1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver is becoming worthless (Inflation)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DarkKnightMasterRace, Aug 6, 2018.

1. SKS_DK

the economy is fked

RageAgainst and Chaos Ronin like this.
  2. Arcticcz

To spice it up a little ... what did anyone expect from Korean company? :D
    Srsly those ppl are used to 1000 KRW bill to have nearly no value so yeah, combine mindset where you need HUGE number to buy anything meaningful with European mindset where single coin can have value and you get economy that will go to **** since day one.

As I was one of ppl who argued fixed economy prices will kill this game and that pre-order will devastate this game in future as well, ... everyone laughed at my and other ppl mindset as we tried to argue about such effects. Now we are finally here to the times of ridiculously useless MP in MMO :)

Anyhow .. Welcome to game with MP using APK called Lenin 1.0 and Stalin 1.4 as their backbone which will soon end up f***ed as economy of post-WW2 Soviet Union.

3. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

It just takes common sense to understand that the market is not working properly. As @Factorial said, there would be zero inflation if there were no preorders present. That is the only reason we are seeing inflation on items, because preorders bypass the fixed prices. This is exactly the same problem that would happen if it was a free market with user controlled prices.

Fearless V, Lateral and Arreyanne like this.
  4. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

That's has nothing to do with inflation, it's about supply and demand. It's not the same thing.

5. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

4Bil :):):):):)

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

payouts can be real money trading extreme version.

get a couple of guys to sail, get few paying customers, provide them with t10 payouts. business! :D

Wuss likes this.
  7. iller

Silver was always worthless.
    The real way to get ahead in this game was always via Pearlshop

8. Thranduil

The issue is that sea monster hunting is profitable to the point that cooking/gathering/alchemy/farming is a waste of time, so most of the ones that made money making all those items and farmed enchanting materials aren't doing it.

So you may be a billionaire, but if the supermarket is empty because all who produce the goods are sea hunting you'll starve and die. Are you hungry now? just leave this issue unattended and you'll be preordering sharps/elixirs/foods/whatever for an insane amount of cash.

Kyouki, Arcticcz and RageAgainst like this.
  9. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

WONDERFUL analogy. Love it. Reminds me of the time I had a guildmate talking down to the rest of the guild for enhancing our gear, saying we were stupid for not just buying it at TRI/TET off the market. We tried explaining to him that if EVERYONE did that, there would be nothing to post on the market in the first place and he just couldnt wrap his head around the concept

10. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

It wasn't me!

11. 2Cents

This makes a lot of cents!

Since, nearly every Pearl Shop item is designed around making more silver. Thus, most Pearl Shop items are useless, amiright.

12. Tsurugi

in the game economy it does. if prices of goods are not adjusted to inflation, there is less incentive yo list said item, like value pack thus reducing supply. therefore inflation affects supply and demand.

the guy is saying inflation would not exist if prices were fixed like pearl items and un preorderable, which is false.

inflation affects supply and demand in the game economy because of fixed pricing...

try to read what the reply is quoting, not just the reply for full context.

13. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

It is not false, it is 100% true. In a fixed price market, there is literally no inflation. How could there be? The prices are fixed, meaning we do not control whether they go up or down. Removing preorders removes the player's ability to adjust prices on the buyer's side. It removes inflated prices.

What removing preorders does not solve is the excess silver we've accumulated and the lack of supply vs the increase in demand.

Factorial likes this.
  14. gosu

Buff cron stones so accessories dont degrade on failure. Big goldsink and also solves the most cancerous part of gear progression.

#54 gosu, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    iller and Fearless V like this.
  15. Tsurugi

you need to read my first post to understand the difference between celing prices and demand price. you even admitted supply and demand is affected by a surplus of currency, ask yourself what does the surplus do to overall purchasing power.

16. TeRRoRibleOne

Shakutu boxes aren't the answer to any of this, please for the love of god stop suggesting it. Our accessory market is entirely event driven. The current drop rate of accessories is extremely way too low plus the trash loot per hour at the locations makes these areas extremely undesirable to grind. Even thought I spent a full 30 days grinding at Mansha's killing Ogres and the Mansha's while waiting for respawns before our economy completely ran on events, it took me a full 30 days to get 5 ogre rings which is insane. Because of the current gearscores and upgrades to peoples ability to grind faster thanks to renown, the density of mobs in all the locations is not enough. This in-turn causes a lower trash loot per hour since people are waiting for respawns; a great example is I can do the entire riverbed on Basi's before they respawn at the beginning. They need to both increase the density of mobs at every single location that drops accessories (minus Aakman and Hystria, maybe Gyfin) but increase the drop rates by more than double.

Sea monsters has been throwing too much money into the economy cause the prices of items to rapidly increase. Yes some of you may want to try to blame Koi's and Octoboi's which yes it did cause some of the issues. I personally only fished for octoboi's during the event and made roughly 1 billion silver, nowhere near what I would have made from grinding for that entire month. But that is nowhere near the present income from sea monsters. The payouts I have seen from these are staggering. There are guilds who are making up to 3 BILLION PER WEEK for sea monster hunting. Let me repeat this, there are people making 3 billion per week because what was supposed to be a guild activity using multiple members can be done by a single person within minutes. How broken is it? I've seen people make 700m from sea monsters in a single hour while solo. I'm not going into the mechanics of how because I don't feel like having more people doing it because it is borderline exploiting IMO. People who solo Aakman/Hystria or group for Gyfin don't even make that amount in the same amount of time. You can't even make that amount in a week from purely lifeskilling. Siege guilds who have owned Mediah and Valencia for the last two weeks don't even bring in anywhere near the same amount of silver for the week, which is in the 15-30b range. Guilds who don't even siege more silver in their bank than siege guilds; I'm talking 300b+ silver.

This increase in wealth has caused preorders to go from reasonable to insane. At the present moment, Ogre rings a month ago were being preordered for 105m and now they are in the range of 250m. People are preordering base armors for 2 billion when you used to get it for at max 700m. Tet dande's and kzarka's are being bought for 4x their value now with preorders. Sea monsters has broken the economy and if you aren't exploiting from doing it, you are flat out ****ed if you want any type of progression. This is the type of nonsense that gets people thinking of quitting..... and I'm one of them. The dev's need to act fast or this game is finished.

Edit: Also forgot to mention multiple guilds have people in them willing to do sea monster hunting for them for cash or allowing people to join to get payouts for cash payments. Yes, there are multiple guilds that presently have that setup. Not to mention hackers are also loving this.

17. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

There is a lot of rhetoric to cover a simple principle of in-game economics for "currency inflation".

Simply put, the more pure currency that is generated, the less value that currency retains.

Pure currency comes from "the system", that is, it is "created". In BDO it is created by Three Forms: Monster Kills, NPCs, and Tax Income.

When a "currency sink" cannot keep up with "pure currency creation" then you begin to have inflation.

The debate over which content area generates the most PC (pure currency) can be debated, but it is obvious that there is not a significant cost of operation to the player to sink that currency out of the game. Of course, you can't do anything about currency that is "sat on".

With that have been said, and I understand I am being rhetorical myself, the Imperial Auction ( @CM Yukimura ) has the ability to sink out excessive amounts of currency and should be used more often, in my opinion, with perhaps a weekly feature. I will make a post on this.

18. Kelt Rand

So I’ve read multiple posts on this topic and The people who are denying that inflation is occurring then I’d assign this group to human caused climate change deniers.

Folks who are suggesting blocking preorders don’t understand economics and see multiple threads on why this is just dumb.

Terrible’s thread on Sea Monster Hunting is spot on.

The fix for this is multi-pronged: 1.) Correct Sea Monster Hunting (add mechanics to make it a large Guild / Group activity), 2.) Incentivize more supply sided activities to “restock” marketplace

19. gosu

What will happen is what happened several times already. They will buff other silver sources, increase MP min max and **** will go on as usual. Not the first time this is happening becuase they fcked something like this up, wont be the last.

20. Nibblesdragon

Preorders are the biggest thing that actually control inflation right now. These "prices" you see aren't just prices, they're representations of how much money people have and what people are willing to pay for things. If Preorders didn't exist, inflation would spiral out of control even faster and good luck buying anything of value.

stonedboss and Kelt Rand like this.