1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege guilds dropping on T2 is stupid

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ChugsBeer2, Nov 12, 2019.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

that helps with mercs on nodewars.

but it doesnt help with overpowered guilds going to lower tier nodes. they should have 0 incentive to be there.

2. reconkangas

I agree zero incentive on T1&T2...T1 should be capped period no human ap bonus, evasion, dr% all should be capped according to easy (zero buffs),med(mid level),hard(high end but capped) and keep T1 for entry level guilds not this last bastion of high end players zerging honest guilds becouse they cant go around deleting players anymore.

This kind of trash is what ended us on node wars

Preslavv likes this.
  3. reconkangas

Yes we ran into the same problem, the main reason is they removed the restrictions and the payouts to guilds are similar from T2-T4 so no incentive not to steamroll weaker guilds on a T2 to get pay outs. It's basically free money and if they could do more than 1 node per night they would.

Is it ethical or moral from a fairness standpoint no absolutely its complete BS. But if your a guild trying to survive NO payouts means NO new recruits NO player retainment and player activities means people vanish very fast. I get it TBH if you are a guild with 100% active requirements and do weekly payouts you will attract people but most guilds are lucky with 30% activity.

It's sad really cuz yes we got steamrolled by blackrose as well on a T2. This last time we said enough is enough until its corrected we are through wasting our time.
    It's worse for a mid level guild we cant beat seige guilds straight up yet but are no longer GS of a lower end guild.

#23 reconkangas, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. Wrapped In Plastic

Speaking from the POV of a siege guild, we place on T2's to get fights. We encourage the other guilds on node to group up against us. The people claiming siege guilds do it for money, isn't the case. We do it because we want pvp and it's the only way we can get them.

5. WhySoSeeryus

yea, must be really fun pvp when it takes at least few (3+++)guilds to zerg on these op guilds to even stand a chance to continue their t2 business after 45 minutes of bodythrowing on guys with huge gearscore advantage. it aint fun and its killing the game for these guilds. you dont want "fights" you are after xxx:x kda scores.

Fearless V likes this.
  6. Wrapped In Plastic

Don't try and speak for us when you have no idea.

7. WhySoSeeryus

so u consider that "pvp", mowing down people with 50++++ gs difference?

8. Wrapped In Plastic

Fighting multiple guilds is a lot harder than you seem to think, regardless the strength of the siege guild. I don't think siege guilds should be trying to get into 1v1s with smaller guilds, but putting themselves in a position to get zerged out at least gives a win condition to other participating guilds. The fact is, there arent very many options right now for strong guilds in nodewars. Until they find a solution thats suitable to all parties, this is just how it's going to play out. I'm in favor for NW changes that allow for good fights, but you can't ask people to just not participate in nodewars because it "takes 45mins to beat them".

9. TeRRoRibleOne

Just so you know, none of those guilds do it for payouts. I myself am in a siege guild and I have not once taken my daily nor have I asked for a renew in over 4 months even with 10k contribution. Why? Cause if I wanted money I'll go earn it. I make more in an hr grinding than I do in a week if we won all 6 days nodewars. I'm going to repeat that, last payout I got 46m silver after winning 4 NW's that week. I spent more on whale pots than I made back with my payout. That isn't even adding in what was spent on siege nor any of the other buffs used during those wars.

I've also noticed most t2 guilds don't do simple things to get their AP/DP up like spending 1 million silver to get church buffs in any city, spending 25 energy at the one npc in Heidel to get a buff, using elixirs, or using house buffs. These are all common things used by siege guilds during a NW.

Last week we built on T2 and T3 nodes. Sunday we were 3v1'd by two guilds who had multiple ex-siege players in them, 2v1'd by two guilds once again with ex-siege players in them, two sticks since for some reason snipe guilds have been building with each other, 3v1'd again by guilds with siege players in them, and then 4v1'd by a siege guild and 2 guilds with ex-siege players in it. To say guilds don't have multiple people with over 580+ GS is disingenuous at this point. I know people with 640+ gear scores who do T1's. And guess what, the average GS of our siege guild isn't anywhere comparable to that of BlackRose or Snake and I'm talking 40+ GS lower.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

u could... u know .... pm guild xyz and guild zyx and ask "yo brahs, some quality pvp on t4 node? yus? gr8 meng, cu there."

because u r killing the game for others and there will be less and less people playing this shiet game if there will be 650+ gs dildos owning them on t2 nodes constantly.

11. Wrapped In Plastic

If only it were that easy, but it's not. Like I said, you are entitled to speak on things from your own experience being in a smaller guild, (I assume that you are). But you cannot try and dictate how siege guilds get their pvp if you do not understand the problems that they face.

12. WhySoSeeryus

i cannot dictate it for you, that is true, im saying you arent really pvping and you arent doing good for the game. it should be changed by the developers.

13. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

After reading this thread. I can conclude that if siege players have the same mindset as @Wrapped In Plastic then they call clubbing baby kittens "Gud Fun PvP" That type of mindset normally exist at the top end of all the Open World PvP MMOs I've played. (Eve Online, TERA, BNS, Mortal Online, ect.

The only difference here I'm seeing. Is the fact that RNG gates progression so hard and bad. That these types of players, can run around uncontested. Lets just say, if Pearl Abyss just completely nerf the bonus brackets. To cull these types of players power. We would not be in such a situation. Where a so called PvP focused game's PvP scene is being severely outclassed by PvP scenes from PvE focused games. { I am looking at GW2 and ESO }

But yeah from my reading on such subject. PvP in this game sounds like it is completely ruined by uncatchable power creep at the high end. To the point lower end players have no entry into PvP now in BDO. Did I get the gist of it?

14. Claydough

Remove all node tiers and restrictions add rng rewards you can see before you build on the node

spread everyone out

when theres no ‘tiers’ to focus on, seige guilds will likely start chasing the raw numbers, and if they have alot more options, its more likely you dont build on the same node as them

15. LightningFFXIII-4

Wanna know why Siege Guilds drop on T2 Nodes? Guild Payouts.

Literally the number 1 reason why BDO PVP scene has turned into a joke now.

Guild Payouts makes it impossible to Balance PVP, Permanently screwed gear progression for everyone, destroyed the economy back in 2018, encourages exploiting. Literally nothing good has come from this mechanic except keeping the strong stay strong so the rest of the sheep stay on the forever loop of trying to catchup.

If Crimson Desert is just like BDO but it keeps the Guild Payout mechanic, there's no point in jumping over since it will be just as broken as BDO in a few years.

Your best bet is to just NOT to PvP at all.

#35 LightningFFXIII-4, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  16. Deyric

Node wars aren't necessary for that. If it was just about setting up fights all you have to do is start up a open world war.

17. Wrapped In Plastic

"Just set up open world war" I swear you people are so out of touch and speak on things you have no idea about.

18. Deyric

Ah oh high and mighty one, then explain it too us out of touch how if it is just about the PVP, why do you need the NW?

19. Preslavv

This and this.
    Yesterday we were with alliance on T1 medium node, and we got stomped by T2 and above guild, in like 20 minutes. This is the major issue of T1 nodes - capping only pure AP and DP is plain stupid. One good step was to cap doom AP, but we need to cap eva, acc, and human dmg too in T1 nodes. What is the point then to have "capped" T1 nodes for less geared guilds, when you get destroyed anyway? Many of my guild members stopped going to T1 nodewars because of this, and since we cannot get full attendance in nw, our alliance will be disbanded...

Or devs should came with with another solution, in order to T1 capped nw work as intended.

And another thing, why there are so few guilds fighting in T2+ nodes (EU) as someone said? Its not because they are going for easy win against T1 guilds...? They will not fight vs equally geared folks in node that is suitable for them when they can easily win T1 node... And dont tell me they are not doing it for money from payouts... when they can get 6 nodes per week, even T1 medium or easy ones, why not?

So, this way or that way, the point is to somehow stop overgeared guilds attending T1 capped nodewars...

#39 Preslavv, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. reconkangas

Same is the case with our guild no one wants to get zerged most of our guildies quit do to this very issue. 99% wont do node wars after moving from T1 do to the above just to land on T2 to see black rose and multiple other siege guilds not only fighting but 2 or more working together as if 1 siege guild was not bad enough on a T2 this formally ended node wars for our guild.