1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent drop nerfs - can you feel it?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SweetsDealer, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Yes or No?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2020.
  1. Yes, i can feel it.

55.7%
  2. No, it's fine.

36.1%
  3. Not sure...

8.2%
  1. SweetsDealer

I keep seeing these silent drop nerfs that no one is adressing.
    The main issue here is not about the accesories nerf drop it's the little things like Black stones, Spirit dust, BMC.
    Why am i saying this?
    I was off work in the last 3 days, made some 8 hours grind sessions each day, 2 in Stars End and one day in Aakman.
    I like to grind, and i'm not talking about 1-2 hours with 1 hour break in between.
    Stars End was something like 50-80 blackstones ( of both) 2-6 BMC's or more and 50 Spirit dust each hour, on an average of 4800 trash per hour with LS.
    I'm not adding clear black crystal cause that's really random, u can get none for 3 hours and then u can get 4 in 1 hour, i think it's in the same category as the acc.
    Aakman was something like 4-10 BMC's, 15-25 scrolls and i don't remember the blackstones exactly, around 30, that's per hour with LS.
    Now still rolling LS in Stars End i get 1-2 BMC's or none, 30-40 blackstones and 20-30 Spirits.
    Aakman is 1-2 BMC's or none, and 15 scrolls at most per hour with LS.
    I know about the 50% nerf in bmc's drops from the patch notes and the boost drop from last week but that was only for blackstones.
    I also run Kama buff ( 20%) non-stop and 17% drop from knowledge.
    I decided i won't spend another penny on BDO so i'm waiting to finish my Kama buff and 60 more hours to finish the LS's.
    I wonder how fun my grind will be after that.

Discuss.

2. Vortexii

There isn't data there to support anything substantial.

The best solution would be tracking software to show kills per hour/loot and the software recording and submitting the information so it can be analyzed on a larger scale.

Side Note: I purchased roughly 12+ Years worth of Kama Blessing from the MP and nearly all where under max price ;)

3. Blitzball

RNG is based on account. I know some people looting 2 disto earrings per day. Meanwhile , others people like me have no drop during a whole week :D

ManlyBeard and Kikux like this.
  4. Bonechi

Problem is there is no "silent drop nerfs", if they make any changes towards drop rate of items they will say in patch notes.

The problem you experiencing is something called RNG aka Random Number Generation, hear me out,
    everything is the game that drop excluding trash drops has a % chance to drop per kill, if for example an item has 1% chance to drop mathematically it is likely you will get said item within 100 mob kills BUT it is also possible you WONT get the drop for 1000 mob kills or maybe you could get one within your first 10 mob kills, That is in essence, RNG.
    For some people this concept is hard to comprehend and try and look for patterns and go under the mindset that they will 100% get a certain amount of drops within a specific time frame.

5. Vortexii

Lets turn this around on you.

For some people this concept is hard to comprehend (sound familiar?). You see the examples provided are not completely rare and can be a reasonable indicator. Also I noticed you completely ignored his claim about the time spent. When the OP tried to validate it by saying he wasn't casually playing just a few hours.

Also these things are very possible and can be done without notice. I don't believe ANY random posting about it until further verified, but as the OP stated he wanted more info on it.

So you should try a little harder next time.

Jinoro likes this.
  6. Bonechi

alright so lets go for an extreme example
    1 person grind the same spot with the same gear with the same efficiency for 100 hours
    The person got 38 rare drops and 220 black stones at the first 50 hours
    The said person also got 15 rare drops and 160 black stones on the last 50 hours

The person is now feeling frustrated as he didn't get equal or more than his first 50 hours and the person who cannot comprehend that RNG has almost no pattern and can be inconstant often, thinks its not RNG but the Devs has decreased his drops and try to shift blame to why he aint got the same or more drops with the same amount of time

You see what I'm getting at here.

7. LightningFFXIII-4

If there's no reason to grind then ppl be complaining of nothing to do. Best cheapest solution is to nerf drop rates on everything and encourage ppl to buy Kama blessings.

8. Diepel

Not this again... conspiracy theories left and right.

Darker likes this.
  9. ODB3698

Before we know it, it will be like Diablo 3 back in the day, where they were manufacturing items for the real money market place instead of letting them drop in the game. They had fake players listed as selling the items on the real money cash shop. I guess all these loot scrolls/kama blessings are our version of that.

Jinoro likes this.
  10. Vortexii

It's completely wrong. The real data would look something like this........

I hunted for Months at Crescents many year ago. Each individual hour ranged from 1-11 written scrolls. MOST would be 3-8 with a few outliers. However, the consistency was amazing.

If I started to see hours of 34 scrolls or consistently 0-1 it would HIGHLY abnormal. Especially if that trend continued for weeks or longer.

In fact it was so consistent you might have to hunt 100 - 200+ hours to ever get ZERO scrolls. So if I started seeing a pattern of that it would be absurd and lead to questions in changes.

So DO NOT THINK drops can't be reliable due to RNG. It depends on the specific example.

11. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Their fault for showing us how they try to openly manipulate us, it is then logical to be a little paranoid about the more hidden mechanics.
    And seriously, I wouldn't even be surprised if it was proven that they manipulate drop and enhancement rates to boost CS sales.

Jinoro, Solstistical, Life2v and 2 others like this.
  12. Ashaara

Does anyone remember this from the heidel ball? Wouldn't it be somel minima yet funny change for everyone? I love the phrasing from the last portion of this. It makes everything so ironic. Imaging Zodiac Signs always had those funny little effects on every character and know they just announced it officially. Damn the moment this one gets just one tiny bit of proof i will travel to korea just to shake hands with this devs for this brilliant milkling mechanic. *tinfoil hat too huge it eats ma brain*

Solstistical likes this.
  13. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

I went to SE, dropped an earring within 5 minutes. Left the grindzone instantly as I made my silver for that hour.
    RNG is and will be RNG.
    Sometimes I have a bad streak for 11 hours. Then I have a normal streak, and then bad again. Then a good streak of 3 accessories in 1 hour.

14. Andaro

Ambassador

- No, they did not nerf drop rates.
    - Yes, they will and would announce via patch notes if a rate change was applied.
    - No, accounts don't have "seeds" .... That conspiracy theory has been running amuck since 2005 with other KR-Gs.

When additional items (events or otherwise) are added to the secondary drop table, the chance for a specific item stays the same, but the rate will fluctuate.

#14 Andaro, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Bonechi likes this.
  15. SSIJ

Each time when in BDO start event which has something to do with the drop, "standard drop" to go haywire.
    For example last life skills "manos event". Many players report that something strange happened with shards and caphras drop from gathering. Sorry but event manos gear give us very high mastery bonus (so higher chance for rare) and shards and caphras almost disappeared from gathering.
    Even now: season channels. 90% or even more reduction "standard" black stones drop. Yes we don't need them because we use time filled but ... where are they? Answer: time filled black stones drop "takes" basic drop. So each time when game rng your drop season mats have bigger chance and priority.

#15 SSIJ, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Jinoro likes this.
  16. Webby

The funny thing about "conspiracy theories"...

Most of them turn out to be true.

MamoruKin, Jinoro, Life2v and 3 others like this.
  17. Mimimimi

next you'll be tellin' us the earth is a sphere. corporate shills! REEEE.!!

18. Andaro

Ambassador

now now...you know perfectly well the earth is a flat disc that sits on top of elephants riding on a turtles back, that swims through space

Jinoro and NoobGamersBerlin like this.
  19. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

You probably will not notice any difference without the kama scroll.

Jinoro likes this.
  20. Khondo

LOL Tin foil anyone.

I saw a streamer the other day get 12 ring drops in 1 day. While another get's none. RNG is RNG