with short memories (or those who weren't here at the time) iI would suggest you search a bit through the old Forum and threads and posts, oh how about locating some stuff from old dear Jouska, for example, and see what was stated and promised? Yeah right.

Have a nice day! :O

#271 Ninnghizhidda, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  12. Ben Phoenix

I don't have time to read the whole post but I guess you are aware of the fact that people are meeting outside the forums to organize a lawsuit and not everybody posts here so yeah, numbers on forums don't really count.

Bye I guess.

#272 Ben Phoenix, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  13. Spartakatz

it's even funnier as the other thread shows some pictures, and they are completely different outfits lol just the helmet and shoulder parts seem somewhat similar.
    people probably just saw that the name is similar and immediately went hysterical.

Jannanomana, flukeSG1 and Lemon Crush like this.
  14. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

Im not upset cux shudad looks generic, however im not surprised cuz this is what they do, going back on their word. And that is the sad part

Trellnor, Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  15. kakodaimonos

I own the outfit and I'm not alright with this. Absolutely not.

16. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Stop with your ******** invalidating our reasons why WE bought the game. YES, we DID buy the most expensive package because of the outfit with weapons which was promised to be exclusive. We knew outfit gave us bonusses so helping us level faster in the early days where that small head start of 4 days max would make a huge difference. Grindspots were closed down by guilds ahead of the masses because every little boost they had, including the outfits. Outfits were special in our region Cus they would NEVER BE SOLD AGAIN.

You might not have, but speak for your goddamn self and stop invalidating our reasons because you disagree.

17. Fire of

Yes please tell me more about why I bought something. The only thing I wanted from the conquers pack was the outfit

18. Kema

One thing I will say, is that I still think there is enough difference between the costumes. However, I based that opinion on the female Shudad outfits. After taking a good look at the male variants, I can't say the same. :/

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  19. LordCrusty

The more i think about this whole thing the more i get angry over it, i didn't care at first but i'm actually getting angry over this.

I really hope someone/person(s) do take action on this, gaming companies not just PA/Kakao need to understand they can't do stuff like this and get away with it.

PA has been sitting us in a hot tub and casually turning the heat up without us making to much of a fuss, well guess what your hot tub users are finally at a point where it's to hot and are looking at there "options"

I personally don't intend to do anything but i do hope someone else does so you guys learn your lesson.

MoZex and Ben Phoenix like this.
  20. Kema

Although I can't agree completely, It's still funny. :P